Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I return?

I quit World of Warcraft along time ago. I quit frankly because I didn't agree with the path the designers started going down. I stopped playing at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. The game just started handing out rewards for meaningless reasons. However I have been thinking about coming back, mainly due to old friends. I was wondering how the game is doing (honestly). I hear a lot about servers emptying out and how terrible MoP is. I have heard from friends about features like CRZ as well....not a fan. Bascilly I just don't want my money wasted. So I'd like to hear from you all to help make my mind up...so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried the 10-day free trial yet?
    Should be able to access the feature from
    your battle.net account page. That's probably
    the best way to see if you'll enjoy Mists.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

well you can join an easy version of raids by a que system(looking for raid). that pretty much worse than wrath was giving out rewards meaningless.
    looking for raid in terms of difficulty is really pathetic.

Deleted
    I havent played wow either since november 2011, cant give you any notes on that. But usually playing with friends is fun, and you got some new content to do it in. If money isnt an issue and you want to spend time with the friends and got the time... why not give it a shot? Then if you arent pleased at the end, at least you got a couple of hours with friends and that's not too shabby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    I quit World of Warcraft along time ago. I quit frankly because I didn't agree with the path the designers started going down. I stopped playing at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. The game just started handing out rewards for meaningless reasons. However I have been thinking about coming back, mainly due to old friends. I was wondering how the game is doing (honestly). I hear a lot about servers emptying out and how terrible MoP is. I have heard from friends about features like CRZ as well....not a fan. Bascilly I just don't want my money wasted. So I'd like to hear from you all to help make my mind up...so to speak.
    I like it alot.

The raiding tier is abit to long.

Alot of content to do.

Nothing is forced, even tho there are several threads about what is.

It all depends how much you want to dedicate yourself into the game. If you want to be min max, there are no way around dailys.

Besides that, I actually like most features in MoP (I despite LFR, but thats because I also raid, so it makes me tired of the instances).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Have you tried the 10-day free trial yet?
    Should be able to access the feature from
    your battle.net account page. That's probably
    the best way to see if you'll enjoy Mists.
    Once I have time off, I do plan to play the trial. However I am still seeking opinions.

Well the good thing about MoP is that there's always something for you to do. There's so much reputation to grind, many different LFR tiers, valor capping, etc. and they all make sure you always have a reason to log on every day. Of course, all that starts becoming less and less important as you hit Revered/Exalted with reputation and no longer need gear from LFR or valor points, HOWEVER that will only happen if you raid all the time and your guild is always downing the latest content shortly after it comes out.

I say pay for a month and try it out. Levelling from 85-90 was a whole lot of fun (I personally love the new continent) and if you left in Wrath you still have Cataclysm levelling to complete which was also awesome. Once you hit the cap you'll have a huge amount of stuff to do right away and you'll still have the same amount of stuff to do probably months into level 90, so just play for a month and see if you enjoy the daily quest system. Also, more factions are introduced with each new patch, 5.2 is coming out soon which will add yet another place to do quests every day. So pretty much you won't be running out of stuff to do ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people will tell you that yes you should come back.

I will tell you no you shouldn't. Stay quit. Move on with life, WoW is fun, but if you've really not played since the end of Wrath, youve been gone for 2 years or around that much. Keep playing real life.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    No you shouldn't...

I returned after a year absence and to be fair it wasn't worth my money. LFR is a pathetic attempt to let people see content and you'll mostly want to avoid the terrible groups. The RNG in LFR is so bad, even with coins you won't stand a chance to get any loot. It seems that the worse you do your job, the more chance for loot.

After you have avoided LFR all you can do is grind through dailys ( which I actually like ) to get reputation and gear. After that, you will want to start raiding... but I couldn't stand beeing on for more then 30 min a day because logging on each evening was ruining my free time.

It's not as rose-tinted as you're thinking now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    No you shouldn't...

