Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There will definitely be rift style invasions by the Burning Legion during that expansion.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so just curious. I have seen a lot of people saying the next xpac will be 90-100. Why is this? Honestly don't know if theres a actual reason or just speculation.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Ok so just curious. I have seen a lot of people saying the next xpac will be 90-100. Why is this? Honestly don't know if theres a actual reason or just speculation.

No idea. I doubt it though :S
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have a feeling that while the legion will surely be the enemies of said expac (whether it's the next one or one further..) the focus will be more on the war between the titans rather than the legion specifically.

Wrathion hints that the universe as we know it has gone to hell. I theorize that the burning legions has caught up to the titans, and they are now embroiled in a war that will change the entire universe. The titans are losing, they've run out of options. Azeroth is one of the last bastions of "light" left in the universe. Azeroth and its denizens have on multiple occasions shown that their "weaknesses" have enabled them to overcome things that even the titans might falter against. The titans return to azeroth, needing our help just as much as we need theirs. We batten down the hatches and prepare for the legions return.

While a lot happens on azeroth, we end up travelling to Argus and a couple other planets.

We also return to the paths of the dead and recruit the lich kings to aid us at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No idea. I doubt it though :S
    Yeah i don't see a reason for Blizz to deviate from the 5 level system. It's just a number
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Also, the legion always has a "gimmick" of sorts, outside of their first invasion I mean. There was the orcs, then there was the undead. If it is indeed a war between the titans, then it would be quite interesting if they got a hold of titan technology and began crafting races...perhaps evil variants of azeroths own races. Afte rbeing defeated by them so many times, creating races that mimic our own and making and army of them...makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I have a feeling that while the legion will surely be the enemies of said expac (whether it's the next one or one further..) the focus will be more on the war between the titans rather than the legion specifically.

Wrathion hints that the universe as we know it has gone to hell. I theorize that the burning legions has caught up to the titans, and they are now embroiled in a war that will change the entire universe. The titans are losing, they've run out of options. Azeroth is one of the last bastions of "light" left in the universe. Azeroth and its denizens have on multiple occasions shown that their "weaknesses" have enabled them to overcome things that even the titans might falter against. The titans return to azeroth, needing our help just as much as we need theirs. We batten down the hatches and prepare for the legions return.

While a lot happens on azeroth, we end up travelling to Argus and a couple other planets.

We also return to the paths of the dead and recruit the lich kings to aid us at some point.
    This is just not going to happen. You are asking Blizzard to use up all trump cards in one expansion? Blizzard is not going slaughter their golden goose like that. They will milk WoW as long as possible. I doubt we will face Sargeras because who are we going to face after that?

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    This is just not going to happen. You are asking Blizzard to use up all trump cards in one expansion? Blizzard is not going slaughter their golden goose like that. They will milk WoW as long as possible. I doubt we will face Sargeras because who are we going to face after that?
    I don't giving a care about what it implies for the money they make, I care about what makes sense, and what makes for a good storyline.

The legion has tried on three occasions to invade, do you really think blizzard could get away with another "normal" legion invasion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't giving a care about what it implies for the money they make, I care about what makes sense, and what makes for a good storyline.

The legion has tried on three occasions to invade, do you really think blizzard could get away with another "normal" legion invasion?

They aren't going to give everything away. They can give a good storyline regardless of what your idea intends. It's over the top.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's over the top.
    I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    I doubt we will face Sargeras because who are we going to face after that?
    Sargeras' Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Sargeras' Mother-in-law.
    Fixed that for you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 03:55 PM ----------

How does 'us being able to beat the Burning Legion even though the Titans themselves could not' make for a good storyline? To me (and I'm sure many others) that sounds quite a bit too farfetched.

Also while *you* don't care about the money they make, *blizz* does. They aren't going to change their whole storyline because of the way the customer feels about how they make money.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-01-28 at 09:56 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    well the power of the aspects is dead so is nightelf immortality and the ancients been battered to dust, alliance and horde is killing each other in mop.... Makes sense to invade and if they located azeroth location trough more then portals and they are using argus as there launch point with kil jaeden in charge well then the only way to stop the invasion is to destroy the source and its on argus.

launch= burning legion leaders as main bosses?

patch content lets call it tides of the deep. the legion strikes a deal with the remaining old gods assaulting emerald dream and azeroth at the same time. Giving you a emerald dream raid/questhub? and also a quest hub/raid by the naga capital. Azhara and http://www.wowwiki.com/Xavius as bosses?

patch number 2: results in the first patch lead to the freedom of nzoth and hes been desperately gathering up the lost ones. New huge questhub in azjol nerub finaly we get to see this kingdom and help the spiders of the kingdom fight of the lost ones and there new old god nzoth. expected raid would be city of Ny'alotha .

patch 3 the forces of azeroth have rallied and its time to take down the burning legion and marking the first invading victory agaist burning legion and making azeroth a bastion of hope agaist the darkness. The fate of the titans and universe is discovered and the army of light is founded to combat the darkness.

10 levels expansion with 2x storylines one being reamped outlands and the other being argus?.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Blizzard won't end WoW on a major patch. It makes no sense.

It'll stagnate for a yearish and then they'll just shut down the servers and do something ridiculous that probably isn't related to the lore at all (Like spawn a shitton of bosses everywhere).
    And I'm not saying they will end it on a major patch.

