Heroic Garalon 10 Man Issues

Currently we are having some issues with Garalon and have tried multiple strats. The first was to pop lust at the jump and two heal the whole fight. With a new and slightly under geared Monk added to our roster this proved to not be possible. Our next strat which can be seen primarily in the log below was to delay cd's and lust until after the first crush so that everybody could focus down the boss. We have our rogue and DK Tank soaking and Dpsing the front legs with help from a Disc priest and leave the back legs to the Hunter and Warrior with a dps that floats in to help out when one of them has to kite. Any clues what we can do better. I would appreciate positive criticism and not just "lolz how are you wiping to this boss." The only thing I can think of is just not having the warrior kite at all since he's melee but is there anything else I am missing? We had a 7% wipe with this strat so we just need some tweeking.

Kiting rotation:

Monk, Hunter, Priest, Warrior, Resto Druid, DK Tank, Warlock, Mage, Ele Shaman

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-me1ozxcxa9o7xjoo/

Deleted
    Although I am sure it can be done with 3 healers our 10 man team was never able to meet the enrage with that, and I consider our DPS to be pretty good.

We just sucked it up and 2 healed it. Some points that helped us.

- One of the healers should kite first as very little damage is going out then. Healer kiting later is suicide
    - First two kites (Healer and Tank in our case) go to 20 stacks
    - The remaining kites are done until 10s before Crush. You should always have low stacks when a Crush is incoming
    - Set up a cooldown rotation. No really, set up a cooldown rotation! Takes 5 mins to plan and will make all the difference. Ideally for each Crush yoiu should be using at least one damage reduction CD and one healing/throughput CD. Personal CDs should be used as a raid wide damage reduction CD in the rotation, not free-for-all.
    - Ranged focus on Garalon, don't run around trying to get the damage buff. You'll lose just as much DPS as well as being harder to heal, just stand in the middle
    - Melee should be focusing on the same leg to stay stacked for healing
    - Mana will be tight for your healers. Use Mana CDs early and often, as well can concentration pots

Our general output healing-wise is roughly Monk 100k HPS, Shaman 70k HPS.

Our DPS comp is aff lock, ele shaman, arcane mage, hunter, rogue, and our OT warrior

We tried the two healing strat but our monk doesn't have the best gear and two healing resulted in us getting close to around 40%. 3 healing and we got to sub 20% multiple times and a 5% wipe to enrage. In our situation we only have one person that doesn't kite (rogue).

We only have two melee and one of them (rogue) is relegated to soaking as well as DPSing a front leg while the other melee is our OT warrior that is relegated to a back leg with our Hunter helping him. I (Aff lock) go to help out when one of them is kiting, other than that all DPS is on the boss full time. Starting to think that if we just leave the warrior on his back leg and move up the kiting order that we should be fine.

Anybody out there that's 3 healed this boss? Is it doable?

-Try not to have any melee dps kite if at all possible and use the healers to kite first. Having that warrior kite to 20 stacks is wasting a lot of time that he could be damaging the boss. Instead have the warlock kite multiple times because he can do full dps with kil'jaedens while moving.

-We 3 healed and completed it so it is possible.

-Use 2 mobile and high dps to stay on legs the whole fight (while in the leg zone). Have all other dps stay on the boss and only dps the back two legs if they pop (they can feel free to dot any legs that pop in the front). We found it much easier to keep the kiting efficient and keep the boss spinning less if all 4 legs are down. Also many people believe dpsing legs down is a waste after 20% but this tending to not be the case for my group. The extra 100% damage can still make the boss drop even quicker in the red zone phase.

Good Luck!

There is no miracle on this fight.. it's a gear check. I checked your longest attempt.. and you have some DPS below 100k dps, which says they are either undergeared or are not doing the fight well (not using the leg buff properly).

We 3 healed it, and our overall dps for the fight was 700k DPS. You guys 2 healed and are at 640k DPS, so you need to find a way to add 60k DPS to your group.

Also yes we 3 heal, but disc/monk, we're doing 50k DPS together. If it helps here is the log of our first kill.. and we really brought a backup once and we started to hit the enrage, so the gear is very important on that fight. Also, at 33% the healing requirement is a joke, so it's another time to make sure healers are taking pheromones and dps can focus on dps..

