Deleted

Custom orange gear with 27 mods and Rakata set bonus?

I'm a bit confused. I see separate Campaign Armorings to buy at the vendor (for some Black Hole commedations) to put them into custom orange gear and get Rakata set bonus. But I don't see separate Dread Guard Armorings to do the same. So is it not possible to bypass doing Ops to get Dread Guard Armorings with Rakata bonus? You have to first get Unassembled Dread Guard pieces, trade them at the vendor and only then you can rip out the Armoring and put into custom orange shells?
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-01-28 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Correct.

It not possible to bypass doing Ops to get Dread Guard Armorings with Rakata bonus.

Well partly correct: you can buy 27 level non-slot specific armorings from the GTN for a LOT of money, or have them crafted, and then slot them into Rakata / Columi or Tionese shells. But that is the only way around it.

Fortunately for "real" dread guard armorings you still have to raid (which I think is fair as it is the best tier of armor you can get).

those campaign armorings were put in cause the the armorings on the campaign gear pieces was not properly itemized and pieces give low primary stat and high Endurance. while all dps/healing classes want high primary stat. before this we were forced to put non-slot armorings in tionese/columi/rakata shells to keep the set bonus to remain BiS (Best in slot)
    Fortunately for "real" dread guard armorings you still have to raid (which I think is fair as it is the best tier of armor you can get).
    a set bonus is a set bonus. the only difference between "dread guard" armorings and non-slot armoring in previous tier shell, is you get to pick which armor look you want, the stats are exactly the same still keep set bonus, only differences is looks.

since EC HM, you can become BiS without stepping into an ops, you can buy all end game gear with credits, it is not cheap but you can all armorings/mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels/implants/earpiece. even the recruit power relics are 4th BiS, and you get a free tionese set at 50 (which will allow you to keep bonuses with non-slot specific armorings)

Deleted
    Thx for answers guys! Decided to go for Campaign-tier gear and then try some Ops

2 questions: Can Campaign MK2 & 3 be crafted?

Second unrelated question... I'm deciding which Imp character to pick for my first Imp playthrough and I'm leaning towards Sith Inquisitor. The slave background aspect of the story is really intriguing me. But I saw some SI outfits... lol. Is the anyway to make my SI not look ridiculous with orange gear? Is there any BH/IA/SW orange stuff SI can wear?

Quote Originally Posted by nativetrash View Post
    those campaign armorings were put in cause the the armorings on the campaign gear pieces was not properly itemized and pieces give low primary stat and high Endurance. while all dps/healing classes want high primary stat. before this we were forced to put non-slot armorings in tionese/columi/rakata shells to keep the set bonus to remain BiS (Best in slot)

a set bonus is a set bonus. the only difference between "dread guard" armorings and non-slot armoring in previous tier shell, is you get to pick which armor look you want, the stats are exactly the same still keep set bonus, only differences is looks.

since EC HM, you can become BiS without stepping into an ops, you can buy all end game gear with credits, it is not cheap but you can all armorings/mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels/implants/earpiece. even the recruit power relics are 4th BiS, and you get a free tionese set at 50 (which will allow you to keep bonuses with non-slot specific armorings)
    Surely a delight to wear Tionese with full crafted dread guard mods..... . The only way to be individual and not bound to set shells is by doing Asation HC/ Denova Nightmare.... which is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Thx for answers guys! Decided to go for Campaign-tier gear and then try some Ops

2 questions: Can Campaign MK2 & 3 be crafted?

Second unrelated question... I'm deciding which Imp character to pick for my first Imp playthrough and I'm leaning towards Sith Inquisitor. The slave background aspect of the story is really intriguing me. But I saw some SI outfits... lol. Is the anyway to make my SI not look ridiculous with orange gear? Is there any BH/IA/SW orange stuff SI can wear?
    You should get lvl 50 first and then worry about the gear as the costs to get fully upgraded armorings/ mods will be something around [(7x3)+(2x2)]= 25 million credits.

Sith Inquisitor wears light armor. There is no other class wearing light (apart from your republic counterpart). Your only choice would be to get adaptive gear.