Thread: Tanks in pvp

Tanks in pvp

why is it even allowed?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Because tanks counters healers, and your pvp trinket is your best friend when fighting a guardian druid, that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    Because tanks counters healers, and your pvp trinket is your best friend when fighting a guardian druid, that's why
    uh...what, that makes no sense.

Because defending and flags.
    Answer to match the question...

Because when you start restricting roles, where does it end?
    What's next; 'why are healers allowed in PvP?'
    We'd need a whole new role: 'PvP.'

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Because when you start restricting roles, where does it end?
    What's next; 'why are healers allowed in PvP?'
    We'd need a whole new role: 'PvP.'
    Removing healers from PvP would make the game 10x faster paced and much more skillful. There's a reason most PvP games don't allow healers.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Removing healers from PvP would make the game 10x faster paced and much more skillful. There's a reason most PvP games don't allow healers.
    More fast paced? I'm pretty sure people are still dying in 4-5 seconds right now. How would it make it more skillful at all?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    More fast paced? I'm pretty sure people are still dying in 4-5 seconds right now. How would it make it more skillful at all?
    If you die in 4-5 seconds, you're comically bad. It's literally impossible for anyone to die in 4-5 seconds if you have trinket and class cooldowns ready and above-preschool-level awereness skills.

If you die in 4-5 seconds, you're comically bad. It's literally impossible for anyone to die in 4-5 seconds if you have trinket and class cooldowns ready and above-preschool-level awereness skills.
    and a healer....

^god this made me laugh when i woke up

because tanks make good fcs and 1 man defenders because it takes a while to kill em

i actually switched to playing a brewmaster in pvp recently and its been hella fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh, someone playing melee got killed by a blood dk again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, you can't win Arathi as horde without a tank (at least on russian battlegroups). Because 1/3 will take farm, 1/3 will die on LM, 1/3 will take GM and we will end with 2 defenseless capped points, because all players will try to take stables. As a tank you can defend point even only by yourself much longer. If you can stand 30 seconds, someone will res on graveyard and help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

or the fact most pvp games aren't based on a rbg....

and more skillful, no.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:40 AM ----------

uh...what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trolling.

Deleted
    It most definitely would not. Also what MMORPGs don't have healers in PvP? This is a genuine question since I've only tried a few and all of them have had healers in PvP.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Um yeah, warr/feral/etc. connects on me, I'll just use shamanistic/thunderstorm and use my sick 10k/ticks healing tide. JK TROLOLOL WARBRINGERSHOCKWAVEAVATARHEROICLEAPBERSERKRAVAGERAVAGERAVAGEDASHPOUNCEFEROBITE!

Obviously I'm a bad player.
    Pretty much this exactly. Having Kitty Cleave connect with you and shockwave you you're pretty much dead without any peels, funny part is those two dps have a trinket also. Play an arena this season. If your healer gets feared around a corner, or CC'd in pretty much any way, there are 2-3 classes that will just flat out kill someone if 2 people are focusing you. "Comically bad." Have you payed any attention to this season?