Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Aye pretty bored, can't stand to logg into my chars for now. Don't know what it is but capping arena on my main just for 1 or 2 upgrades..isn't really motivating me to arena atm. Plus having to wait 4 weeks to be competive on my alts ( note: i only do random bgs / arenas on my alts and even that sucks with a blue dungeon weapon) isn't someting i like to do. I got almost every faction at exalted but i can't seem to get my head straight to do the august celestial.

Seeing the PTR changes to my new class( hunter) it is almost 0 to none...:/ ( And by this i mean MM) Sure we get a nice touch to our BM spec but, whats fun in playing an all round burst class for the wholl expansion? Don't get me wrong BM is a nice spec but i just pref MM over it caus...it has bin THE PvP spec for hunters..like for ever

Meh maybe 5.2 will bring me back, for now i stopped logging in

Deleted
    i haven't PvE'ed since WOTLK, PvP in mop is alot better than Cata and theres a shit load of other things to do.

Deleted
    The only problem I have with MoP are the elder charm coins, the way I like to play is to log in 5 minutes before raid -> raid for 4 hours -> logout 5 mins after the raid. This is how much of my time I want to devote to play WoW. I am in heroic progression raiding guild so having no coins is terrible for me

Quote Originally Posted by Synteximus View Post
    The only problem I have with MoP are the elder charm coins, the way I like to play is to log in 5 minutes before raid -> raid for 4 hours -> logout 5 mins after the raid. This is how much of my time I want to devote to play WoW. I am in heroic progression raiding guild so having no coins is terrible for me
    That is a choice you make then. They aren't mandatory by any means, but if you want to be competitive you should expect to put in the extra effort.

And to OP no, anyone who enjoys WoW's endgame will never fully get bored with the game. If you play the game to get gear or casually pvp etc, then I would understand, but I truly enjoy raiding and have made quite a few long-lasting friends in the guild I run.
    No matter what happens, I will always play it - even if its less than other games.
    To say you are bored with it, means you never enjoyed it in the first place, or simply have played it so much you are burning out.
    It is entirely healthy to take breaks and have a lapse in interest in the game, but if you don't have a commitment to progression raiding or serious PvP then this likely isn't a game you should worry to much about either way.

Deleted
    Coins didn't exist in cata anyway, so no loss not having them, gear will come in either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I've really enjoyed MoP so far in terms of gameplay but it has a major problem; its the second expansion in a row that doesn't feel important. In BC we had a drive to go through the Dark Portal and find the Alliance Expedition/Orc homeland and hunt down Illidan. In WotLK we were bringing justice to Arthas come hell or high snow. Then in Cata, things were less clear. Ragnaros/Naga/Cultists/Nazi Goblins/Deathwing...wtf is going on? Now again in Pandaria, im sorta fighting the Sha, sorta fighting the Mogu and sorta fighting the horde/trying to overthrow Garrosh?

Please give me some Burning Legion to kill because I'm really looking forward to an expansion that has a clear focus again.

game feels like a job TBH now more than ever.

there is no real choice and freedom to get to that end game recipts / gear the way you want without doing any dailies.
    and since you earn so little every quest it fills your week .

who doesnt want 3 extra loots a week? it costs 90 charms => you earn 2 per quest => you need 45 quests a week to get that => 6.4 a day => thats visiting 2 quest hubs a day.
    upgrades or vendor valor gear ? cheapest gear costs 1250 , 4 ilvls upgrade costs 750 and with a cap of 1000 it will take you 2 weeks to get an item and if you upgrade it will tax you an additional week,

you dont want to do dailies? you would still have to do a random each day and do all the 5 LFRs per week to get to that cap....and if you want to cap during one day , blizz will tax you for 50% of your valor earned per raid/dungeon a day so you would prefer doing it the next day for its full valor reward.

now lets say you want to level up an alt...and gear it up etc...thats a real full time job plus extra hours...what a way to fill in your time...

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    I've really enjoyed MoP so far in terms of gameplay but it has a major problem; its the second expansion in a row that doesn't feel important. In BC we had a drive to go through the Dark Portal and find the Alliance Expedition/Orc homeland and hunt down Illidan. In WotLK we were bringing justice to Arthas come hell or high snow. Then in Cata, things were less clear. Ragnaros/Naga/Cultists/Nazi Goblins/Deathwing...wtf is going on? Now again in Pandaria, im sorta fighting the Sha, sorta fighting the Mogu and sorta fighting the horde/trying to overthrow Garrosh?

Please give me some Burning Legion to kill because I'm really looking forward to an expansion that has a clear focus again.
    cata was the last valid story behind an xpac, i played WC 1,2,2x,3,3x and i know who DW is and he does deserve his spot as an xpac last boss,
    pandaria is the weakest story yet behind an xpac, nothing is realy that important there, if we havnt stepped on that island the SHA would have never came to be, the mogu are important as outland's Gronns = nothing more than old mobs no realy story there...
    the rest is filled with talking fish , talking monkeys , lots of farm chores , rodents , rabbits, stupid beer creatures...just a waste of time.

the war between the horde and the ali? we dont realy care...there is no victorious ever since 1994 with WC1...so why would it have one now?
    and there can never be one or the game as we know it will lose one of its core attraction. just another wate your time story.

the legendary quest? a shame in its full glory...you are sent to kill PVP leaders? win some PVP BGs? also a boring story....

