[PvP] Balance or Feral for BGs?

My druid is almost 90 and I have capped JPs and almost capped Honor so once I hit 90 I can cash it all in on a few pieces of PvP gear. I might hold off until 5.2 but which is currently better in BGs? I enjoy playing both of them but would rather focus on getting one spec geared first before trying another one. Is one spec currently stronger in BGs than the other at 90? I have played and really enjoyed both while leveling but we all know if its not level 90 it doesnt matter. Also is 5.2 going to drastically change either spec to make them worse or better? Without working BGs on the PTR its kind hard to test anything.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-01-28 at 11:27 PM.

In random bgs with pugs feral has the ability to carry a game if geared and played well, but aren't often brought to rbgs. Most ferals have to go guardian and FC rbgs.

Moonkin is the opposite, without support to let you freecast, random bgs are a pain, but with solarbeam/vortex you do well in rbgs where you can sit back and multidot for starsurge procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to really free cast often as a moonkin in random bgs. I usually top the damage meters even if I solo que. it really depends on which playstyle you prefer, since both feral and moonkin are vastly different.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I like both. Feral is fun sneaking around and ninja capping nodes while some dude is 5 feet in front of you drinking. Its also fun to find people at 25% health drinking and 2 shot them. Been watching some Moonkin videos and they look like a load of fun. All I see are numbers scrolling across the screen. I guess you just DoT everything in sight and then spam instant Starsurges? I will admit though my skillcap is kinda low. Im not terrible and I know all BG objectives but Im not into rated stuff so I guess that means Im not that skilled. Have tried to do rated but no one ever lets me join cause I have never had a rating so i guess that does make me bad. So just wondering which would be easier to play as a bad PvPer?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For BGs I would actually go Boomkin. I can do top damage in regular BGs if I try to as feral but it takes a lot more effort to do that. Feral can also pretty much 1v2/1v3 bases (random bgs, lol) but Boomkin easily has a lot more damage especially when geared. It depends what you want to do. As a boomkin you really have to go around with the group as it has poor surviability and the effect of HUGE damage in group fights. I play feral as more of a "lone wolf" solo attacking bases etc while they are busy at another base.

OK just watched http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=226006

It seems Balance is pretty faceroll. All you do is jump around, spam instants, and everyone dies.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post

It seems Balance is pretty faceroll. All you do is jump around, spam instants, and everyone dies.
    rofl'd irl

I watched plasticduck's videos and I'm pretty sure I can 3 shot anything...
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I watched plasticduck's videos and I'm pretty sure I can 3 shot anything...
    Watched some of his videos. Whats the One Shot macro he mentions for ferals?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    One shot macro for feral basically being incarnation,berserk,tiger's fury,burst trink, natures vigil, spam ravage? ;p

I've named mine "WIN DOE"
    #showtooltip
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Berserking(racial)
    /cast Nature's Vigil
    /cast Incarnation
    /use Virmen's Bite
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post

I watched a video of Buckethead playing guitar, I've never played guitar but now that I've seen him do it, I'm going to play the Cuckoo clocks of Hell.

Stay on topic, please.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-02-01 at 05:56 PM.