Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    DPS difference at BiS level is around 1.1k (or around 1%) - to be fair, this isn't far off what a standard food buff gives you and people make quite the fuss over that.
    if you die because you couldn't use vanish in an emergency, that's 100K DPS loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    if you die because you couldn't use vanish in an emergency, that's 100K DPS loss.
    That's my reasoning too - the benefits of not using Vanish are arbitrary as it ranges from being a waste to being the deciding factor on a kill. Given that the margin is 1% (plus standard deviation) I think I'll stick to not using it.

Don't think Ryme was arguing that those numbers justify using Vanish - having the numbers does make it a more constructive debate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    That's my reasoning too - the benefits of not using Vanish are arbitrary as it ranges from being a waste to being the deciding factor on a kill. Given that the margin is 1% (plus standard deviation) I think I'll stick to not using it.

Don't think Ryme was arguing that those numbers justify using Vanish - having the numbers does make it a more constructive debate though.
    Pretty much, yeah. Though a 1% increase at the expense of not having a button you shouldn't need anyway, isn't something to push aside easily.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. Though a 1% increase at the expense of not having a button you shouldn't need anyway, isn't something to push aside easily.
    In the end it becomes a question of whether that 1% would make a difference. Every little counts, but this is not a clear cut case where it's all upside and no downside (like Rupturing as combat). I reckon one has to evaluate whether the safety buffer is relevant on an encounter basis - for instance, I wouldn't go without Vanish on Stone Guardians, but it's practically a free DPS boost on Feng.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2013-01-30 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    I notice you're left with a monk tank quite often - Taking the Expose Armor glyph could be worth taking

To the point about vanish, rogues have the strongest personal CD's.

If you die after popping feint, either a) everyone died and it's a wipe or b) someone else f'd up, and chances are you vanishing will only get others killed regardless.

I think vanish is a viable CD and it'll only get stronger with prep

Everything looked fine, you did let rupture drop on the first add when he was below 10%, which is not a huge deal, i tend to refresh mainly for the energy regen when it dies, especially since you're not going to be able to redirect the CPs off of him since you already used it when he spawned. Aside from that my only complaint about this video is that you have mind numbing poisons on, which will make your casters hate you in p2 when you break them out of MC. No need for a secondary poison on this fight at all, still makes me feel weird, though, not having one

Aside from that rupture uptimes and cp management were good from what i saw.

To other arguements, mutilate outside of hero and shadowblades is an extremely slow spec, so pooling is just fine, I tend to wait for mutilate until I get either a dancing steel/trinket proc or or am reaching 100 energy, then i try to keep envenom uptime up for the duration. Mutilate is very simple, try to only do muti's/dispatch when under envenom and pool energy (without capping) for procs. The procs thing is much less important but its something you can do in the copious amounts of downtime you'll have with the spec.

Deleted
    I have allways wondered if it's not worth energy pooling up to 95-100 energy before a 5 cp envenom (only if you dont have a dispatch proc ready). Depending on the number of Venomous Wounds procs this will usualy allow a third use of mutilate during the envenom buff. In case a dispatch proc is ready to go before a 5 cp envenom, that wold translate into pooling 85-90 energy before useing dispatch and then useing mutilate 3 times before the envenom buff ends. While trying this i was in no danger of energy caping.

Ofc this shold not be done during Bloodlust. My haste rateing while trying this was 2406 (5.66%).

Not saying the way you play is wrong but i see Mut to be the relaxing spec where you really dont need to be spamming buttons as much and where as combat spamming is the only way. So i understand where someone watching that video can say how your excessive button mashing is not needed but its not bad that you are mashing.
    Imo the way your play you might have more fun playing combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    Not saying the way you play is wrong but i see Mut to be the relaxing spec where you really dont need to be spamming buttons as much and where as combat spamming is the only way. So i understand where someone watching that video can say how your excessive button mashing is not needed but its not bad that you are mashing.
    Imo the way your play you might have more fun playing combat.
    I do, but damage-wise it's not really a discussion atm - and assassination has its perks too.The button mashing has been a part of my playstyle since beta; if I don't use spell X the instant it becomes available, I feel I'm playing suboptimally. Ofcourse, in this spec that is an illusion, but that concept has been ingrained in me (us) for the last 7 years - letting go takes time.

Smashing your keyboard is nearly always a dps increase, just because of server-client lag - I think I get the point people are making, though, with so much pooling going on, is it as important?

Video from Kripp explains a bit better (about 2 mins in), also still holds a lot of useful info despite being quite old now:

I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Whoa, I even use that exact keyboard. +1 internets?

Kripp has since then revised his standpoint on the matter - instead of spamming, he uses keyboard macros to spam for him when clicked once, for a fixed period of time. It doesn't exactly comply with the EULA, but theoretically it's better.