RBG Wintrades Running Rampant - Any hope for 5.2?

So as the title suggests, any thoughts on wintrading in 5.2? As posted on AJ, Blizz has started to take a more serious look at wintrading, but it seems they're still missing quite a few that seem rather obvious.

I'm talking about those people that got 2400 in RBGs 1 day after hitting 1000 in RBGs and then proceeded to get their "win 25 rated battlegrounds" achievement about 4 days later. The same people sitting on 2600 RBG rating that I see in trade every day looking for someone to carry them to their 1550 achievement in 2s because apparently that free T2 they were given wasn't enough for them to hit the easiest arena "marker" in the game.

Obviously this will have affected this season far more than it will affect season 13 due to the changes to the way gear works, but running into bads with t2 at 1700 ratings was rather stupid this season.

I guess what I'm really asking is can we expect season 13 to be more of the same in this respect (people will still wintrade for the higher cap for earlier elite gear)for both RBGs and Arena or do you think blizz will start to drop the banhammer more justly, forcing those who have no business in that level of PvP to have to learn (or just have deep pockets I guess)?

TL;DR: In your opinion will season 13 still be heavy with wintrades or do you think Blizz will take some more steps towards reducing it farther than previously?

I dont think so. I mean other then the achievs, what will be the point? I see alot of people wintrading so they can get their t2 and have an advantage over others gear wise/ get their elite set for bragging rights. With the gear changes next patch I really see this dropping the number of people interested in actually paying for it, in turn reducing the people that would actually do it because it doesnt have the same lvl of income.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    If let's say you need a 1550 rating for a cool mount or a cool tabard, then yes ofc there will be win trading. If let's say the new enchant needs a 1550 rating then ofc there will be win trading. It is all about the rewards that come with it. Let's take a look at the tabard in wotlk. How many do you see with the furious tabard? None? Maybe 5 per realm? ( I mean actualy seeing them) Relentles one, how many do you see of those? Also not as many. Now let's take a look at the wrathfull one. I see this one quiet a few and i think the most common one of the 3. That said i don't think everyone with this tabard has earned it " legit ". As i said it is all about the reward that comes with it.

This effects so few of th ppl that do RBGs. Ppl tend to make a big deal over it but unless you are trying for the title/achievement for the top ranked tea then this doesn't really change anything you are doing beyond giving you or afew other teams a free win after the team auto quits when it gets you rather then the team it is trading with.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

wintrading is dead in 5.2
    you can grind your way to t2 weapons without any rating requirements this change should have a big impact on wintrading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    wintrading is dead in 5.2
    you can grind your way to t2 weapons without any rating requirements this change should have a big impact on wintrading.
    There is still great incentive to wintrade for higher CP caps. The faster you gain 27k CP, the faster you will be able to obtain elite gear (which will now have a stat difference), hence being able to gain a big advantage in gear.

Wintrading have caused huge inflation in RBG rating. In order to fix the ladders not only should wintrading be penalized, but all mmr above 2.2k should also be reset down to 2.2k.

the trick allowing people to wintrade w/o losing mmr on their turn to lose was hotfixed about a week ago. until a new method is developed its dead.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Win trading will never die.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur View Post
    the trick allowing people to wintrade w/o losing mmr on their turn to lose was hotfixed about a week ago. until a new method is developed its dead.
    it was only fixed on US. it still works on EU.

People still win trade they just don't gain or lose points they just get there weekly cap.