Heroic Lei Shi Healing Tips?

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anybody here had some tips for healing 10man Heroic Lei Shi as a Disc Priest. In particular I'm curious about how you would heal the Get Aways, particularly in considering that any Spirit Shell preparation only has 50% chance of actually landing on a Get Away.

Our healing composition is Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, and Disc/Holy Priest. Although we are going to try 2-healing it with a third tank gathering stacks up to 20.

While I am, of course, interested to hear everybody's opinion, I am mostly interested in hearing the opinions of priests who have actually killed this fight. You understand.

Thanks

Get Away is predictable when it's the last special in a set, so you can use Spirit Shell then. Otherwise, just blanket the raid in DA. Then use Cascade/ProM/glyphed Penance/glyphed Holy Fire/PW:S for raid healing during Get Away.

Thanks for the fast response! Do you think you could reiterate what you mean when you say: "Get Away is predictable when it's the last special in a set". Does this mean that Get Away will always occur after a Hide? I've certainly noticed occasions in which there are two Hides in a row, or two Get Aways in a row.

In theory Hide/Get Away is random, in practice most times you'll have Get Away after a hide, or the other way round. I usually just spirit shell the first special ability and then re-use it on cd.
    Normally you should always have someone stacking the debuff on the boss during any special phase, so don't forget that smiting is very good when the boss is debuffed, so penance/holy fire on cooldown, and then fill in with pom/cascade or divine star if you raid is good at staying packed (which it should be for heroic lei shi).

Just as a side note, I'm using big wigs, and it seems like the first special timer is on target and then the specials start coming at around 5-7 seconds after the big wigs timer.

If boss isn't going to reach a 80/60/40/20% before the next special,
    (
    If spirit shell is up, pop SS 15 sec before the special and blanked raid with PoH.
    Else stack aegis with PoH, up to you when to start depending on your mana/reaching aegis cap.
    )
    else
    (
    Wait for the threshold and protector spawn, and do the above but timed such that the protector dies and the special goes off when you have most aegis/SS stacked.
    )

In 25m, we put the two maintanks (we have a 3rd dps monk tank a little at the end, but in another group) and the three fog stackers in the same group. I pretty much just spam PoH on that group nonstop, apart from stacking SS/DA on the raid before each special.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladface View Post
    Thanks for the fast response! Do you think you could reiterate what you mean when you say: "Get Away is predictable when it's the last special in a set". Does this mean that Get Away will always occur after a Hide? I've certainly noticed occasions in which there are two Hides in a row, or two Get Aways in a row.
    My understanding is that protectors spawn at 80/60/40/20 and special sets consisting of one Hide and one Get Away happen on the timer (but not during protector spawns). So the first timed special will be either Hide or Get Away, the second will be whichever didn't occur first, the third will be either Hide or Get Away, the fourth will be whichever didn't occur third, etc. So the second special in each set of two timed specials is predictable because it's whatever the first one wasn't.

It's entirely possible that I'm totally wrong, of course, but the fight seems to follow this pattern when I do it.
    Last edited by Maleric; 2013-01-29 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted
    I saved Spirit shell for protectors spawn (remember to put fog targets and tanks in the same group).

During get away i started with penance+holy fire on lei shi, PoM, Shield on the fog targets, penance on lei shi, halo (specced for hide, cascade would be much better), renew, penance on lei shi. at this point get away should be over (if not: holy fire and pom should come off cooldown now).

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    My understanding is that protectors spawn at 80/60/40/20 and special sets consisting of one Hide and one Get Away happen on the timer (but not during protector spawns). So the first timed special will be either Hide or Get Away, the second will be whichever didn't occur first, the third will be either Hide or Get Away, the fourth will be whichever didn't occur third, etc. So the second special in each set of two timed specials is predictable because it's whatever the first one wasn't.

It's entirely possible that I'm totally wrong, of course, but the fight seems to follow this pattern when I do it.
    No, both specials appear to be random, I've already had two hides in a row and two get aways in a row, it's just rather rare for some reason. Might have something to do with dps and how many specials fit in between 2 protector phases, or something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    No, both specials appear to be random, I've already had two hides in a row and two get aways in a row, it's just rather rare for some reason. Might have something to do with dps and how many specials fit in between 2 protector phases, or something like that..
    The pattern I posted does not prevent two Hides in a row or two Get Aways in a row. If you get Hide first, for example, you'll get Get Away second, and can then get Get Away third.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    The pattern I posted does not prevent two Hides in a row or two Get Aways in a row. If you get Hide first, for example, you'll get Get Away second, and can then get Get Away third.
    Yes my brain was probably not turned on, this seems to be the correct pattern for Lei Shi's specials.

That's the pattern we've observed as well. Best advice for that is: for the 'first' (ie first, 3rd, 5th, etc., the unpredictable one), if it is Get Away, have one of the other healers use a CD, or else use barrier if nobody else can. If not, you know the next one will be, so go ahead and SS to prep for it.

Alternatively, if you decide to go double disc, just SS every time and you're good.

Previous suggestions are good. If you do go double disc, at least one of you should spec into FDCL, if not both, as you will have plenty of time to smite and having extra instant heals never hurts on that fight. If you find yourselves still having trouble, if possible, bring in an rsham, they make get away much easier to handle as they can alternate HTT and SWG/Ascendance.

Deleted
    My issue with heroic mode is having enough mana to be able blanket the raid with spirit shell or DA (through PoH) for the specials , the heavy healing on tanks during protectors etc. I seem to be more or less oom already around 50%. I normally dont have much mana issues and usually know how to conserve my mana. Its probably from using a lot more PoW: shields than I normally would do in a fight but damage seems to be brutal on soakers/tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm give what help I can, but as Disc, I literally did nothing but smite (besides the first special which I S.Shelled)

With the damage buff, you should be doing a good bit of smiting, 200% is nothing to scoff at, and it makes hitting the enrage much easier (90k HPS with 85k DPS, yea...). I was in charge of healing the 3rd tank, which again, Attonement rocked (300k penances... doesn't get much better than that).

I can't say much for 2 healing. It seems very easy to do, but we three healed. My job was to pull the heavy dps, and help with hides (since no one else could...). I would Halo every hide to find her immediatly, then Mind Sear to help get her out ASAP.

You honestly shouldnt need to blanket SShell/DA the raid except the VERY first special incase it is a Get Away with low stacks. Once you get 7+ stacks, Get Away melts in ~5 seconds or so and you really don't need blanket absorbs, just spot PW:S's on debuff targets.

And yes, her special are "predictable" It is always in pairs. If hide is first, next WILL be Get Away, then the rotation resets and it could be either but the even specials will alway be the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin Dragon Gun, Mark II is good if you don't want to waste a glyph with holy nova, at least in terms of breaking her out. I'd prefer glyphed penance, holy fire, and smite glyphs for this fight.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Spam atonement with damage modifiers, win

Pro tip - If you can get yourself positioned correctly, Halo is actually superior over Cascade and Divine Star on Lei Shi 25.

On Hide, stand in the centre and cast Halo (probably best if used with Inner Will as it doesn't do too much healing on Hide) as your raid will be around the edges of the water trying to find Her - use about 5 seconds before she re-appears.

On Get Away!, I find most of the raid seems to be pushed in one direction, if you move to the left or right, about 25 yards away from the raid and cast Halo, it can do quite a bit of healing. Again, use it towards the end of Get Away! as people's health tends to be lower.

If you can get this right, Halo is better than Cascade for 25.

As for 10, I highly doubt Halo will be any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Positioning, frequency and mana cost make a very strong case for Divine Star for this encounter.