View Poll Results: Do you care about transmog?

Voters
469. This poll is closed
  • Yes

351 74.84%
  • No

49 10.45%
  • I like transmog but I don't farm for it.

69 14.71%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you actually care about transmog?

I've recently stepped down as GM of my guild. I've always tried to get a matching set of anything or just try to keep my old tier (sadly before transmog I ended up sharding most to make room in my bank).

Now my question is twofold. Do you care about transmogging your gear? And do you feel transmogging would help recruitment to your guild (be it in a small way)?

I for one always wanted to look good from a PR PoV. I mean the leader must look good right? I think the leader of a guild should care about the way he looks cause he sets the standard of the guild. Ofcourse the leader also should have impeccable gear by means of gemming/enchanting/reforging. But this thread isn't about that.

Since transmogging was an option, I've been trying to collect a lot of sets and weapons. But it seems that in my guild I am the only one. Well there are 1 or 2 who have bothered with transmog but usually just one set of gear. They just cba getting weapons either.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a touchy subject. Is it vain to care about your appearance? What about when you want to be a banner-bearer for your guild? What about when you need to be a banner-bearer for your guild?
    Which die-hard gosu look-at-me-I-top-the-DPS-meters-as-a-healer player will step forward and grit through his teeth that only numbers matter and nothing else?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I haven't use the feature up untill now... but because it is there i am interested in getting some cool looking sets. Just in case....

Deleted
    Looking good feeling good.

Of course I care. Do you know of any hero or villain in any story (game, movie, book, or otherwise) that had mis-matching gear? No! They all matched, they all looked fabulous.

So I shall look fabulous as well. Within reason. You'll notice that my current set doesn't entirely match. That's because the items I need in order to fully match (gloves and boots) are from the VP vendors, and I'd much rather be spending my VP on item upgrades.

But in 5.2... Oh boy. I'll be buying the crap out of those gloves and boots. I must be fabulous!

Nope, the only items I've ever cared about I can't get (Tier3 Druid), if I was able to get the hole set Id transmog it. To me Tier3 druid is everything wow is about...its very emotional to me.

Oh and Vael's shield from BWL to my paladin alt Im hoping I'll get at some point. But besides that then not really. Ash khandi, and other good looking weapons would be a bonus trough.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't do old sets, I try to get holy plate peices that match my tier set as ret since dps plate doesnt match.

Weapon stays the same too pretty much. Whats the point of getting new gear if you're not going to show it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Of course I care. Do you know of any hero or villain in any story (game, movie, book, or otherwise) that had mis-matching gear? No! They all matched, they all looked fabulous.

So I shall look fabulous as well. Within reason. You'll notice that my current set doesn't entirely match. That's because the items I need in order to fully match (gloves and boots) are from the VP vendors, and I'd much rather be spending my VP on item upgrades.

But in 5.2... Oh boy. I'll be buying the crap out of those gloves and boots. I must be fabulous!
    Fabulooooooooous!!!! /waves hand in a feminine way

I care about my transmog sets, and I do get a little bothered when someone shows up to raid wearing mismatched gear, especially if some pieces are transmogged and others are not. One example is our rogue. He has xmogged his shoulders, helm, pants, and legs to some old red rogue set, but his boots, chest, and gloves are untransmogged and different colors from the rest of the armor. And his cape doesn't match, as well as his tabard. It just irks me, because I like the sets to match, or at least flow nicely.

Yes, I do because everything Blizzard releases nowadays (IMO anyways) is just not not very nice looking, so that's where transmog comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    I don't do old sets, I try to get holy plate peices that match my tier set as ret since dps plate doesnt match.