I returned after a year absence and to be fair it wasn't worth my money. LFR is a pathetic attempt to let people see content and you'll mostly want to avoid the terrible groups. The RNG in LFR is so bad, even with coins you won't stand a chance to get any loot. It seems that the worse you do your job, the more chance for loot.

After you have avoided LFR all you can do is grind through dailys ( which I actually like ) to get reputation and gear. After that, you will want to start raiding... but I couldn't stand beeing on for more then 30 min a day because logging on each evening was ruining my free time.

It's not as rose-tinted as you're thinking now.
    Thank you for being honest. This is what I was afraid of. My friends all feel the same as you. They only play out of habit now I guess. I currently play Rift. I enjoy it alot. It's BC WoW again. However my friends won't give it a chance. I want to play a game with them....I just don't know if WoW is worth it at all anymore. It may be a huge MMO... However it seems to just be rolling with the masses now.

IMO you quit at the perfect time. After WOTLK everything went downhill. Cataclysm was the sorriest excuse for an expansion ever, LFR is a complete joke, and CRZ's are terrible. Not worth the time or money anymore.

If you didn't like where WoW was going, you won't be pleased to hear that it definitely got where it was headed. Content is more accessible than ever and they throw filler activities at you every time you turn around. For some a lot of people, this is a good thing. For many of us old-timer, serious players - it's not.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one who's grown disenchanted with the game's direction. It wouldn't hurt to come back and give it a try to find out for yourself though. Blizzard likes trying to re-entice their old customers, so it's not hard to find a way to get a free trial. Give it whirl and see what happens, IMO. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other games out there for you to enjoy.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-01-28 at 11:32 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

handing out rewards for meaningless reasons

MOP is full of it, there is even a quest legendary gem. lmao

I came back for a month or two and now counting days for sub to end. I will wait out another expansion. MOP is as bad as Cata if not worse.

Deleted
    I quit World of Warcraft along time ago. I quit frankly because I didn't agree with the path the designers started going down. I stopped playing at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. The game just started handing out rewards for meaningless reasons.
    Why does it diminish your happiness if other people get gear? Yes, the end of Wrath marked the start of raiding being accessible to most players. So yes, lots of folk walk around in raid gear. If that will make you very sad, please don't subscribe. But if you do want to subscribe, and walk around in heroic raid gear or challenge mode rewards or sport gladiator titles or win realm firsts etc, then don't worry - you can and those things are still inaccessible to most players. As Blizzard keep commenting, the skill gap between players is enormous and they have to cater to all parts of the market.

People complainign how Bad MoP is?
    Are they the same people who said Cata was the worse Expansion?
    Of the ones saying Wrath was the worse thing ever?
    I think TBC was the only expansion that wasnt labaled as a "Horrible Expansion"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would give the trial a try or even invest in trying just MoP to see if it's worth coming back for yourself. Everyone can say the game is good and everyone can say the game is bad. It's really what you think.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

If this is your view on things, if this is your attitude, then don't come back, not because I'm being all mean or anything, but because if you felt that way about wotlk, then you'll still feel the same now. WoW has changed, but its changed for what in my opinion is the better, I'm one of those people that don't care about what others have, and just like having fun, not complaining about what others do or get ingame.

Of course you could come back and just pretend LFR and Heroic Dungeons and Valor gear doesn't exsist and do the parts of the game that make it feel epic for -you- and enjoy the game for what it is, a fun use of free time with friends.

There is content for those of us that have less time to spend int he game, and still progress in little chunks.
    There is content for those that want to raid Hardcore, and progress.
    There is content for those that want to PVP and progress.

It's up to you to find out if its enough and if its fun for you.

On the topic of CRZ, from y own experience, I don't mind it, hardly notice it much, apart from their being more people to bump into in older content zones,and its nice to see the world so alive again.

There are a few glitches when crossing zones on passenger mounts (it dismounts your passenger!) and a little lag spike/stutter sometimes. But these will be fixed eventually I am sure.

Deleted
    Nah man stay out its full of pandas.

We can't possibly help you decide if you want to play or not. Only you can decide.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

should try out the free trial bud