Thread: New Faction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    This could benefit the game in bringing old players back
    This could be said for any new feature added.

they could create a new main city in an area that isn't used much to make players see more of the outside world besides org or sw.
    So your idea to have players see more of the world is to create a third city that they'd sit around in? I can't say it's a very long-lasting plan.

they could have a more sinister or evil look since they would have done something horrible to there previous faction..
    When you say that they have a more "sinister or evil" look, are you trying to say that they'd all have angry expressions, or that they'd spontaneously grow horns due to having betrayed their faction? Would each existing race require new customization options?

They could create a quest chain nothing huge that would make players betray their factions than join the new one.
    Do they have to be max level to do this? If not, where would they quest afterwards? Would Azeroth require a whole new revamp?

The 3rd faction would mainly be an evil faction or something around that idea which could combine new Races or like my main post stated members of the current factions who betrayed there main faction. As far as people who would be worried about their friends leaving this happens all the time already so it wouldn't be an issue.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:27 PM ----------

People still do wg and tb? As far as bgs go i see where your coming from but in all honesty it still wouldn't be that hard to create starting areas for the new faction.

As for the evil look the new faction would have than yea they would also get to redo the way there current character looks and perhaps the new factions characters could have red glowing eyes or perhaps horns or something on that line!

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:59 PM ----------

Any other ideas?

Theoretically it's a good idea to inject a sense of innovation and change to the game... but I think once the novelty wore off Blizzard would have one more thing for people to complain about. "Why can't my faction do such and such like the other ones? I understand we're a new faction, but that ain't right!"

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Where does Faction 3 start in WSG? Where do they start in Arathi? What base do they use in Isle? Does killing a Horde player flag you against Faction 3? Does killing Faction 3 flag you against Alliance?
    You're assuming that you're fighting both factions at the same time.

For existing battlegrounds, you could simply queue and choose who to fight, either Alliance or Horde or 3rd faction (if you're one of the former two). For new battlegrounds, they could be designed for 3 factions.

Killing any one from the opposing faction flags you period. Anyone from the other two factions could technically come and gank you.

Honestly, there is no reason why Blizz couldn't have implemented this already - it really only needs some common sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    You're assuming that you're fighting both factions at the same time.

For existing battlegrounds, you could simply queue and choose who to fight, either Alliance or Horde or 3rd faction (if you're one of the former two). For new battlegrounds, they could be designed for 3 factions.

Killing any one from the opposing faction flags you period. Anyone from the other two factions could technically come and gank you.

Honestly, there is no reason why Blizz couldn't have implemented this already - it really only needs some common sense.
    No, even 1 on 1. Where does faction 3 start? Do they start in Horde or Alliance base? Is it randomized? Is it being random fair to that faction? Why does faction 3 have to share the art assets while the other factions have unique bases, etc.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

The Scourge.

Make undead versions of all the player races. You can transfer your character to this faction if you submit yourself to the new Lich King. Pandarens are not allowed to join, the Lich King hates Pandas.

If we ended up getting a 3rd faction I'd want them to give Garrosh and Slyvannas their own faction after getting kicked out of the horde. Maybe throw in some demons, naga, and or mogu for good measure. That way all the Garrosh and Slyvannas fanboys can be happy lopping of heads and waging war. Maybe have them take over the twilight cult so any race can join.

The faction would only be allowed in newly created bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually one way to solve the BG issue no new races aside is have the new one use sorta salvaged tech from the other raves that joined as well as use fallen/conquered bases.

Thus reusing art at least at first would work. Think of it like pre cata undead.

As for being evil i say neutral. A group tired of the war who want to live a life where instead of fighting each other they fight bigger nastier foes.

Let them be able to do SOME quests from either side while having their own as well.

Maybe have them start in a phased version of The Vale of Eternal Blossoms for a preexisting area and they get sent out afterwards as messengers of peace.

My 2 cents at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me timetravel back to 2006.
    Oh god I'm young again.
    My beer belly is now a slightly flatter beer belly.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion?

I was thinking BG's would still be one team vs one team, just the faction u end up facing could be different.

A third faction, although very cool and neat. IDK if it would go down. Panda's are already like a third faction before they choose a faction..

15+ Year Old Account
    If we're going by this thread the new faction would be outnumbered at least 1:3 by each of the other factions.

Nobody would play it, especially not on some of the already underpopulated servers.

