Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i can see what the OP is talking about, when you've been around here for a few years you've pretty much seen 99% of threads before. Still thats just the nature of forums. These days i usually just stick to news, games, computer threads since they change a lot with new stuff always happening. I definately agree there needs to be a politics forums though, especially when most of it is American politics which the rest of the world doesn't have a say in (this would include gun control).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Well i can see what the OP is talking about, when you've been around here for a few years you've pretty much seen 99% of threads before. Still thats just the nature of forums. These days i usually just stick to news, games, computer threads since they change a lot with new stuff always happening. I definately agree there needs to be a politics forums though, especially when most of it is American politics which the rest of the world doesn't have a say in (this would include gun control).
    if your bored of something why not step away and take a break rather than have people banned/forbid talking about perfectly valid thread topics?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lol you serious>? yeah there is a war going on against women, you didnt hear?
    If men are so equal to women why can't they have children

Checkmate feminists

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    If men are so equal to women why can't they have children

Checkmate feminists
    Nope feminists still have us there...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-truth-.html

Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if your bored of something why not step away and take a break rather than have people banned/forbid talking about perfectly valid thread topics?
    Well thats kind of what i meant, i just tend to read certain areas of the forums these days whereas before i spent a lot more time in general off topic. I dont think peoplfe should be banned for talking about certain topics, after all people are joining the forums all the time and wont have seen those threads beore. I just think when something like politics is dominating general off topic it needs its own sub forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Well thats kind of what i meant, i just tend to read certain areas of the forums these days whereas before i spent a lot more time in general off topic. I dont think peoplfe should be banned for talking about certain topics, after all people are joining the forums all the time and wont have seen those threads beore. I just think when something like politics is dominating general off topic it needs its own sub forum.
    i just think it all needs to be merged into one mega thread. shootings and all.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i just think it all needs to be merged into one mega thread. shootings and all.
    I think we did once have a megathread for "no gf :(((" problems and other things like that, but it died. People like to make their own threads so that they get more attention.

I don't understand the complaint here. You don't have to read/comment on those threads.... Does those threads just being created annoy and offend you? Are they causing you pain? Does just seeing them exist make you upset?

If thats true, I think you have more problems than redundant threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    So far we have:

- Political threads (they are okay)
    - Gun threads ( stop those, people will never change the mind of somebody else with a different opinion on matters like this)
    - News threads (again, okay)
    - Ocassional funny news thread (more than welcome)
    - Science related threads (totally fine and okay)
    - Do you believe in ghosts threads
    - Food threads (more than welcome!)
    - Dilemmas, trilemmas and general problem threads
    - Tipping threads
    - Zombie/end of the world threads
    - Obesity/fat people threads
    - War threads

And last but not least our dear old friend:

- Relationship/dating/crush threads

I think some of these threads should be reduced honestly, some topics have been discussed to death and nobody is getting anywhere! (I am looking at you, gun threads)o
    All the war/nation bashing threads need to fuck off already... Or at least have their own sub-forum! I'm so sick of looking at them on here! Everyday there is a new one and they go nowhere. But most of all, the relationship/dating/crush threads need to go. I'm so sick of those "I'm in college and I'm too scared to talk to this girl because I'm afraid of being rejected BLAH BLAH BLAH what should I do!?" threads, I mean come on already -_-
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

There a lot of issues that Gun threads haven't even touched on, so while I agree that people spouting the same arguments for/against firearms need to probably exit the conversation, that probably doesn't mean that the conversation should just die as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Some bacon.
    But the stores are closed.

But to not derail the thread:

You cannot see how some thread types are just annoying at this point?
    I agree, threads complaining about threads are the most annoying one I've seen of late. Delicious irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.