Question Questions About Hunters!

I just hit 90 on my hunter lastnight and right now i sit around 458 ilvl running heroics. when i run heroics alot of players seem to be killing me on the meters even players in greens..i got the rotation down and im hit and exp capped. boss fights im around 35-45k then ya have this frost dk in greens with green weapon doin 56k.. Does this get better with gear? Or in raids are we mid-low on the dps chart? Also im bm spec should i try something else until im geared? thx

Deleted
    Definitely try Survival. Survival has some amazing AoE damage because Multi-Shot spreads Serpent Sting on all targets and also does some instant poison damage. Beast Mastery on the other hand, has very poor AoE damage but edges ahead of Survival on single target fights. If all you care about is topping the damage done meters, go Survival.

Just open up with a Misdirect, Multi-Shot, Explosive Trap and continue Multi-Shotting after that. If you insist on staying Beast Mastery grab a Worm of Chimera. Both of these pets have a channeled* AoE ability that helps you deal some more AoE damage.

*Bear in mind it's channeled, your pet won't be doing any basic attacks or consume Beast Cleave during it.

Is all hunter specs behind though on single target fights? I seem to be not bad on aoe could be better so ill try survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Definitely try Survival. Survival has some amazing AoE damage because Multi-Shot spreads Serpent Sting on all targets and also does some instant poison damage. Beast Mastery on the other hand, has very poor AoE damage but edges ahead of Survival on single target fights. If all you care about is topping the damage done meters, go Survival.

Just open up with a Misdirect, Multi-Shot, Explosive Trap and continue Multi-Shotting after that. If you insist on staying Beast Mastery grab a Worm of Chimera. Both of these pets have a channeled* AoE ability that helps you deal some more AoE damage.

*Bear in mind it's channeled, your pet won't be doing any basic attacks or consume Beast Cleave during it.
    actually using those AoE attacks is a DPS loss more often then not because of the loss of the auto attack and beat cleave.

Do not worry about losing to DKs they are still as OP as ever and take barely money then a monkey tripping on acid to play them. SV is better for trash but BM is better for single target.

Hunters right now single target are middle of the pack, we are not terrible but we are not great either. Hopefully when they start doing the PvE balacing for 5.2 we will see some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    Is all hunter specs behind though on single target fights? I seem to be not bad on aoe could be better so ill try survival.
    I PVE as SURV I like the spec more than BM and I am able to keep up with them in single target fights and own them on AOE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    actually using those AoE attacks is a DPS loss more often then not because of the loss of the auto attack and beat cleave.
    I should know better not to respond to you, but here goes. Since we are talking about dungeons it doesn't take much for these abilities to be worthwhile. From what I tested before it only takes 6 mobs for Burrow Attack to be worth using. Beast Cleave's damage is pitiful and you can almost ignore it. Didn't try Froststorm Breath yet but IIRC that isn't as good as Burrow Attack on AoE packs that die quickly. Hence why I didn't test it yet, I play Survival on prolonged AoE phases whether that's a dungeon or raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

Do not worry about losing to DKs they are still as OP as ever and take barely money then a monkey tripping on acid to play them. SV is better for trash but BM is better for single target.

Hunters right now single target are middle of the pack, we are not terrible but we are not great either. Hopefully when they start doing the PvE balacing for 5.2 we will see some love.
    It's kind of hilarious, I run a DK on our alt run, and frost is just so empty a spec, I just sit there spamming like 3 buttons, and a (one, singular) CD every minute. It's ridiculous. Occasionally I blood tap, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello.

I run heroics also atm, and I just switch speces whenever boss fights are coming up: BM for bosses, Survival for trash. Works just fine.