View Poll Results: Will you race change to Troll for 5.2 Throne of Thunder ?

Voters
76. This poll is closed
  • Yes

19 25.00%
  • No

57 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay, okay, enough with the off-topic stuff guys, back on track.

This thread is about trolls. There is plenty of fawning still to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    wrong, trolls are the worst race of all time because being a cannibal primitive is pathetic
    we gonna throw down now

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Me and my brother have a common ancestor, doesn't mean i evolved from my brother.
    you don't know what a common ancestor is, do you. I'm not talking about family groups. Common ancestor to cetaceans -> ambulocetus. Do you know what a cetacean is?

you said that it would be "On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength" Reverting to a chimpanzee implies that A) humans evolved from chimpanzees and that B) Chimpanzees are a less evolved form of life. Neither of which is true.
    Reverting to a chimpanzee would be an image people can understand because I doubt most people know what an australopithecus and I haven't learned enough to know if they determined what *its* ancestors were. Chimpanzees are a simpler form of life compared to a humans. They lack the opposable thumb, complex brains, tool-making abilities and abilities to run over long distances that humans have at their simplest.

Don't be a smartass when you say something blatantly wrong and get called out on it
    It's called being SMART not a "smartass". Im sorry this is beyond your ken but you wanted to take a joke and dissect it to attempt to prove what? you can read wikipedia?

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    we gonna throw down now
    elf vs troll was already recorded in the annals of Azeroth history. You guys lost so bad you've been bitter and destitute ever since

Might be a little too overpowered. It worked on the ToC Northrend Beasts tho.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    you don't know what a common ancestor is, do you. I'm not talking about family groups. Common ancestor to cetaceans -> ambulocetus. Do you know what a cetacean is?

Reverting to a chimpanzee would be an image people can understand because I doubt most people know what an australopithecus and I haven't learned enough to know if they determined what *its* ancestors were. Chimpanzees are a simpler form of life compared to a humans. They lack the opposable thumb, complex brains, tool-making abilities and abilities to run over long distances that humans have at their simplest.

It's called being SMART not a "smartass". Im sorry this is beyond your ken but you wanted to take a joke and dissect it to attempt to prove what? you can read wikipedia?

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:00 PM ----------

elf vs troll was already recorded in the annals of Azeroth history. You guys lost so bad you've been bitter and destitute ever since
    Not going to bother answering the first two, since you will just assume I read wikipedia. (also, I said less evolved, not simpler. I choose my words carefully)

The purpose is to dispel ignorance which is much to prevalent in today's society.

OT: Trolls are best race because Troll Dance is best Dance
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I'll stick with Femtaur since they're my favorite race. Unless I was doing world's firsts, I would never race change.

18 people are actually planning to race change for a little possible buff? Blizzard must make a fortune with their race changing service :S

As a tank, I have no reason to race change anyway. I'll stick with my tauren. Even if I was a dps, I'd never race change for that :P

Most of my toons are already Trolls ... so no changing for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    no, because im healer and im a troll :3

On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength. nty
    Your comparison is actually wrong, since NE did not evolve from trolls, its in fact troll AND night elves who evolved from a common ancestor...just saying

on topic: even if they gonna give trolls a 20% passive boost, m orc for life!
    Last edited by Wolfster; 2013-01-29 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    18 people are actually planning to race change for a little possible buff?
    Small?! 5% is a shitload of dmg, i sim 120k in femaledwarf as BM and 5% of that is 6k dps, thats like 2 items.
    If all the dps that can be troll in a raid are, that's almost 1 extra player.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-03-02 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Lol right. Do you honestly think Blizzard is going to give a race that big of an advantage over all others? The bosses may be tagged as beasts, but I'm almost 100% sure that trolls 5% damage boost against beasts won't work on them.
    It's a Horde race, don't entire discount the idea.

And isn't there some kind of weapon enchantment that you can buy which will boost your dps against beasts?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    It's a Horde race, don't entire discount the idea.

And isn't there some kind of weapon enchantment that you can buy which will boost your dps against beasts?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13653 not exactly worth dumping any current enchants to get :P

A race should either be attractive (read: Aesthetically pleasing, not sexy) , or have good racials. The curious case with the Alliance is that Humans have both and Dwarves/Gnomes have neither
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-03-02 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13653 not exactly worth dumping any current enchants to get :P
    lol yes, I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Me and my brother have a common ancestor, doesn't mean i evolved from my brother. you said that it would be "On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength" Reverting to a chimpanzee implies that A) humans evolved from chimpanzees and that B) Chimpanzees are a less evolved form of life. Neither of which is true.

Don't be a smartass when you say something blatantly wrong and get called out on it
    dont make dumb posts then get mad when people talk about how dumb they are

10+ Year Old Account
    They've got to change this. Sure, in the past some races have had advantages in some situations but this is a bit too far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They've got to change this. Sure, in the past some races have had advantages in some situations but this is a bit too far.
    They will not nerf racial perks because of one raid. Instead the bosses are not really beasts like it has always been, except a few tamable exceptions.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They will not nerf racial perks because of one raid. Instead the bosses are not really beasts like it has always been, except a few tamable exceptions.
    I mean the situation, they have to change something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls were already awesome thank you very much!
    Aye mate