Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    What... you cant mispronounce a name in a different language. its a name, its not a noun. John is John in every language cause that's his name. Its only called Sixtine/Sixteen/etc by people who think they know what they are talking about after mishearing it on TV.
    A name is a noun, it's a proper noun as opposed to a common noun.

What... you cant mispronounce a name in a different language. its a name, its not a noun. John is John in every language cause that's his name. Its only called Sixtine/Sixteen/etc by people who think they know what they are talking about after mishearing it on TV.
    John is Johannes in my language. And the chapel is called "Sixtinische Kapelle".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Called "Sixtine" in many languages.
    is this an english forum or what? :\
    Last edited by Yossarian; 2013-01-29 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Eygpttian Architecture in that zone was built by the Titan's creations not the Titan's themselves.
    The Chinese themes again are based around the Mogu again created by the Titans and remodeled the Titans design in their image. Ra-den looks like Thorim.

Also this is taken from Wowwiki http://www.wowwiki.com/Titan

There are two known races of titans (aesir and vanir). The Pantheon are the leaders of the titans and some of the universe’s most powerful entities. Their figure is humanoid but gigantic, with gleaming metallic skin and a perfection of form that makes the heart ache.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86sir

If you want to explain the Egyptian and Chinese themes after the Titans left their underlings decided to redecorate.
    The Titans built the facilities in Northrend, and Created the Watchers who Inhabited it. The Titans specificially made them look the way they did. Lokein, Thorm, Freyia et all were made that way by the Titans.

The Titans ALSO built the Facilities in Uldum. Why did they decide to make those facilities Pyramids instead of Ulduar Like Complexes? (If you honestly believe the Titans left the building of the Halls of Origination, which were capable of REFORMATTING THE PLANET to their creations, instead of overseeing it Themselves, you are crazy). Why were the Titan Constructs created in Uldum by the Titans so visibly different from the Northrend Constructs? Why were all the Guardians in the Halls of Origination made with an Egyptian theme?

The answer is because the Titans THEMSELVES do not have a basic "earth mythos" background, but blizzard is quite happy to have them use various "earth mythos" backgrounds in their work when plopping Titan constructs around their world, so they fit with the Theme of the Zone.

Yes, many Titan constructs will look like "miniature" versions of the titans Themselves (things like the Lorekeepers, some Watchers, and things), but that does not mean that the titans favour one "mythos background" over another themslves.

The Titans are not Inherently Norse, or Greco-roman, or Sumerian or whatever, they Just Are.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-01-29 at 09:29 AM.

what? it's not a proper name
    btw according to your reasoning you should call it Cappella Sistina, or Sacellum Sixtinum

10+ Year Old Account
    Eygpttian Architecture in that zone was built by the Titan's creations not the Titan's themselves.
    The tol'vir built the Ulduar structures as well as the Uldum ones. They were turned into obsidian destroyers by the nerubians, hence why they aren't in Northrend anymore.

Who knows what, if any, titan-architecture we've seen is the 'real' titan style.

Deleted
    to those saying/thinking the angels are val'kyr i don't think that is possible.
    wyrmrest is a titan structure right? so i believe the artwork in there is also titan.
    And the val'kyr came much later after the titans left if i am not mistaken.

ofcourse this is all just forgetting that is could be an easteregg towards that chappel people are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The tol'vir built the Ulduar structures as well as the Uldum ones. They were turned into obsidian destroyers by the nerubians, hence why they aren't in Northrend anymore.

Who knows what, if any, titan-architecture we've seen is the 'real' titan style.
    I think looking for 'real' titan style would be just as pointless as looking for 'real' human style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    My bet is they are some angelic titan lackeys of sorts in the picture, maybe we will encounter them someday.

Deleted
    first off, looks kinda cool ^^
    secondly, i think the titans were kinda pre occupied with the old gods and creating the races of azeroth, so my guess would be they would let the dragons and decorated their own temple (and maybe they just took the winged humans idea from the fact that they can transform into human like races so its symbolic for a dragon in disguise?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    is this an english forum or what? :\
    What's the point in going all out grammar nazi (for the lack of a better word) on the original poster when everyone understood his point? He probably only knew the latin and his native language's name of the chapel.

