Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's pretty telling that a gigantic portion of the playerbase doesn't want to do one of the most major parts of the game, no?
    I think LFR should now be included as 'raiding,' so the numbers of people raiding are much, much, much higher than they have been in the past. Since LFR, the number of people raiding has increased quite drastically.

got a problem with the guild im in we just got the roles we need filled so we can raid after we killed guards ppl stopped showing bar the usual 6 2 tank 2 healers 2 dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    I think LFR should now be included as 'raiding,' so the numbers of people raiding are much, much, much higher than they have been in the past. Since LFR, the number of people raiding has increased quite drastically.
    LFR isn't raiding, at least not the way raiding has been understood in wow historically. LFR is missing all the things that define raiding (at least to me), which are long lasting and committed groups (i.e., guilds), common objectives over an extended period of time, good management, leadership and structure, etc. etc. LFR is basically solo content that happens to take place in a random group.

It all depends on what you call tricks. If you lure people in under false pretenses, it clearly wont work at all. But if tricks means you make them happy to raid, its good.

I see a lot of responses that seem to assume everyone has a disposition to raid, or not - and that this is a constant given. Reality to me is that this is not the case at all. Some like hardcore raiding, minmaxing every detail. Some like a casual stroll. Some need to be shown that they can trust the raidgroup to deliver (if I pass now for this raidspot/loot, I get it next another time).

I have no clue how atmosphere is in other raids. I have been in a very strong 25 men raid community that still is going strong, and now am part of our own 10 men guild initiative. Both take care to have fun and have a pleasurable atmosphere, where the progression is as much motivating as the atmosphere itself - teamwork, which motivates people all over the world to play all sorts of sports. But I also have seen glimpses of other raidgroups, where atmosphere was much more harsh, favoritism happened and other aspects that I dislike. Were I part of such a group, my motivation would be much less.

Also, part of good raiding is to enjoy the cycle of progressive improvement, where a wipe is ok as long as it brought more insight and experience. I note a lot of people in LFR who dont get that concept; new raiders need to be educated to get what raiding is about and why that is fun.

So, if the trick is 'join us, we can be trusted for a fun and rewarding evening' it is fine as long as you work to deliver..

@Martoshi
    Do you not see what you're doing here is posting your experience and opinion while telling other people their experience and opinion is invalid?

I thoroughly believe that everything you're saying about your server is true, but there are plenty examples of where it's different.
    My guild is getting stronger by the tier, we have more and more applicants by the week. There's plenty of guilds out there that show the raiding game is still very attractive. You might feel it's not and I respect that, all I ask is the same in return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llyth View Post
    Do you not see what you're doing here is posting your experience and opinion while telling other people their experience and opinion is invalid?
    Did you not see what I wrote? I explicitly stated this is my experience from my server (which you can see is not unique if you look at other medium/low population servers on wowprogress etc.). I further explicitly stated that the experience of someone on a high population realm is going to be completely different, I even explained why it is that on some servers things appear to be "getting stronger" at the moment.