And why would anyone join it anyway? I don't know many who say "zomg horde and ally both r teh suxxor". Because 90% of players don't really care for lore. They just don't like the other faction because we're trained that way.
    So you'd have to give the third faction some kind of real advantage aside from "they are evil and evil is cool". Which would be unfair to the other two.

What are their capital cities? What are the third faction's leveling zones? Where do they start in Outland/Northrend/Pandaria? Where do they fit in Shattrath/Dalaran? Where do they fit into the Horde vs Alliance story line? What's their faction in the 5.2 daily hub? What sort of religious/philosophical/political ideologies do they believe in? Who founded the faction? Who are their lore figures/NPC leaders? How does Jaina/Vol'Jin/any lore character feel about the third faction NPC leaders? How do the third faction NPC leaders feel about Jaina/Vol'Jin/any lore character? What's their motivation to fight the Horde/Alliance in any BG? What natural threats do they have? (ie: Tauren have centaurs, Foresaken have scarlet crusade, etc.) What sort of architecture/transportation do they have? Where do they get their resources for building/smithing? What languages do they speak? Where do babies come from? etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum...

The third faction has to fit into the story and make sense. After 7 years of two factions with a strong story binding them together, it just doesn't make any sense to inject a third faction into the mix.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    People like you make me laugh this could work and would be awesome! Tell me one reason why this wouldn't work?
    To fit in a 3rd faction you would have to literally revamp every continent/city/zone/battleground in wow to give them a levelling path and a fully fleshed out experience.

Everything in this game is designed around 2 factions and I would rather Blizz created new content than doing a Cata style revamp on all content to squeeze in a 3rd faction.

Also, population. Where are the players coming from who will populate this faction? Most people are settled in their factions and unwilling to leave friends. Also we have no new players this many expansions into the game.

it won't happen in wow, maybe in another mmo but not this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    What are their capital cities? What are the third faction's leveling zones? Where do they start in Outland/Northrend/Pandaria? Where do they fit in Shattrath/Dalaran? Where do they fit into the Horde vs Alliance story line? What's their faction in the 5.2 daily hub? What sort of religious/philosophical/political ideologies do they believe in? Who founded the faction? Who are their lore figures/NPC leaders? How does Jaina/Vol'Jin/any lore character feel about the third faction NPC leaders? How do the third faction NPC leaders feel about Jaina/Vol'Jin/any lore character? What's their motivation to fight the Horde/Alliance in any BG? What natural threats do they have? (ie: Tauren have centaurs, Foresaken have scarlet crusade, etc.) What sort of architecture/transportation do they have? Where do they get their resources for building/smithing? What languages do they speak? Where do babies come from? etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum...

The third faction has to fit into the story and make sense. After 7 years of two factions with a strong story binding them together, it just doesn't make any sense to inject a third faction into the mix.
    Maybe founded by the Shado Pan. Who now that the mists are gone have decided to take the other races into trhier fold and help teach the world about the methods of pandaria and peace.

TBH Pandaria opens ALOT up story wise even in the future if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Maybe founded by the Shado Pan. Who now that the mists are gone have decided to take the other races into trhier fold and help teach the world about the methods of pandaria and peace.

TBH Pandaria opens ALOT up story wise even in the future if you think about it.
    Making third faction a neutral refuge for all existing races would be extremely cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Making third faction a neutral refuge for all existing races would be extremely cheap.
    Wellll not quite what i meant. It could be that similar to the Pandaren you get a quest chain as the OP suggested to join the Shado Pan Order. Their guards and city areas could be setup to maybe allow others in but no access to certain areas unless a memeber..

Oh and i for one had always hoped that goblins and pandaren would be used for a third neutral/mercenary faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll not quite what i meant. It could be that similar to the Pandaren you get a quest chain as the OP suggested to join the Shado Pan Order. Their guards and city areas could be setup to maybe allow others in but no access to certain areas unless a memeber..

Oh and i for one had always hoped that goblins and pandaren would be used for a third neutral/mercenary faction.
    It would still be weak. Third faction should be dark grey, instead of very light grey we see in alliance and horde. And not a refuge for existing races. New/modified races or nothing. As for leveling experience, make them start at high level. People will QQ for few months, but otherwise it would be ok.

Deleted
    I vote for murlocks faction with tidechief Mmmmgggrrrrlllll!!

I always want to be in a neutral faction who fight both of them 1vs2.