I've always just assumed those paintings are of spirit healers.
    Though the wyrmrest temple is a titan construction, it is not out of the question that it was humans or dragons that actually painted it to give it that nice shiny new dragon-lair feel.
    Its very possible that they were painted by humans that have felt the cold touch of death, but got sent back by a spirit healer.
    also for the people that want to know more about the val'kyr / spirit healer connection :The Mysterious connection between Val'kyr and Spirit healers

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not completely true..., for example: my name is Juan, but when i go to U.S people often call me Jean and my second name is Miguel but in U.S i'm called Michael...

Many names changes depending the language.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    That's not completely true..., for example: my name is Juan, but when i go to U.S people often call me Jean and my second name is Miguel but in U.S i'm called Michael...

Many names changes depending the language.
    Erm at least where I live in the US you would be called Juan Miguel, not sure why the heck they would change it o.O

Well I my theory about how how the the Darkness Sylvannas saw chibi-Arthas in, Malfurion sensed beneath the waves, and Ra'den speaks of may be related a to a Netherworld still has me wondering if this is what Blizzard is leaning toward.
    I thought the prevailing theory for the origin of the darkness that Malfurion sensed coming from the Rift of Aln (which is the Maelstrom as seen in the Emerald Dream) was Ny'alotha, the home of N'Zoth?

Ny'alotha is theorized to be somewhere near the Maelstrom, maybe even directly beneath it, based on what the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...
    The drowned god's heart is black ice...
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.

It is also theorized to be near the Maelstrom because that's where the Highborne were turned into Naga after Azshara made a pact with an Old God.

I don't think that the dark void that Sylvanas saw after jumping from the Frozen Throne is the same as the darkness that Malfurion sensed coming from the Rift of Aln.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-29 at 02:18 PM.

Also no species we've faced yet resembles Angelic figures (Winged humans)
    Didn't read much of the rest of the thread but uh..what about Val'kyr? They look exactly like angels?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...al'kyr.jpg

I think that's just a white spirit healer lol

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

There are two known races of titans (aesir and vanir). The Pantheon are the leaders of the titans and some of the universe’s most powerful entities. Their figure is humanoid but gigantic, with gleaming metallic skin and a perfection of form that makes the heart ache.
    That information was retconned a long time ago, you are out of date. The aesir and vanir terms now refer to Earth and Storm Giants, and has since WOTLK.

The Titans are designed to be a cosmic representation of all real life "Godly Pantheons", this includes Norse, Greek, Egyptian, and Roman. The first ever representation of Titan architecture in the game was Uldaman, which carried heavy greco-roman themes. The wyrmrest painting is simply attaching christian themes to it as well.

And the val'kyr came much later after the titans left if i am not mistaken.
    The Vrykul were created by the Titans much in the same way the Earthen were created. When the curse of flesh took hold of them, and the Titans left, they turned to darkness and evil. Actually, considering the Lich King can only turn female Vrykul into Val'kyr, it may be possible that the Val'kyr abilities are actually latent in the race from their old Titan origin, and the Lich King simply learned of a way to spin that form into his own needs.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-01-29 at 02:46 PM.

Yeah, the Titans are basically all polytheistic religions rolled into one package of creator beings. Which you could argue catholic christianity is part of to a degree, which all their saints and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Erm at least where I live in the US you would be called Juan Miguel, not sure why the heck they would change it o.O
    Various reasons why one would change a name, not the least of which is that in some cases, they'd be literally unable to pronounce it. Juan Miguel should be workable for american english speaker, but i'd love to hear them try differentiate between Soren and Sören.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-01-29 at 04:03 PM.

After reading dome posts, I've made a nice theory (at least to me) :P

We have seen in the warlock questline dialogue posted not long ago that the Doomguards were originally Titanic creations purposed to guard the magical ways. Here s where my speculation comes in:

Let's say the Titans find a great Darkness "under" the planets or even the Twisting Nether itself, and then create a race to guard it off. They make them angelic beings, with wings and all, just like angels as we know them, and send them to all worlds (in secret, perhaps, so even the Tribunal of Ages does not know it) to retrieve the souls of those who are pulled to this Darkness before their time. The Titans name this race the Nathrezim.

Just like Sargeras made the Eredar into Man'ari, he makes the pure form of the Nathrezim into Dreadlords, who then join the Burning Legion, forgetting their original purpose. However, those sent to Azeroth are still pure, and are the Spirit Healers we know today. Then, long after, the Lich King, guarded by the Dreadlords, learns their secrets and is able to morph the Vrykul into a different form of corrupted Nathrezim, and calls them Val'kyr.

Or maybe its got nothing to do with this. A man can dream :P