My thought process when quitting usually evolves around these lines:

1. Game is entertaining, and I have enough things I want to do in game to keep me occupied for ~20+ hours a week.
    2. As I approach my character progression goals, the game is no longer interesting enough to play 20+ hours a week.
    3. I could try becoming super casual and logging in only 1-2 times a week... but if the game's not good enough to invest a significant amount of time playing, why bother logging in at all?
    4. Unsubscribe.

The length of this cycle varies each time.

Not bored yet. Check back in a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya im starting to feel a little bored of questing through mop

Not really as I reduced my playtime significantly since content clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bored of MoP? No. Definitely not.
    Bored of WoW? Yes, it starts getting old.
    To me, it's only because of MoP is everything but boring is the only reason I still play. But on a much different pace and motivation. I cannot get assed into raiding anymore. One can only chase gear for so long, and replace it again so often, until one starts to ask oneself, am I insane or what? All that time, all that effort just to throw it away again after a while and start the whole spiel over again, til the next replacement cycle?

I log in now to do exactly what I wanna do and feel like it now. I gear up to the point where I can go through quests without having to die. And when I feel like taking a break just now, because I feel like watching a movie or a tv show while laying on the couch is a lot more enjoyable than running through any instance for the x-thousands time (since essentially it's essentially always the same thing anyway, with only variable mechanics), then I do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    cata was the last valid story behind an xpac, i played WC 1,2,2x,3,3x and i know who DW is and he does deserve his spot as an xpac last boss,
    pandaria is the weakest story yet behind an xpac, nothing is realy that important there, if we havnt stepped on that island the SHA would have never came to be, the mogu are important as outland's Gronns = nothing more than old mobs no realy story there...
    the rest is filled with talking fish , talking monkeys , lots of farm chores , rodents , rabbits, stupid beer creatures...just a waste of time.

the war between the horde and the ali? we dont realy care...there is no victorious ever since 1994 with WC1...so why would it have one now?
    and there can never be one or the game as we know it will lose one of its core attraction. just another wate your time story.

the legendary quest? a shame in its full glory...you are sent to kill PVP leaders? win some PVP BGs? also a boring story....
    Sorry but WHAT?

Pandarias story is right there as one of the best i've had in wow and the presentation of the story is _far_ better than any wow expac to date. If you don't like the story fair enough. The Gronns had a fairly good story if you did the quests while the mogu have a GREAT story that culminates into a HUGE raid and oh yeh they already have a raid detailing some history along with a dungeon thats more than the gronn.

Talking fish talking monkeys, so we have talking space goats talking cows gnomes goblins wear wolves but no tehy are not silly only the fish and monkeys right..... I don't do the farm dailies didn't interest me.

No victorious side since wc1? Laughable, You do know the alliance lost the 1st war where stormwind was raised won the 2nd war and went to outland and then the 3rd war hit where we all survived? You really should not lie about these points after claiming to have played all the games.

The legendary quest line is imo the best one they've done presentation wise. I have only done TBC and pre tbc legendary quests on my characters (helped a guildie in wrath get valnyr) it certainly isnt a weak story behind this quest and yes you have to do some pvp its a TINY part in the entire chain and so far its been brilliant.

Try PvP? Taking a break can do wonders, I took a break from D3 and Skyrim and when I try them again they're fun for a while etc. It's harder to do with WoW because of the subscription fee though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I enjoy playing the game, but what's making me lose my drive is that I've done LFR every week, with the three bonus rolls, and have only seen 1 piece of gear, and it's really making me want to quit. I know it's just RNG but I'm fed up.

Deleted
    MoP feels boring for you? Well, there is a simple answer to this: you are burned out. Take a break from the game, test something else and come back if there are new contents. If it doesn't help, buy Sim City and quit WoW for a while. Playing since vanilla and during every xpac since WotLK I take a break of at least 4 months. Note that I quit raiding in a guild - LFR and dailies are "my" content since Cata.

I had to take a forced stop, and i felt like i was never returning.

Anyway in the end i just needed a change of server/guild to enjoy more the expansion - for me PvP has zero value so i've gone to a pve server. Maybe some people just need a more relaxed enviroment.

Now i'm enjoying the expansion much more, leveling two alts together (one questing, and a healer with lfg) and i can do the eternal vale dailies in like 15 minutes instead of hours XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I'm not bored of the game, I'm only bored because I have no friends as such to play with. They all stopped long time ago.

I was burned out at the start with the large amounts of dailies which was difficult when I had to farm dungeons for gear as well but since i main changed to Monk, I have been enjoying it a lot more. I think that is partly because I am playing a class that is new and fresh but I have also spent a lot of time in old content with guildies farming pets and old achievements and transmog gear so I am holding in there but raid content feels a bit dull tbh.