Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Dunno, I think banning/locking is too little. You intended to use a service with no inclination of paying, thats called stealing and they tend to put people in jail for that, or either massively fine them.

Count yourself lucky you got away so lightly, locked account but chance to pay it off and unlock your account, I'd have banned you.

Either way you've had your answers, you either enjoy the game enough to fork up the money to play again, or you don't.
    Yeah, I know. But jail is not needed when you get a lock on your account.

That's going over the top.

I will see if I am going to play or not. Though decision for me.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yeah, I know. But jail is not needed when you get a lock on your account.

That's going over the top.

I will see if I am going to play or not. Though decision for me.
    And you don't think stealing is over the top?...

Deleted
    And you don't think stealing is over the top?...
    But I expected punishment like I said, in the form of locking my char.

I was ready to give that char up, I was prepared to pay for it by not being able to play it again.

Except I got an unexpected other kind of punishment. Hehe.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-29 at 02:48 AM.

Ive transferred servers/factions changed 20+ times and i have NEVER seen on option to pay later, i think you just found a little bug and you didnt expect them to catch it, dont try to cheat the system and this wont happen. I actually wish they would charge you more just because you thought you were so slick.

But I expected punishment like I said, in the form of locking my char.

I was ready to give that char up, I was prepared to pay for it by not being able to play it again.
    Oh that makes the stealing all ok then, you were ready to give up that character! ...

Stealing = bad
    Paying back the business for your stolen service = good
    Whether you end up playing WoW again = up to you

Deleted
    Oh that makes the stealing all ok then, you were ready to give up that character! ...

Stealing = bad
    Paying back the business for your stolen service = good
    Whether you end up playing WoW again = up to you
    No, I said I was ready for the consequences.

In real life I never stole a thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Hate you break it to you, but you have. You used a service with the intention of not paying for it. This is called theft. You have stolen.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Pay them. Then come back here and make a thread when you get banned for something ridiculous so we can all laugh at you (again).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by septor View Post
    Pay them. Then come back here and make a thread when you get banned for something ridiculous so we can all laugh at you (again).
    Yeah, you are just mean.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Hate you break it to you, but you have. You used a service with the intention of not paying for it. This is called theft. You have stolen.
    Guess you are right, but I only saw it as dealing with the consequences of doing something bad. Never thought of it as theft.

Deleted
    Heirlooms are overrated. Not worth the hassle of server transfers just to use them

Last I knew this is real life. Blizzard is a real life business, just like any shop, or cafe etc. Just because its all done online doesn't mean its not *real* it's the same as if you had stolen a magazine out of a news agents, you might be prepared for the consequences (which I might add may end up waay worse than the current locking of your account, could end up with a hefty fine, or community service or even jail depending on country), but that doesn't cancel out the fact you stole something in the real world.

Deleted
    in real life you tried to obtain money from your account when you knew that there was none in the account and you didn't have an overdraft and then proceeded to obtained services without intention of paying for them which is fraud.

fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain, Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud. Personally I hope they read this and realize you knew exactly what you where doing (since you admitted to knowing there was no money in the account at the time that you used the character move service) and then proceed to perm ban you.

Dont know about Netherlands, but in the UK
    Section 11 of the Act makes it a statutory offence to obtain services dishonestly; meaning that services which were to be paid for were obtained with the knowledge or intention that no payment would be made. A person found guilty of this will be liable to a fine or imprisonment for up to twelve months on summary conviction (six months in Northern Ireland), or a fine or imprisonment for up to five years on conviction on indictment
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-01-29 at 03:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    in real life you tried to obtain money from your account when you knew that there was none in the account and you didn't have an overdraft and then proceeded to obtained services without intention of paying for them which is fraud.

fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain, Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud. Personally I hope they read this and realize you knew exactly what you where doing (since you admitted to knowing there was no money in the account at the time that you used the character move service) and then proceed to perm ban you.

Dont know about Netherlands, but in the UK
    Section 11 of the Act makes it a statutory offence to obtain services dishonestly; meaning that services which were to be paid for were obtained with the knowledge or intention that no payment would be made. A person found guilty of this will be liable to a fine or imprisonment for up to twelve months on summary conviction (six months in Northern Ireland), or a fine or imprisonment for up to five years on conviction on indictment
    Alright guess I will just pay up then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally for that stunt i would hope you got banned for life.
    It not nice tricking a company like that.
    Now since it happened I would pay for that transfer to open your account again. Cause if you ever desire to come back playing, you would still have the account.
    Don't know what terms of service is if you don't pay within a reasonable time, but i guess they will perma lock your account.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    One thing though, why is everybody wishing me perma bans or jail. I mean if I pay up, it will be fixed. Don't see why it is necessary to be so hateful towards me, I can always pay and fix it. Besides, my account got locked, so I got my deserved punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just wondering if I should pay and play again.
    How on earth is this a question that any of us can answer? I still can't figure out how you even got the character transfer to happen "without paying". Just like with the subscription fee, blizzard authorizes the correct amount of money before providing the service. There is no "buy now, pay later" option. There's definitely something you either aren't telling us or you yourself don't understand. Regardless, you have given none of us a reason to care. Your "dilemma" is over whether you want to pay for the service you (somehow) stole in order for you to continue playing a video game. I don't see where the internal debate comes into play. Do it or don't; what's the difference?

You also seem to be pretty hostile towards the people responding to your meaningless thread, so it appears you already have all the answers.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2013-01-29 at 03:44 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    One thing though, why is everybody wishing me perma bans or jail. I mean if I pay up, it will be fixed. Don't see why it is necessary to be so hateful towards me, I can always pay and fix it. Besides, my account got locked, so I got my deserved punishment.
    well for me personally it would be to teach you a lesson in ethic's. Stealing / Fraud is a serious crime and should have severe consequences. Had you have said " I tried to move my character but didn't realize that I didn't have money in the account now my account is locked" then the tone of the posts would have no doubt been much different. you might have had people laugh at you for a silly mistake. However you openly admitted that you knew what you where doing and where looking for a way to get around it.

from personal experience of having been defrauded by people in the past I have an absolute zero tolerance for people who admit to it, and try to get away with it. If it was up to me and I worked at blizzard every single case like this would be referred to the lawyers looking to prosecute.

This thread seems to have gone past it's usefullness and should be left to die, you came here and did not like the responses you got and continue to justify your position.

Deleted
    I didn't read all the replies, but if I was in your situation from the first post I'd just pay up. Not worth the hassle of getting your account locked like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I think I deserved this but here is the story:

I once quit WoW then a friend threw me SoR (Scroll of Ressurection).

I accepted and hastily chose my troll hunter.

Little did I know I transferred a large amount of heirlooms with him.

I found out after 1 month and they refused to put my heirlooms on my other char on the the other server back.

Well, I found out a way to get my heirlooms back later.

I transferred a character with all the heirlooms on him back to my old server, never intending to pay.

Now in the old days they would just lock your character, but now they locked my entire account until I pay the 20 euros.

I was only expecting that particular character to get locked after several days...

Thing is I want to play again but......not sure if it is worth paying the full 33 euros to play again.

What would you do?

Oh and don't start, I guess they have their rules and it's deserved.

But would you pay that much to play again?
    I call bullshit, how do you even get the transfer without paying? I sent my DK over to Frostmourne with a faction change about a month ago, I was a few dollars short and it said that there was an error, contact billing for further information etc. etc.

My friends have had many race changes and transfers and never have any of them been able to use the service until the money was taken from their bank account.