Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Heroic MV boss next?

So my guild is relatively new to the heroic scene. We're 16/16 and have 3/16 HM kills under our belt (Stone Guardians, Feng, and Garajal). We are all at about 942 ilvl give or take 1 item level. We only raid once a week for 3 hours. Which heroic boss do you guys suggest we tackle next? I'm leaning between Spirit Kings and Elegon. What do you guys think? Any tips and advice on the upcoming bosses are appreciated too.

Quote Originally Posted by wownerd2012 View Post
    So my guild is relatively new to the heroic scene. We're 16/16 and have 3/16 HM kills under our belt (Stone Guardians, Feng, and Garajal). We are all at about 942 ilvl give or take 1 item level. We only raid once a week for 3 hours. Which heroic boss do you guys suggest we tackle next? I'm leaning between Spirit Kings and Elegon. What do you guys think? Any tips and advice on the upcoming bosses are appreciated too.
    Elegon is easier than Garajal. You don't need to reset stacks as often either, 15-19 is good long as you're all in range for dispel. Spirit kings will take you pulls to learn. Elegon you could go in with a rotation to handle the add explosions and one shot it providing your healers know one has to go out and heal the soaker up to at least 80%.

I'd say elegon -> blade lord = wind lord > spirit kings > will > lei shi> amber > zorlok

You could put garalon anywhere after windlord as it's just a pure dps check especially if 2t/3 healing. Personally, I'd say its harder than lei shi though.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-29 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Elegon is a joke compared to spirit kings imo. It's virtually same as normal, but with 492 ilvl should be a walk-over since he only has like 15% more hp on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Elegon is a joke compared to spirit kings imo. It's virtually same as normal, but with 492 ilvl should be a walk-over since he only has like 15% more hp on heroic.
    Maybe we shouldn't waste time on Spirit King pulls this week then huh?

Deleted
    Elegon is easier than Spirit Kings. As others have pointed out already, theres hardly any changes to normal.

Spirit Kings requires a bit more raid awareness / teamwork, but the fight is easier to learn since the order is now fixed.

If you do try them, pop bloodlust when Subetai activates, burst Qiang down, and it's a lot easier from there imo. Good luck!

Elegon is not a hard heroic.

Spirit Kings is a decently difficult heroic.

I'd say both Blade Lord Ta'yak and especially Wind Lord Mel'jarak are easier than Spirit Kings too. Garalon is a little bit harder on the gear requirements but mechanics wise much easier than Spirit Kings too.

Note: I do 25's. We're 10/16H and our order was Stone Guard, Feng, Gara'jal, Elegon, Spirit Kings, Blade Lord, Wind Lord, Garalon, Will, Lei Shi. If we had it to do over again would've done Wind Lord and Blade Lord before Spirit Kings.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-01-29 at 07:49 AM.

For us spirit kings hasn't been a big problem, too. I think we had about 20 wipes and then they were down. It is like a lot of people said: If you manage to kill the first guy and spread out before the second guy pins you down you nearly have won. The only big thing that could happen is the third guy with his wipe shield, but if everybody can just keep their fingers from their damage knobs this also isn't a big problem.
    If you try them: Remember that the shield on the first guy can only be removed by dispells that don't target the boss directly (like mass dispell - actually I don't know any other ability that could do that). That was our first 3-4 wipes till we realised that you can't use a normal dispell, because that will also trigger the shield. For P1 put some world marks on the floor and make the tank say to which position he is running on flanking orders. Plus you should also run in with people stacked. If you don't your tank will be single hit. We also did it with one tank and three healers. Our healers said it would even have been possible with one tank and two healers if nobody messes something up.

But I would also say that Elegon is even easier Same as normal with even less damage during P1. P3 is harsh in terms of damage, but you should go for 5/5 stacks at least so he will die very fast in P3.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elegon would be your best bet, and then Blade Lord>Wind Lord>Spirit Kings>Emperor>Garalon, and probably lei shi or vizier after. There's nothing really hard about spriit kings and it's a very fun fight (jmo) elegon is a joke as others have said, seemed easier than normal....

