Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    maybe you hate video games doozerjun!!

Heh, actually that's close to the truth. I don't hate video games but my preferences in hobbies have changed for sure. At this moment in my life my passion for video games is definitely waning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Eh, I'm afraid I can't really agree on the dailies. As someone who usually does not take up crafting I find the crafting one annoying simply from the standpoint that if you are not a crafter then it forces you to go train a profession to complete a daily, which is completely stupid, totally impractical, and rubs my OCDness in all the wrong ways.

The "healer" one actually turned out to be more of a pain than I thought because I was in competition with a bunch of other people rushing to downed players/corpses and I'm like, awesome, an achievement that essentially pits me against other players. Yay. -_-

Since the combo one was bugged I don't know if having to group with others was intentional or not, but if so then that was also a dumb decision.

I think the biggest issue is at the end of the day are you: 1) having more fun with it and 2) able to complete it with the same amount of speed/ease? So far it's looking like a lot of people are saying no to both of those.
    It doesnt force you to craft specific items but just to craft. So if you need to craft 10 items go to a low level zone and gather some copper ore nodes and some trees then go to a town and refine the ore into bars and tree's into planks and then deposit them in your collectablies.

Its forcing you to craft as much as kill 16 types of enemies forces you to go to different zones.

why do people feel like they're even "forced" to do their dailies in the first place?
    if you want to complete it, just deal with the requirements already or just don't do it at all?

not like 1 more laurel will really change anything when it comes to buying rewards that cost 30 of them, thus will take a few weeks to a month to get anyways.

Ugh, after doing the dodging one on my boyfriend's account that was actually a pain too. Ended up having to aggro a centaur archer and just sit there and keep trying to dodge arrows to get it done. I got it done easily for myself doing a bunch of events, but trying to get it done quickly for someone else? Irritating. Never realized before how precise you have to time dodges to technically dodge an attack. I kept moving too early every time.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Is there a crafting daily? I can't find it..

The "Healer" daily is actually really easy to do considering NPC's work. I just go to any newbie zone cause there's usually an abundance of NPC's laying around dead.
    I think it's since reset. And yeah, I ended up getting the healer one done much easier in Queensdale, mostly because I remembered the wolves around there kill NPCs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its forcing you to craft as much as kill 16 types of enemies forces you to go to different zones.
    There's a big difference between killing mobs vs. having to train a profession you may never use to complete a daily. Even if you don't see that as a problem, like I said, it's just an OCD thing for me.

Deleted
    Lane, for the dodge one find a mob in fireheart rise (the one with flame thrower) dodge a couple of time his channeled flame and you evade a lot with one dodge, should make the dodge task easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No reason to go before the change anyway. Little DE, copied champion mobs from another game that drops crap loot, and orichalcum veins guarded by 12 mobs.

Yea no...
    Not true, people always went there for the rich orichalcum.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Is there a crafting daily? I can't find it..

The "Healer" daily is actually really easy to do considering NPC's work. I just go to any newbie zone cause there's usually an abundance of NPC's laying around dead.
    Yeah there is a daily "Craft 10 stuff". But honestly you can make 20 any logs in 10 any planks or w/e and be done with it. Don't have to be nearly a "Crafter" to do that, wouldn't take more than 5mins to do it counting gathering time, even learning a discipline and crafting the items on auto.

And the Healer was actually fun. I went to a map and rez all 7 pretty quick than I got in a fight with a Champion Troll that was fairly fun and then rezed the rest.

@Lane

A little late to comment lol.
    Combo-system should be explained way more. But regardless it's something so natural that people often do without realizing. It's meh if you don't know much of it, it's really get an edge if you use it well (specially playing with someone you really know). But to be honest I find the system very boring, the combos is perfects is nothing "new". I don't mind some combo triggering AoE Blind or Burn like it does but it's always heavily the same. I would like to see a combo where something "new" happens not the usage of the old mechanics most people have. Like instead of a fire aura, why not Fire Nova? Could be even "the same" dmg but at least improve the looks and maybe it's power, make it more "flashy" at least.

