Thread: New Faction

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Faction

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I just think it would be awesome if a new faction was created for players that didn't want to be a part of the horde or alliance.. A faction that's only goal is eradicating the members of the other two factions kinda like the scourge but different in aspect..

This could benefit the game in bringing old players back and they could create a new main city in an area that isn't used much to make players see more of the outside world besides org or sw.

They could create a quest chain nothing huge that would make players betray their factions than join the new one. This would be really cool also seeing previous members of the horde and ally on the same teams in bgs or arena and they could have a more sinister or evil look since they would have done something horrible to there previous faction..

Thoughts ideas any other input?

And they shall be known as the Syndicate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    And they shall be known as the Syndicate.
    And they shall be known as the Twilight's Hammer.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

What ever they are lol it should be done!!!

Do we really need to have this same thread every single month?
    No it wouldn't work, maybe for wow2 or titan, wow is ENTIRELY built around a two faction system

Deleted
    Would be useless.

This would make leveling and PvP quite complex. Also moving a race from one faction to a new one will piss a decent amount of players off.

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Do we really need to have this same thread every single month?
    No it wouldn't work, maybe for wow2 or titan, wow is ENTIRELY built around a two faction system
    People like you make me laugh this could work and would be awesome! Tell me one reason why this wouldn't work?

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    This would make leveling and PvP quite complex. Also moving a race from one faction to a new one will piss a decent amount of players off.
    How would pvp be more complex and why would people be pissed off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    People like you make me laugh this could work and would be awesome! Tell me one reason why this wouldn't work?

Where does Faction 3 start in WSG? Where do they start in Arathi? What base do they use in Isle? Does killing a Horde player flag you against Faction 3? Does killing Faction 3 flag you against Alliance?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Well if they did a quest chain it would complicate the game. Someone does the quest now they can't play with their horde or ally friends. Also PvP. It would make CRZ on PvP servers a nightmare because your dealing with 2 factions. Either way you take it the end result just seems pointless and worse off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Where does Faction 3 start in WSG? Where do they start in Arathi? What base do they use in Isle? Does killing a Horde player flag you against Faction 3? Does killing Faction 3 flag you against Alliance?
    Also this^
    (If your gonna do a split up...keep it in the books only)

Deleted

No no no, it couldn't.

Nothing would have to change bg wise they could have it set up that two factions will face each other either horde vs ally , horde vs new faction and vice versa. As far as leveling goes I don't see an issue with this either when players of opposite factions meet up or run into each other while lvl on a pvp server they will fight this would jut add another faction to watch out for and make the game more fun!

Nothing would have to change bg wise they could have it set up that two factions will face each other either horde vs ally , horde vs new faction and vice versa. As far as leveling goes I don't see an issue with this either when players of opposite factions meet up or run into each other while lvl on a pvp server they will fight this would jut add another faction to watch out for and make the game more fun!
    I don't find the idea of getting duel faction ganked at the DP to be "fun". I am sure PvP servers will agree as well. One faction is enough.

Nothing would have to change bg wise they could have it set up that two factions will face each other either horde vs ally , horde vs new faction and vice versa.
    Except that all BG structures are themed either Horde or Alliance. Any other faction spawning in them is nonsense. You don't see why it would be stupid for a random OTHER faction to be using Night Elf glaivethrowers in Isle of Conquest?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Well, this is just spitballing, but, perhaps someone liked a race on say, the horde, and then the third faction would take that races faction away from the horde. Now, they can't play, raid or pvp with their friends they might have built up for years.

Unless you are suggesting a whole slew of newly made characters and people who decide to faction change to that faction will make up it's starting population. If that's the case, it's going to be hell to play on the faction for a couple years, unless blizzard forces transfers, which I placed up above, would piss people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Well for starters if your on a pvp server and not in a main city or it's area your already going to be flagged as far as normal servers if you would attack someone f an opposite faction than you are flagged for all three factions.

For wsg simple just re skin a base to the new faction easy as that. Everything your saying is impossible or wouldn't work is an easy fix. Blizzard has said in the past that race changing or faction changing was impossible now look its all here at our finger tips!! Adding a new faction to this game would make things so much more interesting in my eyes. It's not even like people would be forced to go to it just a simple player decision and after awhile if they don't like it let them faction change back to w/e they want. But make it so the only way to join the new faction would be to do the quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Well, this is just spitballing, but, perhaps someone liked a race on say, the horde, and then the third faction would take that races faction away from the horde. Now, they can't play, raid or pvp with their friends they might have built up for years.

Unless you are suggesting a whole slew of newly made characters and people who decide to faction change to that faction will make up it's starting population. If that's the case, it's going to be hell to play on the faction for a couple years, unless blizzard forces transfers, which I placed up above, would piss people off.
    This put the nail in the coffin for me.

Deleted
    Some servs are under populated.
    Are you sure that dividing them for a futile purpose which wouldn't add any interest in the game is a smart idea ?

3 factions would make balancing the game hell in terms of PvE and PvP starting areas. Though I wouldn't be surprised if a future expansion did introduce a third faction. Blizzard could just create a new continent or add on to the existing map. Hell, Azeroth was remade in Cataclysm which dramatically changed all the zones.

If a 3rd faction was added though, a criminal sort of faction would be awesome.

For wsg simple just re skin a base to the new faction easy as that.
    You cannot simply retexture a building and call it a new faction's stronghold. I don't know if you've noticed but the Alliance and Horde architecture is completely different. The third faction would have to either deal with simple pallet swaps (which isn't something Blizzard would be willing to do, be unfair to the aesthetic / identity of the 3rd faction, and be spectacularly lazy) OR they have to actually create and put new buildings in the BGs in place of the old ones depending on which 2 factions load into any given BG to PVP one another. Which would also involve restructuring the terrain to fit the new buildings properly.

So you would need to make multiple different WSG maps and change the queueing system to compensate for this.

Right now we have Warsong Gulch (1 map)

You'd need:
    Warsong Gulch Classic
    Warsong Gulch Alliance Vs. 3rd
    Warsong Gulch Horde Vs. 3rd.

This idea is a disaster. Also can you imagine how awful things like Wintergrasp would become with 3 factions fighting openly over the buildings? Tol Barad would be even worse -- it works purely because there are 2 factions and 3 bases.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice