Poll: Should Blizz scrap all/part of SoO?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar in need of a scrapping?

Let's be honest, Throne of Thunder is probably the most epic raid since Ulduar. And Lei Shen is commonly compared in lore, fight, and power to the Lich King.

In light of this, does anyone else feel like Siege of Orgrimmar needs to be scrapped? I don't mean the idea of taking Garrosh out of power should be scrapped. I mean instead of invading Orgrimmar, we attack Garrosh somewhere larger and more new. Somewhere more like Throne of Thunder.

My big gripe is how small Orgrimmar really is. I mean could you imagine a raid boss in the Drag? There's little space for Blizz to include interesting mechanics. And fighting Garrosh in Grom'ash Hold? The most unepic way to kill him IMO.

Poll included at no extra charge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They could actually make Orgrimar "city" sized for a raid. I mean the city is so small for a capital of an entire race. I understand they did it that way to save on space, but, the raid could take advantage of being instanced, and be much larger.

No one said SoO takes place 100% in org, more then likely it will be closer to the way Dragon Soul was only in reverse.

Here is my basic Theory of how it will go down

We start at location X (likely Stormwind, the ruins of Theramore, Echo Islands or Brackenwall Village) move to ether Durotar or Azshara, fight our to Grom'ash Hold, garrosh fight, part 1 (or phase 1) in Grom'ash Hold, part 2/phase 2 Crap hits the fan, huge Sha explosion decimating Grom'ash Hold, sending us all flying, and leaving a nice big crater to fight in for the last of it!
    Rexxar takes war chief of orcs, vol'jin leader of the horde.

The raid doesn't happen in Ogrimmar. It occurs beneath ogrimmar. In the info we have it talks about how the horde is shocked and horrified to find out what garrosh is doing beneath the capitol. So there is a whole zone they can set up.

First of all, you haven't seen the raid, no one has therefore you have absolutely no idea how it will look like.

Secondly, do you really think, that they will put the team that makes the next expansion to make the SoO, which is also the last Raid of MoP and still keep Org looking the same? So basically they won't do any design at all? You may not notice it now, but if they actually do that and keep Org the same there will be so much crying on the forums the net will go crazy.

You think they'll go "Yeah we have Org as it is, just put some bosses and mobs here and there and it's ready, yay another expansion finished whoohoo!"?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Let's be honest, Throne of Thunder is probably the most epic raid since Ulduar. And Lei Shen is commonly compared in lore, fight, and power to the Lich King.

In light of this, does anyone else feel like Siege of Orgrimmar needs to be scrapped? I don't mean the idea of taking Garrosh out of power should be scrapped. I mean instead of invading Orgrimmar, we attack Garrosh somewhere larger and more new. Somewhere more like Throne of Thunder.

My big gripe is how small Orgrimmar really is. I mean could you imagine a raid boss in the Drag? There's little space for Blizz to include interesting mechanics. And fighting Garrosh in Grom'ash Hold? The most unepic way to kill him IMO.

Poll included at no extra charge.
    this is why you don't work for blizzard, "siege of orgrimmar" is basically all you know, and garrosh who will probably be corrupted by something will be the final boss. and u say.

"it needs to be scrapped because orgrimmar is too small and it will be terrible"

if that really is how it goes down it will indeed be fail, but im willing to bet with the way MoP has been going it will be NOTHING like that and a much better raid than you described.

Scrap the idea as a whole. I never liked it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Scrap the idea as a whole. I never liked it to begin with.
    And this is why they should have never mentioned the last raid. But how can they do that when people were crying about not having a main villain.

And that really boggles my mind! How many games are there of which you have no idea who the main villain is until the last parts of the game? Not to mention that Vanilla didn't have a main villain either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I cant vote becuase I have no idea wtf the bosses would be and how many bosses would there be. Basicly I have no idea wtf is goin to happen so yeah.

One thing I know is, they wont just ''hey guys lets put some thrash in org and Garrosh in Grommash hold and thats it!''
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-28 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    ''hey guys lets put some thash in org and Garrosh in Grommash hold and thats it!''
    yeh there has to be something pretty huge happening for the whole of the horde to turn against garrosh and need the might of the horde/alliance to bring him down, and yes what would the other bosses be, a few kor'kron mini bosses and the stable npc with a few AH npcs? seriously people who don't like the idea probably lack imagination, when they know nothing really of what the raid will contain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh there has to be something pretty huge happening for the whole of the horde to turn against garrosh and need the might of the horde/alliance to bring him down, and yes what would the other bosses be, a few kor'kron mini bosses and the stable npc with a few AH npcs? seriously people who don't like the idea probably lack imagination, when they know nothing really of what the raid will contain.
    Yeah exacly why I cant vote, simply because we only know that we will fight Garrosh, and probably Malkarokk is a Boss. Thats about all we know, why would I say they need to scrap the idea, if I have no idea if its actually the most epic and badass shit ever.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-28 at 01:57 AM.

Yeah. Not into the idea of fighting Garrosh in Orgrimmar. Scrapping the whole idea and creating something new would be a welcome reprieve from Dragon Soul 2.0. At the very least, it would be interesting to see Garrosh as the first boss in a giant corrupted cave/lair system below Orgrimmar. Anything less would probably cause me to drop my sub and move on.
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2013-01-28 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    Yeah. Not into the idea of fighting Garrosh in Orgrimmar. Scrapping the whole idea and creating something new would be a welcome reprieve from Dragon Soul 2.0.
    How does this sound anything like Dragon Soul to you? Unless we will be fighting on Garrosh's back...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you haven't seen the raid, you have no idea whats going to be happening in it, and your just assuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't even vote for anything in that poll. Where the the "we don't know what the fuck it is yet"?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How does this sound anything like Dragon Soul to you? Unless we will be fighting on Garrosh's back...
    Recycled environment. Predictable, poorly written bad guy. Uninteresting content (read: orcs) filling the raid.

Throne of Thunder is a perfect example of insanely original, fun, and interesting content and environment. Nothing about it is recycled or poorly written. Adventuring in a broken-down Mogu castle filled with dinosaurs is something that's never been seen before. I've seen Orgrimmar for nearly a decade and I didn't even like it the first time I saw it. Mud huts, spikes, and orcs aren't exactly interesting or original.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    seriously people who don't like the idea probably lack imagination
    Or they played during Dragon Soul. No lack of imagination could have possibly prepared anyone for that raid. As a result, I've lowered my expectations considerably.
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2013-01-28 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course lets all jump on the bandwagon of how bad an idea this is before we even see it.
    Then be mildly impressed when it's release (or secretly impressed) before reading some misleading threads on the forums & hop back on the bandwagon of why it's bad, it sucks, I don't like this game anymore!

Honestly, which expansion had not a single QQ about the last raid, excluding Naxx during Vanilla, as probably less then 20% of the playerbase saw that content.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Scrap the whole thing

Keep Garrosh As Warchief

Have Y'Shaarj as the last boss of the Xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Of course lets all jump on the bandwagon of how bad an idea this is before we even see it.
    Then be mildly impressed when it's release (or secretly impressed) before reading some misleading threads on the forums & hop back on the bandwagon of why it's bad, it sucks, I don't like this game anymore!

Honestly, which expansion had not a single QQ about the last raid, excluding Naxx during Vanilla, as probably less then 20% of the playerbase saw that content.
    You are correct, every Expac has had MASSIVE QQ about the last Raid, this will be no diferrent. And just to clarify less than 5% of the community even entered Naxx in Vanilla, acording to Blizzard lol.

@ OP. I like the Idea and TBH your acting like a 10 year old brat. we don't know anything about SoO except that it takes place below org and that garrosh is the last boss. thats it we don't know the size, we don't know the number of bosses, we don't even know if garrosh will actually be killed, for all we know he will escape leaving the fight to be continued in a new expand. Also for an expand thats about war between the horde and the alli Its a perfect end. horde and alli unite to take out a common enemy before going back to bashing each others brains in.