Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

how to stop feeling emotions

I've struggled with anger for several years and i want to stop every emotion
    how would one do this?

Wouldn't recommend stopping them. Finding balance is the key, but how varies from person to person. I find manual labor (IE splitting logs, or other hard work) to be physically and mentally liberating. It also give you time to think.

There is no way to do that with taking heavy medication and it is not really all that healthy. If you want to control your anger you first need to understand your triggers and how you can help yourself to calm down after they have been pushed.

"Stop every emotion" sounds like the start of darkness for a big bad who will seek to destroy the world to cleanse mankind of the cardinal flaw of emotion.

It's a bit extreme an idea is what I'm saying.

Anger management is a thing, though.

Become a Vulcan.

Insert joke about Christian Bale coming to kill you here.

Get it all out with the RP character in your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Get it all out with the RP character in your sig?
    no one is on the rp threads anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Become a Vulcan.

This would be the only logical step.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    how would one do this?
    Find a outlet in which to vent extra rage.

Running is mine personally.

Deleted
    Medication.

Go speak to a psychologist and get their advice. If they feel you need it, they'll refer you to a psychiatrist for further evaluation. This kind of thing is not something an online forum can help you with.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Become a Vulcan.
    Dalek would be the better choice. They get those cool tanks.

But then again i think they are always mad.

Vulcan is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    how would one do this?
    Why would anyone want to stop every emotion? Emotions are part of what makes us humans, you know. And give us more information on your problem if you want help.

But you could try martial arts, for example. More than blowing your anger there, you could learn how to manage it and be in control of your emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Why would anyone want to stop every emotion? Emotions are part of what makes us humans, you know. And give us more information on your problem if you want help.

But you could try martial arts, for example. More than blowing your anger there, you could learn how to manage it and be in control of your emotions.
    I have no idea why im so angry, psychologists ive gone too cant figure it out
    I want to learn boxing but i cant afford it

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotions = feelings, feelings come from beliefs, and if you wanted to become emotionless you'd have to believe that nothing can and will ever matter to you. You have to force yourself to believe that you could give a rat's ass about any situation you may come across. You change beliefs by justifying a new belief (the replacement one) as rational and the old one as irrational.

Pretty much, tell yourself lies until you believe them.

Deleted
    Buy a mask and embrace your anger... no wait you weren't asking how to become a super villain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Find a outlet in which to vent extra rage.

Running is mine personally.
    This. Check out various sports or even a gym / fighting schools. Hell, boxing could be your thing. Just don't beat a random guy up or get hurt yourself and your feelings will be back in check in no time!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"