Deleted
    We did Elegon, took 3 tries, next week we did Spirit Kings, about 30 tries and this week we did Will, 20 tries.

That's the rough breakdown in difficulty, it more or less depends on pro warlock for Elegon(*hint hint*), non-shitters for shield on Spirit Kings and a rogue for soaking on Will(holy fuck, so easy, one guy soaking 90% of sparks without any shields or cooldowns, feint OP).

Elegon is almost easier on heroic than normal

We did the order of Stone Guard > Feng > Garajal > Elegon > Blade Lord > Wind Lord > Spirit Kings .....

Having killed kings this week we were decided upon our next course of action which is likely to be either Will or protectors, not sure yet tho most likely will as it fits into a raid week easier (clearing/farming etc)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

If your raiders have any raid awareness and can move as a group Spirit Kings is not complicated. The hardest part the very first transition. Slow your raid dps right before the 30% mark and hold till immediately after a no damage period. Pop hero and go to town, potion and all cool downs. With any luck you should have the first boss dead before the second one starts causing any problems. From there its pretty much a kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windchilll View Post
    Elegon is easier than Spirit Kings. As others have pointed out already, theres hardly any changes to normal.

Spirit Kings requires a bit more raid awareness / teamwork, but the fight is easier to learn since the order is now fixed.

If you do try them, pop bloodlust when Subetai activates, burst Qiang down, and it's a lot easier from there imo. Good luck!
    If they have the gear he say u should instead use hero on the last trans phase to get over with meng faster, since the first trans u just use your cds and then its no problem to make it before rain of arrows. Watch your tank on meng he are going to take massive hits when meng have much rage/energy

looking more and more like we should skip spirit kings and jump to elegon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wownerd2012 View Post
    I'm leaning between Spirit Kings and Elegon. What do you guys think? Any tips and advice on the upcoming bosses are appreciated too.
    Elegon will be next option. Nice upgrad's for all

Do Elegon. SK is the hardest boss in the instance on heroic because of the learning curve and unforgiving nature of the encounter, and probably the hardest of the first 9 heroics (MSV and bosses 2, 3, 4 in Hof). You can always scoot over to Hof if you kill H elegon relatively quickly and start working on blade lord.

Go for elegon its really easy if u have a Warlock. Even without its really easy. Then go for Bladelorde and windlord. Windlord beeing the easiest boss with 1-2 priest in this tier imo. Garalon is just managing kiters and legdps which takes a couple of trys, Spirit kings is very frustrating because after the hard part(first boss 30%-0%) you still have to learn 75% of the fight and almost every small fail is a wipe. Giving us your raidsetup would help alot to tell u which bosses to go to next

Agree with the people above that Spirit Kings is a pain in the ass and has a pretty steep learning curve and unforgiving mechanics. For us it took around 50 wipes to do it, although with a lot of unnecessary personail fails like annihilation and stuff... but still a pain. First transition there is the hardest part. Third boss is a pain when people fail on the shield or slack on killing the orbs. Once you get to last boss in a stabile situation it is, however, a pretty much guaranteed kill.

Elegon seems fairly easy if you have decent gear, the main source of fails for us is getting a messy transition to the last burn phase if the sparks go out of control or agro people. Other than that it is fairly simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yop, Elegon. Got him to 9% last evening within 8 tries. We now know we need all defensive cooldowns for last phase and not just a few ones :P
    Aim for two Protectors until 85%. He will do the breath shortly before he summons the third one. If you manage to get him from 86 to 85% during the breath, he will switch phase.

And 4 Protectors until 50% If I remember correctly.

I'm sure my raid group will down him on Monday
    Then the Blade & Wind Lord will be the next ones.

Good luck!
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    And 4 Protectors until 50% If I remember correctly.
    Might get it with 3, but need to have a 4th soaker just in case.