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8348&e=8769

Also, make sure your monk knows what to do, for some reason, he's really not healing this fight properly. I have never used soothing mist and enveloping mist in that fight.. it's a jab/jab/uplift fight, while moving to the legs to benefit from damage buff (so more healing). Our hunter also keep telling us BM is a *lot* better for this fight due to the fact you can send your pet to back legs and he gets the buff.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-01-25 at 05:01 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    3 healers 2 tanks 3 ranged 2 melee

Healers and ranged are the only kiters, using melee massively reduces dmg output. Kiting goes healer>ranged>healer>ranged>healer>ranged. Switch at 22 stacks and repeat from the beginning. Melee kill legs, ranged are on boss or a leg if it is in range. Lust on pull as there are lots of legs up so you can get everyone the weak spots buff. Tanks can use alot of dps gear aswell dont forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    There is no miracle on this fight.. it's a gear check. I checked your longest attempt.. and you have some DPS below 100k dps, which says they are either undergeared or are not doing the fight well (not using the leg buff properly).

We 3 healed it, and our overall dps for the fight was 700k DPS. You guys 2 healed and are at 640k DPS, so you need to find a way to add 60k DPS to your group.

Also yes we 3 heal, but disc/monk, we're doing 50k DPS together. If it helps here is the log of our first kill.. and we really brought a backup once and we started to hit the enrage, so the gear is very important on that fight. Also, at 33% the healing requirement is a joke, so it's another time to make sure healers are taking pheromones and dps can focus on dps..

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8348&e=8769

Also, make sure your monk knows what to do, for some reason, he's really not healing this fight properly. I have never used soothing mist and enveloping mist in that fight.. it's a jab/jab/uplift fight, while moving to the legs to benefit from damage buff (so more healing).
    We 3 healed also, all of the attempts in the logs I provided are from 3 healed attempts. I think we just need a little bit more out of everybody and we should have a kill. Also, i've heard a bunch of different things from "go get the leg buff" to "leave melee" on it and focus down the boss. So I guess it's good to see that either strat can work. I definitely appreciate the monk help because I was always feeling that he wasn't doing something right on that fight and haven't really been able to get time to research monks.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    3 healers 2 tanks 3 ranged 2 melee

Healers and ranged are the only kiters, using melee massively reduces dmg output. Kiting goes healer>ranged>healer>ranged>healer>ranged. Switch at 22 stacks and repeat from the beginning. Melee kill legs, ranged are on boss or a leg if it is in range. Lust on pull as there are lots of legs up so you can get everyone the weak spots buff. Tanks can use alot of dps gear aswell dont forget.
    Yup, starting to realize the more I look into logs that I am just going to leave the warrior full time on back legs.

Deleted
    Take a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Our DPS comp is aff lock, ele shaman, arcane mage, hunter, rogue, and our OT warrior

We tried the two healing strat but our monk doesn't have the best gear and two healing resulted in us getting close to around 40%. 3 healing and we got to sub 20% multiple times and a 5% wipe to enrage. In our situation we only have one person that doesn't kite (rogue).

We only have two melee and one of them (rogue) is relegated to soaking as well as DPSing a front leg while the other melee is our OT warrior that is relegated to a back leg with our Hunter helping him. I (Aff lock) go to help out when one of them is kiting, other than that all DPS is on the boss full time. Starting to think that if we just leave the warrior on his back leg and move up the kiting order that we should be fine.

Anybody out there that's 3 healed this boss? Is it doable?

We 2t/3h and use an 8man rotation excluding our 2 melee(warrior,ret). Rotation is a healer is at the start and the tanks are near the end so they don't have to fuss with pheromones in p2. You want your healers or hunter/locks to be the ones with pheromones in p2.

We lust on pull where all dps are on legs. Once they are down we only have the 2 tanks get the front left leg and the ret/warrior getting every other leg until p2. We do not multidot as any outside dps on the legs is a rdps loss. There's only 16 legs you can kill so killing them faster doesn't help and is generally a dps loss due to overkill, ramp up and movement for each additional dps "helping" on the legs.

In p2 we tank him in the middle of the room with ret/warr @ the back right leg and focusing down any rear mend legs. We have a couple ranged and a healer camped at the front right leg. This minimizes ramp up and movement in p2 as the only classes moving are melee, long as the leg that spawns around 35s~ on enrage isn't the front left leg, there's almost no movement at all.

Our recent log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=8080&e=8483

If you have a disc priest maybe you'll be successful in recommending atonement as that would have been even faster! Our priest doesn't like it
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-25 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks for that log, it is actually very helpful. We have been trying everything but finding a healer pug that knows what they're doing seems to be impossible atm lol. Also, we have been toying with getting the legs down in the beginning without a lust since they melt anyways and waiting for the first crush to lust so that we can have all DPS on the boss.