Any useful addon/tip to dodge from windbom while dotting everything?

This thread might be stupid I know. I'm the best dps on my guild but the other week I failed on windbomb and yesterday I failed twice and guild master remove me from the raid.

Since raid was almost finishing and the time was running out. Both wipes and I wasn't on a windbomb but dbm addon said was me, any addon that warn me or doing some aura when I'm close to a windbomb. I use weakauras. Or just change my graphics on particule density for high, ultra? Atm they're running on fair. When I change my graphics to ultra my game starts to break, on high i can see windbomb like on ultra? Or it's a big difference?

I'm focusing too much to don't let the dots fadding from adds, that I don't look to the floor so often.

Deleted
    My graphics are on good, can see the windbombs just fine, only times I have trouble avoiding them is when a priest bubbles me and I get the speed buff while I am already moving and navigating between windbombs.

The need to navigate is an issue of the entire raid IMHO, at no point should you have non-sequential windbombs anywhere.

Deleted
    1) your RL is stupid when he says it's you when it's not.
    there's an EMOTE in the chat which tells exactly who triggered the bomb
    it's an emote produced by the game, not by an addon, so you can trust it

2) you can see windbombs on almost any settings
    example : i'm running minimum + projected textures on + particle density good + textures high)

3) imho, the best thing you can do is just changing your proiority : doing max dps is NOT what's most important.

4) configure your bossmods (dbm/bw) to do a SOUND when there's a windbomb near you is the best solution
    turning off music and combat sound (there are addons out there to mute combat sounds specifically if you need it)

Your raid sounds pretty elitist if 2 fails is enough for kick from raid... EPGP system is good because of that, if someone fails, they get less EP, meaning less loot.

Our raid killed Wind Lord HC(25m) in 1 night without any real trouble, if you are doing normals, your RL is a bit too elitist >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    I'm the best dps on my guild .
    Thats a bit of a statement. Being the 'best' doesn't always mean numbers. You can be the 'best' by cheesing and padding meters but half the time what use is that? You can't dps when you are dead.

My suggestion? Windlord is a pretty easy boss - a little more dps on the adds doesn't really matter that much. Watch dem feets!

For some reason DBM wasn't working yesterday when i was near a bomb, I need to update DBM everyday? Cause everytime I go to curse cliente, my DBM needs a update.

Didn't warn me if I was close to a bomb or not, I got everything off on sounds apart of sound effects to Drain Soul Sound and GTFO sounds. I run particule density on fair, yesterday we tried kill Zorlok HC and running with fair it's hard to see rings when i switched it for ultra was so much easy to check rings, I didn't failed a single time on rings.

But since I was breaking on Ta'yak trash I went back to particule density: Fair. Exists a big difference between fair and good? Or should I go for high I have a nice computer, outside raids if I run everything fair I got around 120 fps that's it's too much. On raids running fair I got around 50-60 fps. I play 25 men.

I should switch particule density for good or high? For me it's hard to check a windbomb since my camera it's too far way, and i do that to have all the time range for adds and boss plates.

Was 25 men heroic, isn't a casual guild, it's a semi-core guild. 200º on world at 25. It sucks when you got kicked being one of the main raiders on guild but ok.

I might not raid anymore, yesterday night was awful for me. I got nice rank in all bosses with both specs and I push best I can always I rarely fail on any boss ability but yeah dunno if it's time to say bye to raids.

Ty for tips. I will try change something or just /care and stop raiding. Cheers.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2013-01-29 at 11:39 AM.

Particle density does not seem to have any effect.
    Floor has lighter textures near the center of the room, depending on camera angle I sometimes have problem noticing bombs on those. Try to stay away from them.

Deleted
    look at screen. < really effective

Deleted
    DBM doesn't tell you if you're standing close to a windbomb as far as I know. It sounds like you were just paying too much attention to the wrong things and too little attention to the right things (where you stand).
    If you cannot multidot and keep track of timers while also looking at your feet, it's obviously a UI issue. Set up your UI so that you can do both.

I would remove a guy who failed on wind bombs twice too.

The very middle of the room has annoying background lightening that makes them near invissible though, so if you can, avoid standing in the very middle of the room. But otherwise just let them land on you and step out of it and stack them as closely together as you can to leave as much room up as possible.

As far as I'm aware there's no addon that dodges fight mechanics for you, it would defeat the purpose of raiding, don't you think?

Deleted
    Are you crying and planning to stop raiding because you failed and leader replaced you? The rules are the same for everyone, if you fail;no matter how good you are, you'll be replaced. A good tip is to use your eyes since if you're wiping your raid but doing 20k more dps, it's worthless.

Particule density is enough on Good to be able to see them. Projected Textures: Enables.

Deleted
    If curse updates your DBM very often it's probably because you have set preferred release type to "Alpha". Alpha-releases can often contain bugs (like in your case where DBM suddenly isn't playing a sound when it's supposed to). You shouldn't really be using alpha-version unless it's a patch night and you know that the stable release is not working.

Deleted
    I can understand your raid leader, it's annoying as hell when people keep standing in the most obvious fire this expansion. It's almost as bad as breaking the shield in HC Spirit Kings, it requires no skills, what so ever to not fail on this mechanics.

You keep blaming graphics and broken addons, do you see the issue or should I point it out to you? Watch the screen while you play, plan your moment BEFORE a windbomb is spawned on you. There is no excuse to fail at this.

DBM tells you when a Wind Bomb spawns on you or on someone within range of you, beyond that... watch your feet, welcome to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    I can understand your raid leader, it's annoying as hell when people keep standing in the most obvious fire this expansion. It's almost as bad as breaking the shield in HC Spirit Kings, it requires no skills, what so ever to not fail on this mechanics.

You keep blaming graphics and broken addons, do you see the issue or should I point it out to you? Watch the screen while you play, plan your moment BEFORE a windbomb is spawned on you. There is no excuse to fail at this.
    Take a chill pill bro, everyone has a bad night here and there when it comes to raiding. As for your problem I would definitely run higher graphics if possible and pay close attention when on the move as I remember those wind bombs being near invisible on my old ghetto computer. I would also try standing somewhere within healing range and away from other ranged dps if possible as this will result in less chances of being near a wind bomb.