Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    ...so much that I do my Monthly achieve of 100 events basically in WvW. It's faster and fun. Getting camps, preventing supply dolyaks, capping sentry points.
    well I'm not sure I like this, PvE players who don't like WvW that much feel forced to join the Karma-train in WvW to get that 100-event-achievement fast. It just is a much faster way to get 100 events done. Those people could be out in the PvE-World and make it feel more alive.

I do agree that it might suck for the ones who dislike WvW to get the kills. But I do think that it's not that much to do, 50 kills is really nothing. Doing 100 events is much longer than that, and if you combine both in WvW it goes very fast (I did both yesterday XD).
    again if you join the Zerg. Not some part of the game I like at all. Yes, WvW is much more than Zergs (roaming with small groups is so much more fun and actually a source of suspense)... but tell this the PvE-players who want this done as fast as possible and so ("have to") choose the direct way of the zerg.

I did my 50 kills much faster assaulting camps alone than in Zergs. Or I would ask if there was some small striking team (which usually there is) and then it just goes 100 times faster. But I do agree with you (Just don't think it's possible yet).
    Oh, so you do like to run in small groups... Well, I don't think that PvEers who dislike WvW are good in PvP and able to be very successful in getting those kills here.

Hm. The changes to Orr seemed pretty meh-y. Just spent like an hour in Cursed Shore and Malchor's Leap.

Mobs still have way too fast respawn in some area, needlessly bloated hp on champions and the shrines are still what-fucking-ever-city. Did Cathedral of Zephyrs or whatever it is called. Also underwater Orr is still a goddamn mess. Logged off after the very first Krait I saw. Done with those annoying mobs, 4ever.

It seemed like they just made the mobs thinner in some areas and gave them less damage output. Seemed to barely take off a 1/4th my HP.

Guesting seemed to work as expected.

overall.

I do agree that it might suck for the ones who dislike WvW to get the kills. But I do think that it's not that much to do, 50 kills is really nothing. Doing 100 events is much longer than that, and if you combine both in WvW it goes very fast (I did both yesterday XD).
    I do events all the time though, so that one just comes naturally. The one time I did try to get the WvW kills for the achievement it took me about 3 hours of doing something I didn't really want to do (so it felt like an eternity) to complete it.

I am worried too that they're going to keep putting dungeons on the "PvE" monthly as well. The past two months having fractal requirements has been disconcerting.

When I found out monthly achievement and world complete required entering the PVP zone-- I never bothered to make an effort toward either.

I much prefer the pvp requirements to the dungeons/fractal requirements for the monthlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    well I'm not sure I like this, PvE players who don't like WvW that much feel forced to join the Karma-train in WvW to get that 100-event-achievement fast. It just is a much faster way to get 100 events done. Those people could be out in the PvE-World and make it feel more alive.

again if you join the Zerg. Not some part of the game I like at all. Yes, WvW is much more than Zergs (roaming with small groups is so much more fun and actually a source of suspense)... but tell this the PvE-players who want this done as fast as possible and so ("have to") choose the direct way of the zerg.

Oh, so you do like to run in small groups... Well, I don't think that PvEers who dislike WvW are good in PvP and able to be very successful in getting those kills here.
    Oh yeah. I was simply stating what I did and what people could try. (specially to go fast since I had 1 day left and havent been playing too much recently).

I didn't understand what you said, I didn't mean people to choose zerg, the opposite actually is faster really.

You would be surprised I think...Because WvW really holds the least and the more experienced. It's a weak point I know but it happens to be true. I love small teams, and I love to go solo. More than often I find other people running solo, being expert players with nice duels, or just random "average" people. I would say of the probable more than hundred kills I got yesterday, more than half were "averages". And when I mean averages I just mean not really a pvp player..

Again simply stating what I did and worked, if worked for me someone else who didn't try this yet might want to try . (I hate zergs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. The changes to Orr seemed pretty meh-y. Just spent like an hour in Cursed Shore and Malchor's Leap.
    -snip-
    I'd give Orr a second chance, pretty much most people agree in this Reddit-post: I never thought I'd say this but... Orr is kind of really awesome now.

