Thread: Studying issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Med School isn't too hard tho, If you pass through the first 3 years (pre-clinical courses) then you basically made it. The last 4 years are clinical rotations, and it's almost impossible to fail a rotation, unless you're really bad X_X. (Forgot to mention, Med School is 7 years here)
    Depends on what you want to do with your life, my partner who is a surgeon calls those that do not excel "future dentists". When someone collapses and you have seconds to diagnose and start treatment, you have to be on the ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Depends on what you want to do with your life, my partner who is a surgeon calls those that do not excel "future dentists". When someone collapses and you have seconds to diagnose and start treatment, you have to be on the ball.
    It's never Lupus.

I study at a technical university and I'm currently about to begin making my master thesis.
    My advice would be:
    1: Mimic the type of exam in your exam preparations. Oral exam: Speak loud to yourself. Written exam: Solve/make exercises.
    2: if it's a hard exam: Form a small study group of 2-4 persons. Talking about the curriculum with other students helps a lot.
    3: Make a study plan. Divide the curriculum into various parts/chapters/themes and study one topic at a time. It helps getting an overview of what you remember already and what you don't remember. Write keywords about the central aspects of each theme or topic and make sure you know it by heart.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-01-29 at 01:07 AM.

True, but that applies to any career really. I was just trying to say that the degree itself isn't hard to get, if you want to be mediocre then that's your decision.

I personally read damn near 4x faster than i can speak or write or type so i usually don't bother with notes or studying, I just do the assigned homework read the topics that are relevant to be on the next test and enjoy my self outside of the classroom. I'm very much not an academic person, but still do what it takes to pass my classes with a 3.5ish overall since highschool

10+ Year Old Account
    Legalese is tough for anyone including lawyers.

Get some study aids, aka amphetamines. Odds are most of your competition, aka classmates, are using them.

I always studied best high with a few beers. People will knock it, but I aced everything besides physics.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can tell you is that if study a subject (and do problems as an engineer but that wouldn't apply as much to law school I wouldn't think) and then immediately go to sleep for a night, I can remember what I studied before I went to sleep very clearly (far more clearly than the night before when I just had studied/been studying it) for as long as I am involved with the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Legalese is tough for anyone including lawyers.

Get some study aids, aka amphetamines. Odds are most of your competition, aka classmates, are using them.

I always studied best high with a few beers. People will knock it, but I aced everything besides physics.
    Don't do this.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I found that group studying was a big help for me. It's easy to get lost on yourself when studying alone; with people around I feel its more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try finding a study partner, I find it much easier to remember stuff when I can talk about it with someone else. They can also correct you if you have something wrong, and help you find important info in textbooks and such.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Try finding a study partner, I find it much easier to remember stuff when I can talk about it with someone else. They can also correct you if you have something wrong, and help you find important info in textbooks and such.
    The only thing to look out for is being taught things wrong by a study partner. If you disagree on something you should look it up. This gets you the right answer and helps you remember it by reading it again and analyzing the issue.

It's not about memory.

It's about having an interest in what you're doing. If you're interested, you'll remember everything. Stressing yourself is not the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Don't do this.
    Don't listen to them. I am right. Study drugs!

For classes with workable problems I found study groups very helpful. For classes that required reading, I got high and listened to classical music while I read -- with a highlighter to go over anything I wanted to emphasize. Also helps if what you are studying does not suck.

Different strokes. I did miserable in school before I found my study routine. I finished grad school with a 3.9.
    I like sandwiches

Thats bollocks, you have to be able to think and problem solve really fast, if that is not intelligence I don't know what is.
    Basically you just have to memorize all the different things in the body. Where the nerves are, muscles, vessels and so on. Thats what we are told. Intelligence plays a part yea - but you can be very intelligent without being knowledgeable about what to do.