Am I the only person who's bummed out about how hard they nerfed the dungeons? They were all (very) easy to begin with and now they even made them easier...

and for the FotM thing, is it possible to tell if someone is on lvl 5 or 50 before zoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ugh, after doing the dodging one on my boyfriend's account that was actually a pain too. Ended up having to aggro a centaur archer and just sit there and keep trying to dodge arrows to get it done. I got it done easily for myself doing a bunch of events, but trying to get it done quickly for someone else? Irritating. Never realized before how precise you have to time dodges to technically dodge an attack. I kept moving too early every time.
    I went to Overlake Haven, the Ettins are always killing soldiers and they telegraph their attacks, so figured it was easy enough. But, like you say, dodge too early and it's not REALLY a dodge. Ugh!

Depends on the time-frame of course, trying to smack through the daily list asap vs doing it at a decent pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Am I the only person who's bummed out about how hard they nerfed the dungeons? They were all (very) easy to begin with and now they even made them easier...

and for the FotM thing, is it possible to tell if someone is on lvl 5 or 50 before zoning?
    I'm sure I read that they are making the dungeons easier after the fix to rezz-rushing. Then they tweak them as they see how players cope with it. So if it's too easy (as you described it) they'd make them more difficult again + bosses getting new interesting phases/scripts. Can't find the source though

I know they're still tuning it but so far everyone who speaks about it is saying "it's a good nerf"

I know they're still tuning it but so far everyone who speaks about it is saying "it's a good nerf"
    I'm arguing in the forum with some guys about backscaling, people just want to be overpowered... they don't care that op = no challenge
    So it seems people who want difficult content are a minority

Didn't do any dungeon yet. But I've heard good things so far. I found that dungeons in general were easy even without teamplay, most bosses are cool looking and even have cool attack but they are very boring after that, so I'm hopeful that most stays the same (which seems to be heading that way) and the bosses will be better scripted (which I think they will). I agree we need some...tougher content, but as far as the rest goes it is a great change (for starters)

Deleted

Did cof yesterday, and the magg event is so easy now, only one mob is elite, which goes directly to kil magg rest are non elite and dies within a couple of hits. Wish every boss in gw2 was a bit like Lupicus multi phase and thats a bit challenging.

Deleted
    Overflow mania last night, a bit annoying. Got stuck on a server at one point with people debating if germans invented racism...

The new dailys...well, I like how you have to kill 2 kind of mobs less now 13 down from 15, so its slightly easier for low level characters to complete I guess.

The dodging one was tedious though, just kept agroing ranged mobs, they seem to be the easiest to dodge.

Healing was done in minutes, stupidly easy in low level zones. Or go to queensdale and see if the troll event is up, people always drop like flies there.

I wish I could get the crafting one, that takes like 5 seconds of "work".

Overall, its not a bad patch, can't wait for the real big content updates.

Deleted
    Anyone tried grenth? he completly destroyed every attempt we made yesterday. I think its doable but its hes pretty unforgiving now, best attempt we had was at around 80%.

The dodge daily to me seems to the easiest to do without actually have to do much at all.

All I did was run was around doing all the other stuff for the daily (and getting 100% in Cursed Shore) and every time I ran through some mobs to get somewhere I just tapped V a bit and was done with the dodges in no time

As pointed out above, telegraphed attacks are the easiest to work with because you have time to work it out...and if in doubt, find some Risen Putrifiers in Orr and just double dodge their GET OVER HERE! attack, job done

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Anyone tried grenth? he completly destroyed every attempt we made yesterday. I think its doable but its hes pretty unforgiving now, best attempt we had was at around 80%.
    I believe they nerfed him not to long ago.
    Yep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    I believe they nerfed him not to long ago.
    You mean they nerfed him today? I tried at around 12am eu time and he was pwning everyone with his new ability, hope they didnt nerf him, love there is a hard event that requires people to follow some type of tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    Made the following changes to the Champion Risen Priest of Grenth boss:
    Increased cooldown on Grenth’s Shadow Pull skill
    Changed radius of spells
    Modified attacks to do less damage
    Modified attack area so as not to overlap on attacks
    Modified Velocity of Teleport to allow player to not go into ceiling
    Decreased the damage of Grenth’s Shadow Pull skill
    Decreased the numbers of spells

Yes today. They interrupted my Jormag event for this patch.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1326255
    Yep