527+ / 78-
    me too

I didn't understand what you said, I didn't mean people to choose zerg, the opposite actually is faster really.

Again simply stating what I did and worked, if worked for me someone else who didn't try this yet might want to try . (I hate zergs.)
    I think it's faster for people who are a bit experienced in PvP, others (like my best friend) are simply overwhelmed when someone attacks him... he is dead within a few seconds and no safe-zerg near him to act as a meatshield. He feels forced to run with the zerg because he can't survive otherwise. And we both know how fun zergs are. I agree, it's a supercool way to play the game, roaming around with a small group and engaging in epic skirmishes It works for us but not for every (most? I don't know) PvEers.

I'd give Orr a second chance, pretty much most people agree in this Reddit-post: I never thought I'd say this but... Orr is kind of really awesome now.
    Seemed pretty much the same to me. Some areas were thinned out, some mobs had their damage reduced, temple icons. Big meh.

Edit: Should say I don't really "need" anything out of Orr. Completed the zones, got the exotics, hundreds or gold and cleared all 3 paths of the dungeon. We did the jump puzzles too

So not too big a deal the changes for me.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-31 at 09:38 PM.

I love some of the comments from that reddit thread.

"Do you even pre-nerf Orr?"

"The second generation will look up to us."

527+ / 78-
    me too

I think it's faster for people who are a bit experienced in PvP, others (like my best friend) are simply overwhelmed when someone attacks him... he is dead within a few seconds and no safe-zerg near him to act as a meatshield. He feels forced to run with the zerg because he can't survive otherwise. And we both know how fun zergs are. I agree, it's a supercool way to play the game, roaming around with a small group and engaging in epic skirmishes It works for us but not for every (most? I don't know) PvEers.
    Yeah Orr is pretty much better. I still feel on Cursed Shroes tho. I would love to be able to do all the events in smaller groups.

And Yeah, experienced people are there and do better, but that's kinda my point. The enemy also panic and feels overwhelmed and you attack him, because he also is what "you" are. What I meant is that people could try doing it because they actually and usually don't. It's either "Omg, hate the zerg, can't do it, Ill quit", but they don't the other end. Which as you said could be bad but I'm thinking it's less than what people think, since WvW is loaded with unexperienced pvp that just likes the warzone.

Cripple burn pulling knock downs "Everyone, Come!" I'm glad that wont be happening as much now
    Yep

small interesting update about the living story content:

This month, you’ll be playing through a light preamble, a teaser intended to whet your appetite for the rest of the story. This content will stick around for a couple months, so you have plenty of time to play it before it goes away, and we’ll be adding to it as well.
    from the new blog post

added also here as one of the updates so you can get more info about it

10+ Year Old Account

527+ / 78-
    me too
    Agreed , Orr is actually good now, completing my dailies there since the patch.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokkra View Post
    Cripple burn pulling knock downs "Everyone, Come!" I'm glad that wont be happening as much now
    I still have nightmares about that particular line. Stuck in my head for some reason and everytime i hear it i Swap to shortbow and proceed to shadowstep like hell (Thief's Arrow or whatever the skill name is).
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-01 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seemed pretty much the same to me. Some areas were thinned out, some mobs had their damage reduced, temple icons. Big meh.

Edit: Should say I don't really "need" anything out of Orr. Completed the zones, got the exotics, hundreds or gold and cleared all 3 paths of the dungeon. We did the jump puzzles too

So not too big a deal the changes for me.
    Fencers, GW2 could project a VR harem of clones of whatever your celeb crush is feeding you chocolate ice cream and your response would be "meh".
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Fencers, GW2 could project a VR harem of clones of whatever your celeb crush is feeding you chocolate ice cream and your response would be "meh".
    nah, just give her transmutation stones which turn townclothes into combat-stuff and she would love the game

nah, just give her transmutation stones which turn townclothes into combat-stuff and she would love the game
    Shouldn't even have town clothes. It should all be T-stone based. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I still have nightmares about that particular line. Stuck in my head for some reason and everytime i hear it
    Yep, though the same happens to me with "Kill everything!" and "Death... good!"