Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I like Righteousness change. 4 is a sweet number to change seals. Not too sure about Justice yet till I see opinions from some of our more experienced ret.
    I fear that even 50% total from SoJ (10% a stack) would be too much, but something like 25% would feel like too little. The problem is that a Crit TV during cooldowns could just be 5.0 TFB Heroic Strikes and will get us nerfed into the ground. Expect GC to say exactly how much in the next couple hours, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    They gave it to us from what Rogues hated and they realized it was shit.
    You mean SnD which 2/3 of our spec still have to keep up? And btw the other spec, assassination, has an even more annoying buff to keep up, envenom, which is the same damn thing in that it increases your passive damage.

Assassination had auto refreshed SnD since WotLK which was before your holy power system... Also they gave you guys self stacking combo points which rogues had wanted since forever. Ret certainly isn't in a great place, but they aren't the only one with really dumb mechanics. I do agree with you that it seems they picked out the best of the best ideas for WW and ditched the flaws of the other combo-point-esque style specs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You mean SnD which 2/3 of our spec still have to keep up? And btw the other spec, assassination, has an even more annoying buff to keep up, envenom, which is the same damn thing in that it increases your passive damage.

Assassination had auto refreshed SnD since WotLK which was before your holy power system... Also they gave you guys self stacking combo points which rogues had wanted since forever. Ret certainly isn't in a great place, but they aren't the only one with really dumb mechanics. I do agree with you that it seems they picked out the best of the best ideas for WW and ditched the flaws of the other combo-point-esque style specs.
    Yeah but lets face it. The more of something you have to design, the more difficult it is to come up with totally different ideas. If you design 3 cars with the goal to make them as unique as possible the variation between the each of them will be much bigger as if you were to come up with 33 ideas. But I totally agree with you, this is not really a ret specific problem. Its actually true for most of the specs.

30 sec burst 100%cc'd burst wasted wait 3min for next burst... no u wont wait cuz u will have lost alrdy... or u can start the burst and get cc'd again...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    30 sec burst 100%cc'd burst wasted wait 3min for next burst... no u wont wait cuz u will have lost alrdy... or u can start the burst and get cc'd again...
    That happens to any class that pops cooldowns. Happens to warriors, happens to Frost DK's, happens to Ret, happens to boomkins... etc.
    Some classes just have strong sustained pressure also, which is what Ret doesn't have.

Ret PvP was decent last season, There were very few rets over 2550 last season in the US, Vanguards and I (Fisten)

I completely stopped playing ret this season, we have no CC. Hodge simply isnt enough, a BLIND that you cant use effectively, its not ranged... you are trying to kill something, blind is next on the cc chain, let me woddle my way over to the healer to blind him while getting trained... Or lets spec repen NOT. your getting nuked as a ret in 3v3. Casting a repen just doesn't work. For holy 90% of the time they can get Repens off because they arent getting Trained to the ground..

So With Just Hodge being the only Real CC for a CC chain to land kills. Its just horrible.

Everyone talks about burst, burst what? 1800 teams maybe .. Any good player over 2400 will cc your brains out during your "burst".

So when you get 3 Holy power, Instead of using a tv on your kill target during your cooldowns, your Wogging yourself to stay alive. 2 mins later you bubble .. then you die.

That is why I switched to Holy this season on all my pallys. And believe me I didnt want to do it. Its just something that had to happen.

And the funny thing is, No one talks about it, no real changes to rets at all in 5.2. Im not sure how ret is doing in PvE, but im sure they are doing fine, because the pvp change doesnt exisit in 5.2.

I actually came here today to read what some of you had to say, I haven't really used the forum in a long time. But Im really surprised that no one is really raging over RET PVP.

