Which 5 pets to bring ? (survival)

Greetings all, I've recently came back to the game and Ive been in a few groups with some players and noticed that sometimes we are missing a few buffs that I can apparantly supply to the group by using pets.

Could someone list 5 pets that I could tame that would yield all of the buffs depending on the group?

raptor = armor reduction
    wind serpant= increased spell damage debuff (if no lock)
    wolf = 5% crit
    cat= 3000 mastery
    hyena= melee haste buff

The guy above has the most important ones for personal DPS. Sporebat (Spell Haste) seems to be the least represented buff in general. I have to carry it for our 10-man. I stabled my wolf for it since Mages are so common.

Also, I'd suggest Tallstrider over Raptor, and make it your go-to pet when everything else is covered. Tallstrider's Sunder effect is AE, and applies 3 stacks in one cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    The guy above has the most important ones for personal DPS. Sporebat (Spell Haste) seems to be the least represented buff in general. I have to carry it for our 10-man. I stabled my wolf for it since Mages are so common.

Also, I'd suggest Tallstrider over Raptor, and make it your go-to pet when everything else is covered. Tallstrider's Sunder effect is AE, and applies 3 stacks in one cast.
    Ofc this depends on the guild, but at least in mine the pet i get out the most due to necessity is indeed the sporebat as you say...

Deleted
    Use your current pet+ glyph of stampede.Ideal if you are lazy:P

Quote Originally Posted by dremerus View Post
    Use your current pet+ glyph of stampede.Ideal if you are lazy:P
    actually if you were lazy you would simply only have one pet in your stable and then it just clones that pet without need for the glyph...

I use Hyena, Ravager, Cat, Raptor and Wolf. Careful with cat though as it will overwrite might from paladins and they would have to reapply it mid fight (unless this was changed recently).

Deleted
    http://www.stijndp.be/online/wow/Cel...dbuffer1.2.zip

Made an app to help myself find missing buff/debuffs quickly. Activate which members are mostly there (or which classes you meet most in LFD) and then you can quickly see which buff/debuffs will be missing.

For LFD most obvious choices are the 4buffs we can bring and 1debuff
    Melee haste => hyena/serpent
    Spell haste => sporebat
    Crit => Hydra/Wolf
    Mastery => Cat
    Spell damage => Dragon hawk/Wind serpent

There's an exception for Wind Lord where the Tallstrider is very good for aoe armor debuff if you don't have a warrior/bear tank.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    http://www.stijndp.be/online/wow/Cel...dbuffer1.2.zip

Made an app to help myself find missing buff/debuffs quickly. Activate which members are mostly there (or which classes you meet most in LFD) and then you can quickly see which buff/debuffs will be missing.

For LFD most obvious choices are the 4buffs we can bring and 1debuff
    Melee haste => hyena/serpent
    Spell haste => sporebat
    Crit => Hydra/Wolf
    Mastery => Cat
    Spell damage => Dragon hawk/Wind serpent

There's an exception for Wind Lord where the Tallstrider is very good for aoe armor debuff if you don't have a warrior/bear tank.
    Tallstriders rock for any hunter spec on any boss with adds really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Ofc this depends on the guild, but at least in mine the pet i get out the most due to necessity is indeed the sporebat as you say...
    Everyone knows that the sporebat is the best dps pet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

10+ Year Old Account
    since when are hydra's tamable? and screw the idiotic sporebat joke, its tired.

BM- quillen, raptor, serpent(or sporebat). and a netherray for the extra silence(at least for the trash).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my raid, I usually need to take Sporebat, sometimes Shale Spider. The "utility" choices are Quillen for CR, Spirit Beast for some extra healing and Chimaera for kiting.
    I recommend RaidChecklist addon.

But I think you're mostly speaking about random dungeon runs, not raiding. Then you can go with first advice from Atomsk69, it's pretty balanced.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    since when are hydra's tamable?
    It was in the list on wowhead and I found that there was a hydra that could be tamed for a while. Since it can still be used by those hunters, I left it in there.
    Later they even moved hydra from crocolisk to their own hydra family. But they didn't make any tameable. It's one of those unexplained mysteries of hunter design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    It was in the list on wowhead and I found that there was a hydra that could be tamed for a while. Since it can still be used by those hunters, I left it in there.
    Later they even moved hydra from crocolisk to their own hydra family. But they didn't make any tameable. It's one of those unexplained mysteries of hunter design.

It wasnt classified as a Hydra, Hydras have never been tamable. The spirit Hydra in Sholazar was classified as a crocolisk for abilities.

For 5 mans, I usually run with

Sporebat
    Serpent
    Wolf
    Cat
    Dragonhawk

For raiding, I just plug my group into the mmo-champion raid comp and bring a buff that's missing. If I don't need to bring anything, I bring a Tallstrider for the odd add fight.

Something I like to do especially when prepping for challenge modes is load our comp into MMOChamps Raid Comp tool to see what buffs/debuffs the group will be missing. I then load my stable with pets to fill those roles and when we pop heroism and stampede all buffs/debuffs are represented.

In addition to the examples above, I often rotate in a Gorilla for an additional interrupt if necessary.