Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And London is sitting right in the ass crack.
    Yup, makes the picture even more perfect. I hate London with a passion, I only go there when forced.

Show them the Big Book of British Smiles :P

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Yeah don't let what happened to USA happen to you. Immigration is a thing of the past.
    If it weren't for immigration the US' population would be shrinking and ageing, with all the economic stress that would entail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah don't let what happened to USA happen to you. Immigration is a thing of the past.
    What happened to the USA? You mean the mass immigration and killing of natives which led to further mass immigration by Europeans and then black slaves? Are the hispanics raining on your parade or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, no. Immigration is a critical means of maintaining steady population growth, especially critical in Western countries with low birth rates.
    People on these forums won't uderstand. Western society is ageing, birth rates are getting lower and lower. Way to fight with it is immigration exactly. But you know they rather stop it completly and then in 30 years there will be no money for their retirement pension. I do however am against immigration from arabic countries. Keep it european.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Yea, I heard on tv, what's bad on that, a mafia leader being shot when he was about to be released using a loophole? I personally don't see the problem there. You forgat to say though he was shot next to the Palace of Justice.
    There's something good about a person getting shot? The mob (as in the masses, the people) have absolutely no right to take matters into their own hands just because they think the system is loopy. Even if it is, it is the duty of the system to proclaim him guilty and punish him appropriately. Ordinary citizens taking things in their own hands, however, don't have the right to deem him to be guilty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    There's something good about a person getting shot? The mob (as in the masses, the people) have absolutely no right to take matters into their own hands just because they think the system is loopy. Even if it is, it is the duty of the system to proclaim him guilty and punish him appropriately. Ordinary citizens taking things in their own hands, however, don't have the right to deem him to be guilty.
    You don't understand. He had already been proclaimed guilty by courts. He had been given 8 years of prison, but had a motion to exit because he had a medical problem. Now here is the problem. In truth he had no medical problem at all, but the juridicial system in Romania and Bulgaria is so bad that in the cases when someone gets a recognition of having a medical problem, they either get sent to a hospital or to private care... And many people who get pronounced guilty at the end of a trial pay money to doctors and get the recognition of being sick to get out without doing much jail time, if any at all.

So yes, I'm sorry, but in countries where the justice system works like that, yes, it's good he got shot. Because otherwise he'd have simply walked away with no problem, at least now he'll truly stay in hospital at least and get new exams to see if he still has the former problem, and with luck he'll be pronounced healthy and be actually sent to jail afterwards.

I know that the Croatian justice system is doing a bit better nowadays, but in Romania and Bulgaria, the police is either payed by mafia groups or afraid of them and many get away. Not all... because some mafia groups pay more then others. And then some mafia leaders get to be voted into the parliament... so yea.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It's ironic that Britain, France, and the like spent centuries going into others' countries, usually unwelcomed, and are now crying foul when the table's turned and foreigners are coming to their shores (and at least they have the decency to not bring armies with them and slap chains on you like you did in many of their countries).
    It is ironic, but not in the way you seem to think (which isn't really ironic anyway). If they had just welcomed the british in the first place, instead of resisting them, they could have had the british life style without having to move to the UK.

It's bad for Bulgarians and Romanians, but us Greeks don't get treated much better in western Europe.

It wouldn't surprise me if some in Britain start advocating shoveling all of us from the Balkans into ovens to clean up their dreary little isle.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    I agree, I also think everyone in Britain should be given Villas in Italy to make up for the invasion in 43AD; good thinking pal.
    The fact that you have to go back 2000 years to counter events that happened within the last few generations shows how one-sided that relationship has been, so be good and just take it like all your unfortunate subjects had to, at least you're not being occupied and conquered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    From what I experienced in Britain, it really depends on where you go. I did feel rather excluded in London, but not so in Leeds or anywhere up north really.

But for now, I do plan on moving to England, no matter its state. I'm in a relationship, and I'd rather move to her dump of a country than have her move to my dump of a country. x)

(I'm from Slovenia by the way.)
    Yeah. Go up north. We're a lot friendlier up here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It's bad for Bulgarians and Romanians, but us Greeks don't get treated much better in western Europe.

It wouldn't surprise me if some in Britain start advocating shoveling all of us from the Balkans into ovens to clean up their dreary little isle.

The fact that you have to go back 2000 years to counter events that happened within the last few generations shows how one-sided that relationship has been, so be good and just take it like all your unfortunate subjects had to, at least you're not being occupied and conquered.
    Blah, blah, blah I don't like the British, the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Yeah. Go up north. We're a lot friendlier up here!

This reminds me of a joke about northern UK more then England... but it might be offensive... maybe I shouldn't tell it.

Well you know what, I will, in the end it's a funny joke and not truly mean at all, it's just a joke:

A french reporter wanted to test if the Scottish people are as truly cheapskates as people say. So he decides to go on a trip to Scotland.
    He passes the border entering Scotland and on the way he goes thirsty. He decides to try his luck and knock on the door of a house. An old man exits.
    The french reporter asks for a bit of water. After a minute the old man comes with a large bowl filled with milk.
    The french guy drinks almost half of it after which he says:
    "But you people are not cheapskates at all! What people talk is not true at all! I asked for water and actually got a full bowl of milk, thank you!"
    "Well boy, you're welcomed" said the old man. "In the end, nobody wanted to drink that milk since a rat had drowned in it."
    The french boy drops the bowl hearing those words to which the old man gets angry and yells:
    "After I gave you milk you break my grandmother's night piss bowl?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of a joke about northern UK more then England... but it might be offensive... maybe I shouldn't tell it.

Well you know what, I will, in the end it's a funny joke and not truly mean at all, it's just a joke:

A french reporter wanted to test if the Scottish people are as truly cheapskates as people say. So he decides to go on a trip to Scotland.
    He passes the border entering Scotland and on the way he goes thirsty. He decides to try his luck and knock on the door of a house. An old man exits.
    The french reporter asks for a bit of water. After a minute the old man comes with a large bowl filled with milk.
    "But you people are not cheapskates at all! What people talk is not true at all! I asked for water and actually got a full bowl of milk, thank you!"
    "Well boy, you're welcomed" said the old man. "In the end, nobody wanted to drink that milk since a rat had drowned in it."
    The french boy drops the bowl hearing those words to which the old man gets angry and yells:
    Hah! Gave me a good chuckle. I was talking about the north of England, though. Scotland is cool too. We're bros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I bet we'd be seeing taxpayers with families of 7 or 8 if they weren't paying for everyone else. Smart countries allow immigration only if the immigrants can prove to be a benefit to the system.
    Complete bullshit. Western countries have naturally lower birth-rates because children are a financial burden -regardless- of the tax rate. Furthermore, the fact that people are getting more nutrition and protein makes them less fecund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still want to move there. From the US.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I still want to move there. From the US.
    I'm sure the government wouldn't mind American immigrants, since they're more likely to be loaded with cash.

Deleted

2 Scotsman bet each other £1 who could stay under water holding their breath the longest, police are still looking for the bodies.

Deleted
    Seems a romanian newspaper did a counter-campaign to this:

Funny coming from an American. First Americans were immigrants, weren't they?

Deleted
    Is it really THAT bad in bulgaria and romania? Surely they have had growth when they joined the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Is it really THAT bad in bulgaria and romania? Surely they have had growth when they joined the EU?

According to UK politicians we are literally eating eachother.