Trinket Options, really confused!

I currently play Demonology for Dungeons/Raids and Destruction for questing, I have Relic of Yu'lon and Light of the Cosmos equipped but have now got Essence of Terror, I originally tried Essence of terror with Relic of Yu'Lon but actually found my DPS to drop, is this expected? I tried to stay at 4717 haste so had to reforge away from Mastery to keep this when I changed to Essence of terror (I've now gone back to Light of the cosmos and reforged back)

I also have enough valor points to get either Blossom of Pure Snow or Shock-Charger Medallion, would either of those be better?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vikur/advanced

Thanks for any help you can give!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

use search bro.

Infracted for spam
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-28 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    essence of terror and relic is afaik your best choices as demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    I currently play Demonology for Dungeons/Raids and Destruction for questing, I have Relic of Yu'lon and Light of the Cosmos equipped but have now got Essence of Terror, I originally tried Essence of terror with Relic of Yu'Lon but actually found my DPS to drop, is this expected? I tried to stay at 4717 haste so had to reforge away from Mastery to keep this when I changed to Essence of terror (I've now gone back to Light of the cosmos and reforged back)

I also have enough valor points to get either Blossom of Pure Snow or Shock-Charger Medallion, would either of those be better?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vikur/advanced

Thanks for any help you can give!
    EoT, LotC and Relic are the three best trinkets you could have available. The thing that makes EoT great is that it's a WHOLE lot of haste to get, unfortunately it doesn't always trigger fast enough to make utmost use of it. When it works on time and you can use it in your opener it's a brilliant trinket, if you miss out on using it correctly it's probably worse then having the other 2. I would certainly stick to the trinkets you have now, and look into upgrading them with the valor you have instead of using that valor on the rep trinkets. They aren't as good as what you have.

I was wondering same thing for my warlock. I got LotC HC yesterday now I'm between RoY U2 and EoT U2. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    I was wondering same thing for my warlock. I got LotC HC yesterday now I'm between RoY U2 and EoT U2. Any thoughts?
    Check out this site; http://wowupgrade.com/

Deleted
    Relic of Yu'lon and and Blossom of Pure Snow or Shock-Charger Medallion are BiS for you.

If you would be able to get Light of the Cosmos HC you could change it with Relic.

Deleted
    this might be offtopic but is cosmos lfr better than essence lfr for destruction,with yu'lon as second trinket?

thanks for the advice guys, it's interesting to see Xskarma saying stick with what I have and Kandalanu saying keep RoY and get either BoPS or SCM, hmmm decisions decisions lol

And as always, thanks for your help, much appreciated
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    thanks for the advice guys, it's interesting to see Xskarma saying stick with what I have and Kandalanu saying keep RoY and get either BoPS or SCM, hmmm decisions decisions lol

And as always, thanks for your help, much appreciated
    I think kandalanu is banking on the fact it's an on use effect that you can easily pop at just the right time in conjunction with other cooldowns (DS mainly). That might be true in some circumstances, but on the whole there is more stat benefit from the trinkets you allready have. Someone better versed in Demo should probably weigh in on if the worse-but-on-use trinkets are indeed better then the theoretical better trinkets. I know zinnin (author of the Demo sticky guide) uses (or has used) a blue heroic on-use trinket at times for good results, so there's a some precedent for it at least.

yeh if any Demo experts could help I'd appreciate it, also, If I refresh doom with say 20 seconds to go, with Pandemic it adds to the duration, do I loose that extra tick my 3036 haste gives me? do I only get the extra tick if it goes for the full duration and then drops off?
    Warlock