Poll: Should Blizz scrap all/part of SoO?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Would be nice if we ventured through Orgimmar as though it was like Stratholme. Always loved that dungeon. And Shadowfang Keep.

On a serious note people are probably setting themselves up for a fall if they think the instanced version of Org is going to be vastly different from the live incarnation we have right now. How bout we just avoid talking about a raid that doesn't exist yet as if it's up on the PTR right now ready for testing. I've already read at least one comment that says it isn't as good as 5.2 because 5.2 is the new Ulduar.......I mean it's not even finished yet but it's obviously as good as Ulduar because well...errrrrrr

Lets just be happy that people are so stoked about 5.2 before saying that 5.4 will be the next DS and moaning about it before we have even seen the PTR.

needs more info....... seriously we dont even know what is happening beneath org
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

There's going to be an entire raid zone underneath org most likely. We already know that for sure from the info we've been given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    On a serious note people are probably setting themselves up for a fall if they think the instanced version of Org is going to be vastly different from the live incarnation we have right now. How bout we just avoid talking about a raid that doesn't exist yet as if it's up on the PTR right now ready for testing. I've already read at least one comment that says it isn't as good as 5.2 because 5.2 is the new Ulduar.......I mean it's not even finished yet but it's obviously as good as Ulduar because well...errrrrrr

Lets just be happy that people are so stoked about 5.2 before saying that 5.4 will be the next DS and moaning about it before we have even seen the PTR.
    While I do agree that we can't really judge it yet, it is worth noting that once something gets onto the PTR, they aren't really going to do any major aesthetic changes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    There's going to be an entire raid zone underneath org most likely. We already know that for sure from the info we've been given.
    "The Siege of Ragefire Chasm with a lil bit of Org mixed in" doesnt exactly roll off the tongue. they called it Siege of Orgrimmar.. so i seriously *hope* that it doesnt take place entirely beneath Org.

and people that think Org is boring, lack imagination. yah if all you do is sit on your mammoth ontop of mailboxes while you AFK wait for queue's to pop.. thats boring. but the excitement of raiding a faction city if blizz pulls it together nicely, would be more amazing then your dumbed down idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Let's be honest, Throne of Thunder is probably the most epic raid since Ulduar. And Lei Shen is commonly compared in lore, fight, and power to the Lich King.

In light of this, does anyone else feel like Siege of Orgrimmar needs to be scrapped? I don't mean the idea of taking Garrosh out of power should be scrapped. I mean instead of invading Orgrimmar, we attack Garrosh somewhere larger and more new. Somewhere more like Throne of Thunder.

My big gripe is how small Orgrimmar really is. I mean could you imagine a raid boss in the Drag? There's little space for Blizz to include interesting mechanics. And fighting Garrosh in Grom'ash Hold? The most unepic way to kill him IMO.

Poll included at no extra charge.
    First of all, the main reason I am playing this expansion so i can charge into ogrimmar and give the hordies what for. Secondly, IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS LEI SHEN COMPAIRED TO THE LICH KING? Lore, fight, and power? are you kidding me? I absolutely loved the LK fight, he had the power to raise armies of the undead and spread them across the world, and lore wise... i'm pretty sure most of warcraft 3 and an entire WoW expansion rotated around just him. There's no comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    "The Siege of Ragefire Chasm with a lil bit of Org mixed in" doesnt exactly roll off the tongue. they called it Siege of Orgrimmar.. so i seriously *hope* that it doesnt take place entirely beneath Org.

and people that think Org is boring, lack imagination. yah if all you do is sit on your mammoth ontop of mailboxes while you AFK wait for queue's to pop.. thats boring. but the excitement of raiding a faction city if blizz pulls it together nicely, would be more amazing then your dumbed down idea.
    Likely will have nothing to do with RFC but what I'm expecting is a couple bosses around the main gate, some bosses inside on the surface, and we work our way down in to whatever mess Garrosh has been making under the city with a few more bosses and a final battle with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilesz View Post
    The raid doesn't happen in Ogrimmar. It occurs beneath ogrimmar. In the info we have it talks about how the horde is shocked and horrified to find out what garrosh is doing beneath the capitol. So there is a whole zone they can set up.
    If you did RFC in MoP, the small group of investigators has no idea who those lunatics in instance answer to, and I think it'd be poorly done to have them being something Garrosh is up to. I know they said they were gona be surprised what Garrosh is up to down there, but it doesn't fit in with his whole getting brand new, powerful technologies out of Pandaria, if his actual "ultimate weapon" was in Orgrimmar the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a player who identifys himself with the horde i hate the idea of raiding org. I'm very surprised other horde players want to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    First of all, the main reason I am playing this expansion so i can charge into ogrimmar and give the hordies what for. Secondly, IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS LEI SHEN COMPAIRED TO THE LICH KING? Lore, fight, and power? are you kidding me? I absolutely loved the LK fight, he had the power to raise armies of the undead and spread them across the world, and lore wise... i'm pretty sure most of warcraft 3 and an entire WoW expansion rotated around just him. There's no comparison at all.
    In the WoW universe Le Shen is being compared to the Lich King. He didn't defeat Kil'jaeden and take his powers for himself, he was infused with them by Kil'jaeden and tasked with the Legion's command. Lei Shen stole power from a Titan watcher by tearing out the Watcher's heart. Everything the Lich King did, from his powers over Undeath (barely a scratch compared to powers of the Titans) to him merging with Arthas was facilitated entirely by *other beings*. Lei Shen took it for himself, as a direct challenge to those who made him and his kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilesz View Post
    The raid doesn't happen in Ogrimmar. It occurs beneath ogrimmar. In the info we have it talks about how the horde is shocked and horrified to find out what garrosh is doing beneath the capitol. So there is a whole zone they can set up.
    I second this one.

