Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Account locked :(

Ok I think I deserved this but here is the story:

I once quit WoW then a friend threw me SoR (Scroll of Ressurection).

I accepted and hastily chose my troll hunter.

Little did I know I transferred a large amount of heirlooms with him.

I found out after 1 month and they refused to put my heirlooms on my other char on the the other server back.

Well, I found out a way to get my heirlooms back later.

I transferred a character with all the heirlooms on him back to my old server, never intending to pay.

Now in the old days they would just lock your character, but now they locked my entire account until I pay the 20 euros.

I was only expecting that particular character to get locked after several days...

Thing is I want to play again but......not sure if it is worth paying the full 33 euros to play again.

What would you do?

Oh and don't start, I guess they have their rules and it's deserved.

But would you pay that much to play again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I think I get this, but just to make sure. You transferred a char with the heirlooms back to wherever, quickly removed the heirlooms, and then expected them to lock that char, but not your account?

If so, I have no idea how you got around paying them in the first place, but w/e. If so, I also think you just tried to be a bit too smart with this whole thing and it came back to bite you in the ass.

And yes, I would pay that to play again if I ever got into this kind of bizarre situation, cause I like playing the game, and I'd figure it's my own damn fault for trying to trick them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wait, I think I get this, but just to make sure. You transferred a char with the heirlooms back to wherever, quickly removed the heirlooms, and then expected them to lock that char, but not your account?

If so, I have no idea how you got around paying them in the first place, but w/e. If so, I also think you just tried to be a bit too smart with this whole thing and it came back to bite you in the ass.

And yes, I would pay that to play again if I ever got into this kind of bizarre situation, cause I like playing the game, and I'd figure it's my own damn fault for trying to trick them.
    Trying to trick them? It was almost gauranteed to work as a character of mine had this too a while ago. Except then it was accidental and something with the bank went wrong and I did actually want to pay them.

So it worked at some point in time, how should I know they fixed that?

Yes it came back to bite me in the ass.

So you used their paid service and recieved the service offered, and then refused to pay for the service? I assume you blocked the payment through your bank or some such thing? ...WoW just wow..

Anyway, yes I would pay the money, not because I just wanted to get back into my account, but because you pretty much stole from them... But I also enjoy the game so would want to play again, and remind myself to never be so silly ever again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    So you used their paid service and recieved the service offered, and then refused to pay for the service? I assume you blocked the payment through your bank or some such thing? ...WoW just wow..

Anyway, yes I would pay the money, not because I just wanted to get back into my account, but because you pretty much stole from them... But I also enjoy the game so would want to play again, and remind myself to never be so silly ever again.
    No, why would I block a payment I did not make at all?

And we get it, the drama factor you can leave out.

that's irresponsible.
    "would you pay that much to play again?"
    majority would; they already pay $15 a month. :|

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No, why would I block a payment I did not make at all?

And we get it, the drama factor you can leave out.
    I don't understand how you managed to get the service (transfer) but not pay for it, isn't it automatic, you enter your bank details in, to purchase a transfer?
    Been a while since I did a transfer, but I remember having to pay using a debit/credit card on the spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I don't understand how you managed to get the service (transfer) but not pay for it, isn't it automatic, you enter your bank details in, to purchase a transfer?
    Been a while since I did a transfer, but I remember having to pay using a debit/credit card on the spot.
    I don't know.

You just choose to transfer a character then opt to pay later or something? :P

But I never did.

Trying to trick them? It was almost gauranteed to work as a character of mine had this too a while ago. Except then it was accidental and something with the bank went wrong and I did actually want to pay them.

So it worked at some point in time, how should I know they fixed that?

Yes it came back to bite me in the ass.
    I'd like to point out that it working once does not mean it's almost guaranteed to work a second time.

If it was me (and I wasn't in a rut concerning WoW, as I am at the moment), I would probably pay. Of course, I'd never try to pull something like that off in the first place.

I don't know.

But I never did.
    Thats new to me then, I haven't seen that option anywhere, they usually don't finish the transfer unless you have paid o.o

Deleted
    If you did say that you would pay later and didnt i think its right of them to lock your account. What you did isnt even legal in some countrys. You did make a deal with them and didnt do you part of the deal. So pay they money or stop play.

So basically, you used a paid service to get the service without wanting to pay? Well, tough. Whether you intend to play anymore or not you should still pay, since you owe them. I agree that crap is overpriced big time, but they get to set the cost, not us.

Deleted
    Three words: You deserve it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Three words: You deserve it
    Well thank you for stating the obvious sir. That was helpful.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    So basically, you used a paid service to get the service without wanting to pay? Well, tough. Whether you intend to play anymore or not you should still pay, since you owe them. I agree that crap is overpriced big time, but they get to set the cost, not us.
    Yeah true, took a risk and lost. :P

Deleted
    I don't know.

But I never did.
    I'm not sure I even believe this - certainly on the European server you have to pay for a service at the point you use it, e.g. no pay, no service.

I'm assuming he did a chargeback with his credit card or something similar, since there is not option to not pay.

OP yes, you might as well pay up. You will sooner or later anyway, and it's not like they're asking for a fine, they're just wanting the normal costs, it's not at all unreasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by +Katjá+ View Post
    I'm not sure I even believe this - certainly on the European server you have to pay for a service at the point you use it, e.g. no pay, no service.
    You don't have to. But I am sure I never charged anything back.

To be fair, I didn't even have any money on my bank at the time, but I am not allowed to go in the minus with my money. Guess that did it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I'm assuming he did a chargeback with his credit card or something similar, since there is not option to not pay.

OP yes, you might as well pay up. You will sooner or later anyway, and it's not like they're asking for a fine, they're just wanting the normal costs, it's not at all unreasonable.
    I know, it's not unreasonable.

Just wondering if I should ever come back or just never play the game again and avoid it forever. The money barrier makes it easier. :P

You stole fruit from a fruit vendor once but the second time he tripped you and you skinned your little knees? What was the question again.....better yet how can you question this action at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    You stole fruit from a fruit vendor once but the second time he tripped you and you skinned your little knees? What was the question again.....better yet how can you question this action at all?
    Maybe if you read you can see I don't question it.

I am just wondering if I should pay and play again. The money barrier makes it easier to resist.

Your petty metaphors made me laugh though.

Thing is I want to play again but......not sure if it is worth paying the full 33 euros to play again.

What would you do?

Oh and don't start, I guess they have their rules and it's deserved.

But would you pay that much to play again?
    What, precisely do you hope to gain from this thread?

If you want to open a new account, go hit up the RAF thread and get a leveling buddy.

All you're gonna find here saying: "I circumvented the paid services systems, they caught me, and banned my account" are a bunch of people saying: "You deserved it."

That being said: Heirlooms -really- need to be movable across servers already.