Question Gripes, Confusions, and Concerns

First off, I'm a casual gamer. I would like to someday live up to the status quo of hardcore and top the PvE/PvP charts. But I currently feel that I may not have that much time and dedication towards that. I have had wow experience since the get go, active/inactive. I always get the tendency to come back after being inactive to enjoy the game again. I'm sure it's like this for other wow players around the world. I haven't been playing since Cata. Even when Cata was in play, I didn't get to enjoy the Cata raid content much. I've always been in raid guilds, but that wasn't enough. I would always sign up weekly, but never make it to core group. I would also meet the gear and DPS requirements as well. Regardless, I'm always looking for a team to commit to through raids and PvP.

Back in Cata, Blizzard implemented the LFR tool. I queued whenever possible, while doing my dailies. Either it just never seemed to work for me or maybe the feature was still new at the time.

I always had a deep passion for the rogue class. I use worldofwargraphs to help me determine some things. I'm completely basing this speculation off the rogue forums from the official site, and the class does not seem to be in good standing right now. Pertaining to PvE and PvP, the rogue class seems to be having a nice warm seat in both charts. When I was active in Cata, rogues seem to be doing alright. I am considering that it's been a while since then. I remember when we use to top the DPS charts, however I'm not so certain about now. I have been looking into wow a little, just to get a brief insight of what's currently going on. As far as I know, there's a patch coming up very soon. I'm still a little shy about returning.

I'm currently a Diablo 3 player. I grow bored of the game every now and then because it gets repetitive very quickly. Diablo 3 just feels very limited, not enough content to meet my needs. I currently have 250m on me. I'm waiting to sell off a few other items in value, and in hopes to get around 330m ideally. I would very much somehow like to transfer my ingame currency to real currency or forum gold at d2jsp. My plan is to transfer my real currency to my Paypal to buy MoP (if I find myself enjoying it) and possibly some monthly subscriptions, or into forum gold at d2jsp.

Here are my questions regarding this post:

Is being active in a guild still the best possible way to achieve top tier gear or will LFR work just fine?

How is the LFR tool working for anyone else?

Since when did the rogue class get nerfed, and why?

(It just doesn't seem like most people choose to play them now, based off worldofwargraphs. Either they were FOTM for a good while or there are just flat out better DPS dealers. I'm sure a class has to have its advantage to be FOTM though.)

Will the upcoming patch completely flip the shit out of the rogue class so we'll be looking forward to better days?

Overall, is MoP worth the purchase?

What is the safest approach to take if I'm looking to change my ingame currency from Diablo 3 out to either d2jsp or Paypal?

For the Alliance or Horde? (If I consider returning)

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR was never the best way to get "top tier gear." However, you can still use it advance your character. Otherwise, the best route is normal raiding.

The tool is working just fine for me, the same as Cata. It still is what it is, with all it's positives and negatives.

Rogues are not weak in PvE. I can't speak to PvP, but I'd be surprised. They might not be top DPS, but they are in a respectable position. I don't know what is on that website that is making you thing they were nerfed and seeing poor days. Combat had its Blade Flurry nerfed, if that's what you mean, but its single target was buffed to compensate.

I think so.

I have no idea, ask in the Diablo forums.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    LFR was never the best way to get "top tier gear." However, you can still use it advance your character. Otherwise, the best route is normal raiding.

The tool is working just fine for me, the same as Cata. It still is what it is, with all it's positives and negatives.

Rogues are not weak in PvE. I can't speak to PvP, but I'd be surprised. They might not be top DPS, but they are in a respectable position. I don't know what is on that website that is making you thing they were nerfed and seeing poor days. Combat had its Blade Flurry nerfed, if that's what you mean, but its single target was buffed to compensate.

I think so.

I have no idea, ask in the Diablo forums.
    Ty for the helpful response Tziva!

For raiding, which class is the most favored in terms of DPS?

Would you guys say that the rogue still offers the most difficulty out of the classes and find most rewarding?

Also LF a rogue to cover my rogue questions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesza View Post

Would you guys say that the rogue still offers the most difficulty out of the classes and find most rewarding?

I am a rogue.

Whatever class covers the desired buffs/debuffs within the raid and works well with the comp. There is not really a "most favoured" DPS class or spec. Raid fights still tend to favour being ranged heavy over melee heavy but a raid might with little or no melee might still desire them for balance or interrupts or whatever. It's not like their is one spec that is like super amazing awesome and every raid collects them.

I don't think rogues are the most difficult, but I also don't feel like that has ever been true. If you felt that way in the past, you might still feel this way.

What someone finds rewarding is going to vary for everyone. I can't really answer that, but no one can

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Aesza View Post

The most favored dps class is varying fight to fight in Mists so far as I have seen, as with 3 magi on heroic Will it made the fight very easy so they were semi favored in that reguard, but the on Garalon rogue's did crazy dmg and were almost needed to get the required deeps at first.

I have messed around on a rogue before, and while they are difficult I don't think they are the most difficult, but they do feel rewarding when you do well with one. I mean really if you break it down no class is difficult if you are used to it, if you play x class for long enough then the intricacies of the class and specs become like the back of your hand and you can do them without thinking, while a new player to the class might be dumbfounded.

Yes Tziva and Maxweii, generally speaking.

So based on worldofwargraphs.com/statsglobal-classesrepartition-0-0.html, I'm assuming hunters are just FOTM... or? And FOTM usually means that there's "something" about that particular class/character.

Edit: I apologize, I'm unable to post links atm, and that one doesn't quite work the way I want it to. It's the correct site but the correct statistics are found under global ranks and then classes distribution.
    Last edited by Aesza; 2013-01-29 at 06:19 AM.