Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary - Visual effect changes 28 January 2013

From patch notes:

Visual effects on some legendary weapons have been polished:
    • Eternity: Fixed a bug that caused the Sunrise effects to play on the Twilight version of the sword.
    • The Moot: Added visual-effects polish and footfalls.
    • Kamohoali'i Kotaki: Added visual-effects polish.
    • Frenzy: Added visual-effects polish.
    • Kraitkin: Added visual-effects polish.
    • Quip: Added visual-effects polish and footfalls.
    • The Predator: Added visual-effects polish and footfalls; updated projectile and hit effects to match the weapon's look.
    • Howler: Added visual-effects polish and footfalls.
    • The Dreamer: Updated the projectile effect.

Changes in action:

Feel free to post more/better videos/images if you see them appear. ^_^

I think it is nice to see that more legendaries to get attention that they deserve. Some of my guildies have The Dreamer and The Quip that have been pretty much unnoticeable if they do not spam the sound. Will see how many ponies I will see flying tonight at our WvW grouping.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary wielders gathered in Lion's Arch today along with huge crowds admiring the effects.

And all I can say is RAINBOW PONIES!! Multi-shot ranger ability has FIVE rainbow unicorns streaking across the sky leaving a trail of rainbows behind them.

(that thing is SO much awesome!)
    Valar morghulis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf@ Dreamer? Seems a little over the top

I think that they should add other bows since these are too my little pony ish for me

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I think that they should add other bows since these are too my little pony ish for me
    Many times this. As a ranger lover...THEY need a badass bows...not just "girly" ones. Thats the main reason why Im not working on legendaries XD

Deleted
    Most likely they will add more legendaries with expansion.

And of we still have non-legendaries like:

Those are from mystic forge: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Myst...ge/Other_Items

I know all of them and none of them are legendary or have cool animation stuff (why they aren't legendaries) meaning they aren't close to making up

Deleted
    Lol oh my, that effect on "The Dreamer" is a bit... a bit.... I dont know what to say

Edit: Ah found a video. It dont look as extreme as in the pictures

Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2013-01-29 at 01:43 PM.

I don't know what to think about the new effect on the Dreamer..i preferred the old one this one is a bit..too much?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what anyone says....The Dreamer is officially the best legendary in the game for me.

Omg the Dreamer is beyond amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I don't know what to think about the new effect on the Dreamer..i preferred the old one this one is a bit..too much?
    I would have preferred a glow and footsteps too.

People still won't recognize it as a Legendary if you're not shooting it.

I really wish I had the money/means to make The Dreamer. Not only is it deliciously girly, but I would be perpetually giggling every time I used it on my male Charr ranger. XD

Edit: Hah! My bf said, "That bow just got 20% cooler!"
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-01-29 at 03:40 PM.

Anyone else think the Dreamer effects look really retarded? I mean really? Rainbow unicorns? I can tell the Anet dev that did that animation was high at the time. It's just beyond me that the change made it past quality control.

Is it bad I want to reroll ranger just for the dreamer?

Rainbow unicorns, I'm not usually gay over things like that but ohmygod I WANT IT

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a showstopper. Damn near a Commander icon with the amount of people following someone with this bow in WvW lol.
    Valar morghulis

Now if only mesmers could use a bow.. rainbow unicorn butterflies!

So I had decided to go for the Horn+Axe legendary combo after seeing the dreamer effect and not being impressed. After this change its back to farming The Dreamer!!! Dear god it looks amazing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so i'm still going for Quip, something about shooting confetti and bubbles and fireworks at people appeals to me greatly xD, and the Dreamer is an amazing legendary, to bad i don't like shortbows =(.

PS: Rangers complaining about need for a manly bow, Kudzu says hi, there's nothing girly about grass and the like growing as you walk, and it kinda fits the whole nature magic using thing that rangers do -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    PS: Rangers complaining about need for a manly bow, Kudzu says hi, there's nothing girly about grass and the like growing as you walk, and it kinda fits the whole nature magic using thing that rangers do -_-'
    I wonder what it looks like when Charr run. Now I'm picturing a full white Charr w/Kudzu as a feline Amaterasu. XD