Deleted

download recount without Winzip?

The only addons I have ever used for WoW was Wowheads' client and the popular recount. The last time I downloaded recount was about more than 2 years ago from curse. And now I thought about trying recount again. But this time Curse requires that I have Winzip to 'unzip' the files, my computer has never had Winzip installed and it is software that I actually have to buy. :/
    Does anyone know a website that I can download recount from that does not require Winzip? I don't even know why I need Winzip, I have downloaded many other things from the internet that doesn't need WinZip.

Deleted
    Either get Curseclient (downloadable at the site, curse.com) or get Winrar trial, which is free

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can download free versions of winzip or you can download the curse client which will automaticly install your addons.

Deleted
    7zip is a free* piece of software that you can use to open compressed archives. I recommend getting it, because at this day and age just about anything you download will come in a compressed archive of some sort. Sooner or later you are going to need something like that for one purpose or another, so you might as well get it instead of trying to go around the issue.

However, if you really don't want to get anything of the sort, you can get the Curse Client and install your Recount directly through there. But honestly (considering you only use one addon to begin with), that would just be going out of your way to skip zip software for the sheer principle.

* Actually free. Not a 30-day trial you can ignore the limits of like WinRar.

Deleted
    Ah thanks, I'll try out the Curse client then.

Just get skada instead I always had problems with recount being inaccurate, use winRar or 7zip like others said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casomir View Post
    The only addons I have ever used for WoW was Wowheads' client and the popular recount. The last time I downloaded recount was about more than 2 years ago from curse. And now I thought about trying recount again. But this time Curse requires that I have Winzip to 'unzip' the files, my computer has never had Winzip installed and it is software that I actually have to buy. :/
    Does anyone know a website that I can download recount from that does not require Winzip? I don't even know why I need Winzip, I have downloaded many other things from the internet that doesn't need WinZip.
    Your old computer had Curse client, which is an installer program it unzips for you and installs for you, just re-install that.
    Since you have been gone Curse client updated 3 or more times and is on a totally new version.

Alternatively you can install winrar, or a .jar archiver.
    But then you would have to install your addons manually, id just install curse if it was me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use winrar...

It keeps telling me that my evaluation period is over and i need to pay for it...it's like a puppy doing those cute eyes at you begging for something..i just have to look away when i close the message:S

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are 4 things you can do to solve your problem

• Uninstall Winzip. That program is terrible and outdated. The default zip software/program that comes with windows will be able to open that without need of 3rd party software
    • Get 7zip. It is free and far better than Winzip or even Winrar for that matter
    • Get Curse Client. Free program just requires creation of a username/password and it will update your current addons if possible.
    • Get the never-ending-free-trial of Winrar. It would also work for you.

The Curse Client is certainly the way to go, but if you prefer to install your addons manually then you don't necessarily need WinZip. Depending on your version of Windows zip file handling is done by Windows Explorer natively. If your version of Windows doesn't support it, or you don't run Windows, then I recommend 7zip as others have suggested.