Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Vizier or Heroic Protectors?

We got Heroic Emperor, Garalon, and Wind Lord this last week and are now 9/16H and started Heroic attempts on Lei She. But we're trying to plan our kill order and I'm wondering what people would recommend: Vizier or Protectors after Lei She?

vizier is definitely easier numbers-wise but has the whole orb dodging thing that some people have trouble with. Have your group watch a video or two, then just do it a couple of times and you should be set. Protectors has really easy mechanics, but a bit tighter numbers for the healing/dps. I would go vizier, he's really not bad now anymore.

From experience, Lei Shi was the easiest of the three.

I would personally say: Lei Shi < Protectors < Vizier

In terms of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ruberduckie View Post
    We got Heroic Emperor, Garalon, and Wind Lord this last week and are now 9/16H and started Heroic attempts on Lei She. But we're trying to plan our kill order and I'm wondering what people would recommend: Vizier or Protectors after Lei She?
    It entirely depends on several things such as are you 10m or 25?. If 10m your raid comp is quite crucial for vizier at least it helps a lot if you ie have 2 paladins for bops. 3heal it and kill echo unless u got shaman healer etc. you're post is just extremely vague for an accurate and proper suggestion.

It also really depends on how well your raid team works as a unit. Protectors requires a lot of coodernation, between groups getting the debuff, slows, and kicks on Asani. Most of that needs to be worked out before you even pull, but screw ups can cause you to need to make on the fly decisions.

Kinda off topic, but hoped you might be able to help us. Is it doable 3 healing and killing echo or is the dps timer almost too tight for that?
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Misux View Post
    Kinda off topic, but hoped you might be able to help us. Is it doable 3 healing and killing echo or is the dps timer almost too tight for that?
    Perfectly doable aslong as you save lust to burn the echo and the boss is kited far enough away that the attenuation after the echo spawns wont interfere with burning down the echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Misux View Post
    Yeah it's really easy that way. Just save all of your CDs. Do the first attenuation, force and verve, and convert. Then when the main boss does attenuation run down to the echo and lust/pot/cds and kill the echo.

where would you guys rank Heroic amber Shaper into this

We did all except Sha HC in order of Vizier > ... > Shek'zeer and then Protectors > Tsulong > Lei Shi and I must say that even after Shekzeer, Protectors were pretty hard. I'd say Vizier is definitely easier, especially in terms of gear / dps requirement. Lei Shi was just a walk in the park after all the others.

Just got Vizir yesterday after 2 weeks of tries (had a few people being replaced, that fucked us up a little bit) and have to say once you get used to dodging stuff and managing healer cds its an easy fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseftw View Post
    where would you guys rank Heroic amber Shaper into this
    I'd say Amber Shaper is significantly harder than Lei Shi, Protectors and Vizier.

For zorlok, the entire fight is really easy once you understand the order of phase 2

Boss attenuation
    Force and verve
    Echo spawn
    Convert

Boss attenuation
    Echo attenuation
    Force and verve

Echo attenuation
    Boss attenuation
    Echo attenuation
    Force and verve

We just burn the boss, and ignore the echo. With proper timing you can get the boss to 20% before the first attenuation, but perfectly doable if not. You should be able to kill it before the third force and verve, and likely right after the second on your first kills.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windchilll View Post
    I'd say Amber Shaper is significantly harder than Lei Shi, Protectors and Vizier.
    Amber shaper is significantly easier if you do the new strat of burning amber shaper to 15-20% in phase 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    For zorlok, the entire fight is really easy once you understand the order of phase 2

Boss attenuation
    Force and verve
    Echo spawn
    Convert

Boss attenuation
    Echo attenuation
    Force and verve

Echo attenuation
    Boss attenuation
    Echo attenuation
    Force and verve

We just burn the boss, and ignore the echo. With proper timing you can get the boss to 20% before the first attenuation, but perfectly doable if not. You should be able to kill it before the third force and verve, and likely right after the second on your first kills.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 08:00 AM ----------

Amber shaper is significantly easier if you do the new strat of burning amber shaper to 15-20% in phase 1.

Except when vizier decides he doesn't want to do the abilities in that order, and substitutes the convert with a new attenuation etc... Attempt "wasted".
    Also, you can't burn amber shaper to 15-20% in P1 without running out of time in P2 to kill the monstrosity, unless you're severely outgearing the encounter.

Speaking strictly 10 man, a lot of things hinge on your comp. Lei Shi can go from a decently easy encounter to a very unforgiving and hard one if you dont have the right comp. (No locks, DK's, sufficient CC's). Most other enounters arent so much based on class (gg blizz) but more on number throughput, if you have capable players with good numbers, you'll do fine for Vizier (Resto shammies are the only class that rly changes anything minutely about Vizier, it comes down to not failing at orbs). Protectors as others above have said, emphasizes raid coordination, and raw throughput by both healers and DPS.

That said, having the right classes for the fight help immensely on certain mechanics or just beating the numbers; Warlocks on protectors is fun since they do more than their average single target (excluding the encounter modifier) because of 3 targets for corruption + Nightmare procs. Disc priests sort of make a lot of hard wired intense healing phases a LOT more bearable for healers. Yea.. just a few examples, but comp really does matter in a 10man. For 25's you are more likely to have each spec more frequently across the board so there is a lesser chance of being disadvantaged relative to other comps, but there is still a chance of that happening, it is just more prevalent in 10mans.

Deleted
    Vizier is much easier, have u alrdy downed Amber shaper? i would say amber shaper zolok them protectors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Resto shammies are the only class that rly changes anything minutely about Viziers
    Out of curiousity since I guess I'm missing something: How so?

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Out of curiousity since I guess I'm missing something: How so?
    Would also be very interested in that

Like i said it is minute, but it has to do with Spirit Link totem and Force and Verve. The also have pretty strong fire and forget clumped raid healing ala Stream + Healing Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Except when vizier decides he doesn't want to do the abilities in that order, and substitutes the convert with a new attenuation etc... Attempt "wasted".
    Also, you can't burn amber shaper to 15-20% in P1 without running out of time in P2 to kill the monstrosity, unless you're severely outgearing the encounter.
    This only happens if you time the phase switch badly resulting in convert still being on cooldown