Weapon stays the same too pretty much. Whats the point of getting new gear if you're not going to show it off?
    Well sometimes you get gear that you absolutely hate. I for one, didn't like tier 8 at all. Or the bananaman suit (tier 1). So if transmog had existed then, I def. wouldn't have been wearing it. Same for tier 12, hated it. AQ40, damn... what were they smoking back then. Logically everything had an insectiod-look but it was horrid. Why would you wear that if you have transmog that makes you look good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from when leveling, I do my fullest to make my characters look awesome. Hell, while leveling it happens that I use inferior shoulderpads/helmets because they look better. Appearance is everything! (Note: I don't raid, so stats doesn't matter to me)

However, I don't think having a sweet transmog is a must for a GM. For someone in such a position it's more about leadership skills and having the best gems/enchants available to set a standard for the rest. But if someone transmogs into something that is utterly crap-looking I probably will prematurely judge that person. Actually, I tend to do the same in real life, huh. Whaddya know.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I've noticed that most of my guilds main raiders are using some kind of transmog sets, and most of them seem to prefer pre-cata sets, rather than cata or MoP ones, and I'm the same with that. T6/ICC's set, and the Ulduar one are my picks, with weapons and other accesories matched with the set.

I do like to have it and got myself some nice pieces of gear that I use for a Darkspear warrior look. But I don't care for farming much for transmog, yesterday I even got rid of random weapons I had collected since I knew I wouldn't use plenty of them now that I found an awesome look for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    I care about my transmog sets, and I do get a little bothered when someone shows up to raid wearing mismatched gear, especially if some pieces are transmogged and others are not. One example is our rogue. He has xmogged his shoulders, helm, pants, and legs to some old red rogue set, but his boots, chest, and gloves are untransmogged and different colors from the rest of the armor. And his cape doesn't match, as well as his tabard. It just irks me, because I like the sets to match, or at least flow nicely.
    Yes yes a 1000x this!^

I just see that so many times a day and also in my guild. When I didn't have a complete set of anything or was going to replace a few pieces very quickly (during leveling etc) I didn't bother with transmog at all. So then everything looks horrid, but since 5 man heroics, I transmog everything. And it needs to be perfect. If no matching tabard can be found, I am not wearing one etc. Same for the cloak, I just don't show it until I have one that does match.

And just to be clear: I am not gay (or still in the closet ).

Less and less. I used to change my mog every 3-4 weeks during DS, because i think that Hunter T13 was one of the ugliest tiers ever made. The current one is ugly as well so i mog my shoulders and hide my head, but keep the rest that is black as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yes yes a 1000x this!^

I just see that so many times a day and also in my guild. When I didn't have a complete set of anything or was going to replace a few pieces very quickly (during leveling etc) I didn't bother with transmog at all. So then everything looks horrid, but since 5 man heroics, I transmog everything. And it needs to be perfect. If no matching tabard can be found, I am not wearing one etc. Same for the cloak, I just don't show it until I have one that does match.

And just to be clear: I am not gay (or still in the closet ).
    We're all fabulous here.

/grunt
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    However, I don't think having a sweet transmog is a must for a GM. For someone in such a position it's more about leadership skills and having the best gems/enchants available to set a standard for the rest. But if someone transmogs into something that is utterly crap-looking I probably will prematurely judge that person. Actually, I tend to do the same in real life, huh. Whaddya know.
    I think leadership skills etc are ofcourse a must to be succesful in anything guildrelated. But as you said, you do (atleast some people do) judge someone by his appearance. If by chance you end up applying to some guild and you see the GM wearing stuff that makes your eyes bleed - perhaps you would not join that guild if you had another offer by a guildmaster who took really good care about his/her appearance.

Again appearance means nothing in terms of being successful in a raidguild ofcourse. But I think it is a plus if your GM or even the members of that guild, make themselves look better.

I'm absolutely in love with transmog, particularly because a lot of the base appearance of the gear I have right now is heinously ugly, and there is a lot you can do with the items in the game. I'm a bit focused though. I've spent the last month or so in old raids trying to set up just one set, nothing else. Still, I love the addition, it makes a world of difference.

I care about transmogging a lot, have multiple sets for my main in different colours (Mostly Vanilla or BC items since grey and brown are the only colours of warrior-gear since Wrath hit), sometimes it's a bit of a chore to find matching items, but the end-result is usually worth it, wouldn't mind Blizz releasing some new gear with actual colours on it, since the Clownsuit effect can be countered by transmogging anyway...