10 Heroic Amber-shaper add control

Hello! We've been working on 10 heroic amber-shaper for a few nights already. Our big problem is that we're getting overrun by adds. Currently we are using a 3 tank strat and find we have to use 3 healers to keep up with the damage caused by the adds. We get 4 scalpels in phase 1 and plan on leaving a tank perma-reshaped. Each tank drinks one pool in phase 1 and then as needed in phase 2. We are planning on the other reshaped people to drink 1 pool each. Our comp is this:

Blood DK
    Guardian Druid
    Prot Warrior

Enhancement Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Hunter
    Warlock

Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin (Goes ret for 2 heals)

Anyone suggestions and ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again in advance MMO. You guys always come through for me.

Hi,

We went for a debuff stacking strat with a massive burn at 70%. Its pretty boring, but it works. You can see how we did it in our vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDt7d8eue_I

No one touches the boss in P1 except the two tanks stacking the debuff, no cleave, nothing. When 70% approaches and he does the scalpel and reshape, the raid burns him down.

In P2 transformed ppl wait for interrupt to hit first time. Each person eats 4 times while maintaining debuff. Get out when next person has interrupted, repeat. Stacks on monstrosity until dead, and restart stacks on boss in P3.

It gets a little hairy at the end of our video . Stupid blobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    We get 3 or 4 scalpels depending on which tank gets reshaped first and we always try to have our prot warrior be perma shaped in p2. He does a stack on the boss then on the amber dude so he goes down in 3 reshapes. Our prot pally tanks both the boss and amber dude and I taunt the amber dude for fling (fury warrior). We 2 heal it with a holy pally and whatever monk spec heals I don't even know. We generally have our hunter and ele shaman burst down the adds as close to the middle as possible to keep up stacks on both. I'm sure I wasn't much help but I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimemage View Post
    Hi,

We went for a debuff stacking strat with a massive burn at 70%. Its pretty boring, but it works. You can see how we did it in our vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDt7d8eue_I

No one touches the boss in P1 except the two tanks stacking the debuff, no cleave, nothing. When 70% approaches and he does the scalpel and reshape, the raid burns him down.

In P2 transformed ppl wait for interrupt to hit first time. Each person eats 4 times while maintaining debuff. Get out when next person has interrupted, repeat. Stacks on monstrosity until dead, and restart stacks on boss in P3.

It gets a little hairy at the end of our video . Stupid blobs.
    I'm going to watch your video, but how many pools were your tanks aiming to drink per reshape in phase 1? How many did you find you need to have going into phase 2? I guess, that seems to be our biggest problem - how many pools do we need to have laying on the ground going into phase 2?

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:20 AM ----------

Watched it. Wow, that makes it LOL easy. Thank you for posting that vid. Incoming kill tomorrow.

Think we will also try the burn strat tonight. Thanks for the great vid.

The adds respawn at about the same speed as the reshape happens, so the best way to not get overrun is to have each reshaped person eat 4 pools (all that spawned during the latest scalpel). With all that extra energy they will be able to keep the vulnerability debuff up on themselves (I think it's the "2"-key, same as self-interrupt) which helps with nuking down the extra health they get from all the eating.

If you are only eating one pool per reshape it will quickly go out of control and your dps will be too busy re-killing blobs to have time to nuke reshaped people, the boss / monstrosity.

Deleted
    We tried both strats a lot.. and we found the burn strat to be SO much easier, keepin stacks on boss in p2 and monstrosity is too hard and RNG.

-6th reshape eats 3 pools, leaving 1
    -nuke down the 7th reshape fast (eat 1 pool at 80 energy) then when the scalpel comes nuke the shit out of the boss (having a restro druid helps a lot here).. use blood lust when scalpel is comin in 20secs (as BL lasts like 40secs, helps u get the reshape down fast). If no1 has touched the boss it'll be about 77%, so 2secs before scalpel is comin, pop all ur CDs, dot it up, and start nuking, as he does the scalpel it'll be about 72% or something, and ull all be well into ur nuking rotation! Get the boss to <20% for easier phase3. Even when the boss goes 99% dmg reduc, we'll dps a couple more secs just until the debuff drops off, as even with 99% dmg reduc, he has liek 600% more dmg, so he still takes some dmg.

-phase2 the tank thats reshaped (8th) stacks on monstrosity, melee can start dpsin monstrosity while range kill slims (better that they die 1 by 1 slower than all at same time)

-you should get 2x reshapes in this phase, both need to be dps'd down.. and the interupt will come 2-10secs after they get reshaped, so tell them to always save no1.. their MAIN JOB is to interrupt monstrosity.. then stack.. not stack>interupt. (can also get tank to make sure he helps incase ur raid is bad)

-when monstrosity is around 10-20%, probably as the 2nd reshape is getting out, have ur tank start stacking on the boss so u enter p3 with around 8-10... it all depends on how low u pushed the boss i guess, if its <30%, get the tank to start stacking on boss on the 2nd reshape, just make sure monstrosity dies before a 3rd explosion.

-phase3 u just have to make sure the 2 ppl with the fixate kite AWAY from the raid.. u cant set a marker to go to, cause they spawn at random locations, so ppl gotta think on their feet

Once we did the nuke strat, the fight was cake

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    We tried both strats a lot.. and we found the burn strat to be SO much easier, keepin stacks on boss in p2 and monstrosity is too hard and RNG.

-6th reshape eats 3 pools, leaving 1
    -nuke down the 7th reshape fast (eat 1 pool at 80 energy) then when the scalpel comes nuke the shit out of the boss (having a restro druid helps a lot here).. use blood lust when scalpel is comin in 20secs (as BL lasts like 40secs, helps u get the reshape down fast). If no1 has touched the boss it'll be about 77%, so 2secs before scalpel is comin, pop all ur CDs, dot it up, and start nuking, as he does the scalpel it'll be about 72% or something, and ull all be well into ur nuking rotation! Get the boss to <20% for easier phase3. Even when the boss goes 99% dmg reduc, we'll dps a couple more secs just until the debuff drops off, as even with 99% dmg reduc, he has liek 600% more dmg, so he still takes some dmg.

-phase2 the tank thats reshaped (8th) stacks on monstrosity, melee can start dpsin monstrosity while range kill slims (better that they die 1 by 1 slower than all at same time)

-you should get 2x reshapes in this phase, both need to be dps'd down.. and the interupt will come 2-10secs after they get reshaped, so tell them to always save no1.. their MAIN JOB is to interrupt monstrosity.. then stack.. not stack>interupt. (can also get tank to make sure he helps incase ur raid is bad)

-when monstrosity is around 10-20%, probably as the 2nd reshape is getting out, have ur tank start stacking on the boss so u enter p3 with around 8-10... it all depends on how low u pushed the boss i guess, if its <30%, get the tank to start stacking on boss on the 2nd reshape, just make sure monstrosity dies before a 3rd explosion.

-phase3 u just have to make sure the 2 ppl with the fixate kite AWAY from the raid.. u cant set a marker to go to, cause they spawn at random locations, so ppl gotta think on their feet

Once we did the nuke strat, the fight was cake
    This is exactly the strat my raid does. Are you in my raid......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    This is exactly the strat my raid does. Are you in my raid......
    Cause its a good strat