People are getting super excited about the new lore in 5.2. IMO it's great we are seeing such a universally positive reaction to 5.2, I don't think I've ever seen the community so excited about a new raid instance not to mention that the Mogu were kind of a none entity pre patch. I haven't read all this new stuff as I'm not on the PTR but after leveling up through Pandaria the Mogu felt a bit underwhelming. Yes they are meant to be evil, yes they used to rule Pandaria.......but what are they doing pre 5.2 that feels impactful?

Looks like 5.2 has filled in the Mogu very nicely, turns out they are much deeper than generic evil overlords and are a kind of lost children driven to evil because they stopped receiving orders from their creators. Apparently Lei Shen defeated either a watcher (which is cool) or defeated a full blown Titan (which is why people are getting such raging lore boners about him) on his path to power. We won't know which it is until Ra'den's true nature is revealed but it's getting people very excited regardless.

I just find it sad that people are already signing 5.4 off before we even know anything about it. For a lot of people MoP has been a return to form for Blizzard after a pretty woeful 2011-12 period and I hope it continues.

He was an emperor that put the Mogu on the map as a semi-civilized race through fear instilling unity and strength in his people. He could control storms ffs (literally the king of thunder). He's the one who ordered the serpent spine be built. He ruled the continent for thousands of years.

He's literally a WoW version of an ancient Chinese emperor that also controls lightning at his will.

He's definitely comparable to the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this what the community has come to... Complaining about raids we know literally nothing about. Besides where it partly takes place and maybe who the last boss is.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

yeah, ToT is the most epic raid since Ulduar, you know, I have been raiding this zone since what ..... 8 weeks straight now and OMG it's so epic
    And yeah Lei Shin is so epic, I feel I know this guy since 7 years of lore now.

Also it's far better than the SoO, yeah I have done the raid boss in the drag, it's so fucking weak, wait until you'll see the boss near the barber shop, it's completly un-epic and hard but they will nerf it pretty soon, but my fav is the one in the AH of the Valley of Honnor, wait until he split in two ( apparently in heroic he split in 4 )

So yeah.... wait until you see it before scrapping everything

there was a blue post way back that clarified when they said garrosh was corrupted, it was in the sense of a leader corrupted by his hunger for power. Not him possessed by an outside force. although I believe this was back in the beta days, so they could easily change their mind if they feel it makes a better story

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    As a player who identifys himself with the horde i hate the idea of raiding org. I'm very surprised other horde players want to do this.
    You know its our (the hordes) leader that's basically the big asshole of this expansion right?

Why wouldn't the leader of the horde base his operation straight out of his capitol?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Who's to say it won't be in some part of the city that us players don't even know about, someplace Garrosh has built/hiding whatever he is doing? Could be on a completely different plane, accessed through some ritual, or it could be built waaay deep under the city, meaning completely new *zone/area* and new artwork etc.

I cannot fathom peoples abilities to get bent out of shape over something they have no clue about due to lack of info... I mean really >< /boggled
    I'll quote myself:

...it would be interesting to see Garrosh as the first boss in a giant corrupted cave/lair system below Orgrimmar.
    I would love to see something like that. In my experience, Blizzard takes the more obvious/easy route. Hence the apprehension about SoO.

I have a few hopes that SoO won't turn out to be the awful rehashed mess that I think it probably will be. However, I'd prefer the idea scrapped and to take my chances with something else, personally.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You're bored of the scaled down version. We'll be in a much larger version. Don't judge before it is even out.
    My opinion of mud huts and spikes won't improve with... more mud huts and spikes. Orgrimmar is a boring place, whether it's large or small.

And finally, to everyone saying, "How can you judge something before it's released?" you have to remember two things:

1. Once it's out, it won't change. It's the point of no return.
    2. This is a thread devoted to whether or not we want the idea scrapped, not if we think it may have a chance of turning out okay. I'm playing Black Jack, my current hand looks like shit, and I want to hit for another card. Sure, I could stop at a 15, but why be complacent and boring when dealing with an imaginary situation on a message board that isn't read by Blizzard? If I had the ability to pick, I'd scrap it. That doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to believe it's ever going to be scrapped under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2013-01-28 at 03:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    I'll quote myself:

I would love to see something like that. In my experience, Blizzard takes the more obvious/easy route. Hence the apprehension about SoO.

I have a few hopes that SoO won't turn out to be the awful rehashed mess that I think it probably will be. However, I'd prefer the idea scrapped and to take my chances with something else, personally.
    Why is there this negative attitude that Blizzard won't be creative with SoO?

T14 has gorgeous new environments. ToT obviously looks incredible. Hell even going back to Cata, Firelands was amazing honestly and T11 wasn't that bad either.

DS is not even remotely enough of a reason for me to doubt Blizzards ability to make SoO fantastic.