Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does your pet like to sleep on your clothes?

I've noticed many times my dog would snooze off on a jacket i've just worn on my bed. I assume it has to do with my scent and wondered if this was common among other dogs and their owners?

My pets have always slept on my clothes if I left them somewhere accessible. I think it has to do with the clothes smelling like you, and your pet finds that happy and comforting.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably would if I ever let him, but my clothes go straight from being cleaned to the drawers and hangers.

Deleted
    My dog have never realy shown any real interest for it however it might be just becos i dont have my clothes anywhere where she can get to them as she is a Long haired German sheppard/Border collie mix and well... HAIR,HAIR EVERYWHERE (brushing does nothing its like her fur is connected to another dimension full of hair)

10+ Year Old Account
    no. my dog hates it when people put clothes on him.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

This is pretty standard behaviour for most pets.

Clothes, bed, sofa. Dog hair everywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    This is pretty standard behaviour for most pets.
    ^this. When my dog was younger she would ways try sleeping in a basket of dirty clothes. She will sleep on your shirt or something like that if its left around. Same with jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    He probably would if I ever let him, but my clothes go straight from being cleaned to the drawers and hangers.
    Same here. However, they do get all over the bed and furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    My pets have always slept on my clothes if I left them somewhere accessible. I think it has to do with the clothes smelling like you, and your pet finds that happy and comforting.
    Logged in and was about to say exactly this.

To be on topic, my sister owns a chiwawa which she trained to be a inside dog and as most pets she is left home alone during the day as everyone is at work/school and when someone comes home she'll be either sitting at the front door waiting for you to come in or sleeping on the clothes.

The loyalty of animals is incredible and they want to be as close to you as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    My bird likes to climb up on my clothes hamper...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Logged in and was about to say exactly this.

To be on topic, my sister owns a chiwawa which she trained to be a inside dog and as most pets she is left home alone during the day as everyone is at work/school and when someone comes home she'll be either sitting at the front door waiting for you to come in or sleeping on the clothes.

The loyalty of animals is incredible and they want to be as close to you as possible.
    People confuse loyalty with depending on you. 9 out of 10 pets couldn't care less who they live with as long they are warm and have are fed...unless it's a trained dog I can walk in most peoples house, take the dog and after 2 weeks they wouldn't even remember you (as a figure of speech).

Of curse some pets are different and are in fact loyal, but it's a rare sight and I doubt anyone here has pet like it.

Deleted
    My dog no as I have none, my cat however yes. Both on clothes I used and on my clean clothes. But funny enough, even in the case of those that are clean, she sits on those I wear more and ignores the ones I wear 1-2 times a year or something.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    People confuse loyalty with depending on you. 9 out of 10 pets couldn't care less who they live with as long they are warm and have are fed...unless it's a trained dog I can walk in most peoples house, take the dog and after 2 weeks they wouldn't even remember you (as a figure of speech).

Of curse some pets are different and are in fact loyal, but it's a rare sight and I doubt anyone here has pet like it.
    Actually my favourite cats always come to me even if my neighbours do barbeques all the time and even invite my other cats in. They go, beg for barbeque, then when they are invited in they leave and come back to me. Because they know that even though the food I give them is not as tasty, I love them, and they love me back

One of my cats even came back once after missing for 3 months. Still have no clue where she was, but she came back. She looked well fed, so it wasn't that.

Deleted
    No, my dog would rather rip them apart. My cat, however, likes to sleep on them.

I don't have a dog but my ferrets will curl up and go to sleep in my clothes if I leave them around.

my cats do. especially on my denim jacket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I put my dog down back in April she would ALWAYS sleep on any article of clothing that I left on the floor. I always thought she did this because she didnt want to lay on the hardwood floors and/or wanted to be around my scent Last winter I sneaked up behind her and I watched her tug my winter jacket off the side of my bed and made a little bed out of it by walking around in a circle on it for a good minute and then laid down and noticed I was staring at her the entire time. Hilarious XD
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

My dog likes to sleep on my robes, so I just toss them on the floor beside my bed before I go to sleep.

Doesn't that go the same way with humans? If your parents abandoned you and you were raised by caring foster parents is pretty much the same way. And dogs have a very good memory, they'll remember you even if you havent seen each other for years

I also suggest you looking up videos on youtube where people from the military return home after months or even years and are reunited .you can see how happy their dogs are to see their owners

Calling bullshit. I've left my dogs with people who feed/love on them for months while away traveling and they flip the **** out when I come back.