What I'm saying is that at some point Blizzard in the next 5 or so years Blizzard is going to realize (or be told by their parent company) that it just doesn't make good business sense to commit to yet another expansion for WoW. Because of this, it's best for them to treat each expansion as if it could be the last and wrap up as many story arcs as possible in the mean time. WoW will probably continue to be supported, albeit on an increasingly smaller scale, for at least several years past the last major story addition to the game.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    I think that the legion havn't any specific plan for the moment, their organisation have been severely wounded during the Burning Crusade, also, the Scourge is no longer here to cover their front line.
    In my opinion, we'll have to fight the heart of the legion, and destroy it (Probably in the next expansion ?) : Kil'Jaeden and Sinstralis are the last lieutnants of the legion remaining, they have no more "side" allies on Azeroth (Blood elves etc ...).

Maybe we'll have to go to Argus, and reconquer the land to finally destroy Kil'Jaeden and the legion which is the main force of Sargeras.
    Btw i also imaginated a scenario concerning Hord and Alliance : Garrosh is dead, and hord have a new warchief, so the tensions between Hord and Alliance are eased, and they will fuse in order to fight the legion BUT :

Draeneï wants to recover their lands, but it wouldn't be fair if the Hord couldn't get a part of it after fighting the legion along with the Alliance, and they'll probably want a part of the world.

If the next expansion is a Burning Legion affair, I doubt it will involve fighting demons either on Azeroth or a revamped Outland beyond a pre-launch event. The Azeroth revamp resulted in the much-maligned lack of endgame content in Cata, and they already took a ton of flak in DS for setting a major conflict in an established location. There's not much of the planet's surface left to explore either.

This leads me to suspect that the bulk of the conflict would occur on a planet under Legion occupation which we have not previously visited. However, I also think Argus is an unlikely destination, since that would mean we would be either exterminating or chasing the Legion out of its home base, and I'm just not sure Blizzard is ready to give up the series big bad this soon. Given what we've seen in Pandaria, however, I do think that they have the ability to invest us in the fate of a thus-far-unknown world, or entire host of worlds.

Also assuming that it will be a Legion expansion, I do think we would see some direct involvement by the Titans themselves in the war, though the Pantheon showing up in full force is something I'd only expect for a Sargeras expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I think that the legion havn't any specific plan for the moment, their organisation have been severely wounded during the Burning Crusade, also, the Scourge is no longer here to cover their front line.
    In my opinion, we'll have to fight the heart of the legion, and destroy it (Probably in the next expansion ?) : Kil'Jaeden and Sinstralis are the last lieutnants of the legion remaining, they have no more "side" allies on Azeroth (Blood elves etc ...).

Maybe we'll have to go to Argus, and reconquer the land to finally destroy Kil'Jaeden and the legion which is the main force of Sargeras.
    Btw i also imaginated a scenario concerning Hord and Alliance : Garrosh is dead, and hord have a new warchief, so the tensions between Hord and Alliance are eased, and they will fuse in order to fight the legion BUT :

Draeneï wants to recover their lands, but it wouldn't be fair if the Hord couldn't get a part of it after fighting the legion along with the Alliance, and they'll probably want a part of the world.
    well horde could also do it to redeem there honor for the past crimes agaist the Draeneï you know sacking there women and children destroying there naaru ship and both of em trying to genocide the race....

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    If the next expansion is a Burning Legion affair, I doubt it will involve fighting demons either on Azeroth or a revamped Outland beyond a pre-launch event. The Azeroth revamp resulted in the much-maligned lack of endgame content in Cata, and they already took a ton of flak in DS for setting a major conflict in an established location. There's not much of the planet's surface left to explore either.

This leads me to suspect that the bulk of the conflict would occur on a planet under Legion occupation which we have not previously visited. However, I also think Argus is an unlikely destination, since that would mean we would be either exterminating or chasing the Legion out of its home base, and I'm just not sure Blizzard is ready to give up the series big bad this soon. Given what we've seen in Pandaria, however, I do think that they have the ability to invest us in the fate of a thus-far-unknown world, or entire host of worlds.

Also assuming that it will be a Legion expansion, I do think we would see some direct involvement by the Titans themselves in the war, though the Pantheon showing up in full force is something I'd only expect for a Sargeras expansion.
    Like I said before, I don't think people really understand the implications of the fact the next expansion will be released in the same year as WoW's tenth anniversary. That is not the time to do an expansion that simply sets the stage for another one, both because we've reached the point where every expansion after MoP has the potential to be the last, and because Blizzard would want to do something unspeakably epic to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary regardless of where in it's life cycle it really is.

If we are going after the Legion, if we don't obliterate them completely, we'll rip them into enough shreds that barring any unforeseeable developments demons won't even consider so much as speaking the word "Azeroth" for the next couple hundred years.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I think it is very likely the next expansion will be the Legion. Maybe we get Azshara/Old Gods expansion, but I think a Burning Legion would fit well.

But I truly hope they stay away from Outland. Leave the whole thing alone.

Why? Well, because last time they had to revamp areas from previous expansions... They drained the team too much... And as a result we got Crapclysm. Very dull endgame content.

The leveling experience in Outland is not even so painfull anymore. It is possible to breeze through the thing. Just leave it be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I think it is very likely the next expansion will be the Legion. Maybe we get Azshara/Old Gods expansion, but I think a Burning Legion would fit well.

But I truly hope they stay away from Outland. Leave the whole thing alone.

Why? Well, because last time they had to revamp areas from previous expansions... They drained the team too much... And as a result we got Crapclysm. Very dull endgame content.

The leveling experience in Outland is not even so painfull anymore. It is possible to breeze through the thing. Just leave it be.
    You're right about everything but how Outland isn't so painful anymore. Try levelling a toon or mining/herbalism in Hellfire Peninsula on a PvP Realm with CRZ (not complaining, I love a vivid world, even if it means Outland needs to be skipped by LFG). I know, that has little to do with Outland being outdated or anything, just wanted to correct you on that little note^^
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-01-29 at 01:00 AM.