Cheers guys

Fisten

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret was actually in a better spot in the past, I would say. Even on a long CD, repent was instant. We had HoJ. Now all we really have is Improved HoJ.
    We are all pretty irked about Ret PvP, throughout all of the threads that have been opened since 5.2 PTR launched.
    Honestly, mechanics like Last Word and the old Sacred Shield from Cata were perfect ideas. Not sure why they got taken out with only one compensation... WoG CD removal. I remember being so happy seeing that they took the CD off. Too bad they NEUTERED it's healing. Even with PvP Power buffs to hybrids in 5.2, its healing will still be insanely lackluster. Ret will be slightly better than last season, but most teams are just flat out making a bad decision in using them, especially with the rise of Rogues, Unholy, and Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by zlutzor View Post
    Ret PvP was decent last season, There were very few rets over 2550 last season in the US, Vanguards and I (Fisten)

I completely stopped playing ret this season, we have no CC. Hodge simply isnt enough, a BLIND that you cant use effectively, its not ranged... you are trying to kill something, blind is next on the cc chain, let me woddle my way over to the healer to blind him while getting trained... Or lets spec repen NOT. your getting nuked as a ret in 3v3. Casting a repen just doesn't work. For holy 90% of the time they can get Repens off because they arent getting Trained to the ground..

So With Just Hodge being the only Real CC for a CC chain to land kills. Its just horrible.

Everyone talks about burst, burst what? 1800 teams maybe .. Any good player over 2400 will cc your brains out during your "burst".

So when you get 3 Holy power, Instead of using a tv on your kill target during your cooldowns, your Wogging yourself to stay alive. 2 mins later you bubble .. then you die.

That is why I switched to Holy this season on all my pallys. And believe me I didnt want to do it. Its just something that had to happen.

And the funny thing is, No one talks about it, no real changes to rets at all in 5.2. Im not sure how ret is doing in PvE, but im sure they are doing fine, because the pvp change doesnt exisit in 5.2.

I actually came here today to read what some of you had to say, I haven't really used the forum in a long time. But Im really surprised that no one is really raging over RET PVP.

Cheers guys

Fisten
    We have been raging our brains out, however, about a week ago Ret changes started happening on the PTR so we calmed down a bit, and so the main PvP rage posts haven't been bumped in the last few days, but trust me, a week ago half the posts on the first pare were PvP concerns. Also, we made so many threads that they started getting locked. The rage will come back soon however, since all of the changes on the current PTR are mediocre at best. Blizzard is currently working on Ret changes, but so far they have revealed nothing exciting enough to prevent a new rage storm very soon.

Also, yes, Ret CC is a complete jpke. Sadly, while some of our issues are getting looked at, Blizzard has made no acknowledgement of our pathetic CC.

15+ Year Old Account
    same reason why players play the same 3-4 characters in online fighting games when the game has 20-50 characters..... gamers only care to win instead of playing.

Funny part it, there are Ret's out there that will wreck a shadow priest or arms warrior all night long, yet no one will give them the time of day because of what they are.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    same reason why players play the same 3-4 characters in online fighting games when the game has 20-50 characters..... gamers only care to win instead of playing.

Funny part it, there are Ret's out there that will wreck a shadow priest or arms warrior all night long, yet no one will give them the time of day because of what they are.
    But there are also people like Vanguards who are starting to drift away from the spec. Also.. 1v1 doesn't mean anything. Ret can 1v1 fairly well because most CC chains require two classes. For instance, 1v1 a Spriest and you trinket his fear bomb and the rest of his fears are on DR and you get to go ham with CD's. This doesn't mean Ret is a better spec for competitive play, so it doesn't matter if a Ret can wreck people in 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rets aren't all bad! You guys are arena gods!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    We have been raging our brains out, however, about a week ago Ret changes started happening on the PTR so we calmed down a bit, and so the main PvP rage posts haven't been bumped in the last few days, but trust me, a week ago half the posts on the first pare were PvP concerns. Also, we made so many threads that they started getting locked. The rage will come back soon however, since all of the changes on the current PTR are mediocre at best. Blizzard is currently working on Ret changes, but so far they have revealed nothing exciting enough to prevent a new rage storm very soon.

Also, yes, Ret CC is a complete jpke. Sadly, while some of our issues are getting looked at, Blizzard has made no acknowledgement of our pathetic CC.
    rets will never ever be good without cc. maybe to 2200 if ur playing with a op comp that needs nerf like warrior 5.0.

but like i said.. we need repen again or some sort of ranged cc, a hodge isnt enough especially because u can dispell it.. joke.

so going on ptr and ret damage is good proofs nothing, really.. nothing.

because good players will cc u out of it.