Deleted

New Cataclysm Tooltip

the new tooltip of cataclysm on wowhead reads

Cataclysm: Kanrethad channels cataclysmic power, immolating all enemies within 100 yards every 1 sec. After 6 sec, all enemies within 100 yards take 1000000 Fire damage and are knocked away and stunned for 10 sec. Once started, the channeling of Cataclysm cannot be stopped by any mortal means.

is this a poke at Xelnath ?

edit: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138564
    Last edited by mmoc5cd059585f; 2013-01-31 at 02:59 AM.

Given the text seems to be referencing Kanrethad as the caster my best guess would be this has something to do with the green fire quest line, not blizzard trolling a former employee.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    oh right seems most likely then :P though i will be so jealous watching an NPC cast that spell

also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nrethad/simple = Xelnath old live acc char ?

on a side note it seems we will be able to undo green fire once we get it

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=139366
    Purge Xerrath: Purges the target of their corrupted fel magic.
    Last edited by mmoc5cd059585f; 2013-01-30 at 08:37 PM.

The orc Kanrethad is different from the human one for the Warlock questline. As for the Cataclysm, it probably was planned for an NPC ability but Xelnath went overboard to give it to Warlocks. That could have been one of his "mistakes" and one hell of a teaser for those who liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorn View Post
    Once started, the channeling of Cataclysm cannot be stopped by any mortal means.
    didn't we stop F***ing DEATHWING from casting that like... four times during madness?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    didn't we stop F***ing DEATHWING from casting that like... four times during madness?
    We got him to interrupt himself, and he's not mortal :B

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    We got him to interrupt himself, and he's not mortal :B
    "quickly, we must interrupt him!"

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    "quickly, we must interrupt him!"
    "Agonizing Pain — The pain from severing Deathwing's limb interrupts his concentration, stunning him and inflicting 20% of his health in damage."
    He interrupts himself so that he can lick his stump, look at the dungeon journal before throwing out irrelevant quotes.

So much for checking facts
    Last edited by Imnick; 2013-01-31 at 12:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The warlocks named in the council of the black harvest are all named after famous players. It has nothing to do with GM's outing themselves by using their live account names as NPC names. That would just be stupid and Blizzard doesn't out their workers player characters for obvious reasons, even those of ex workers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The warlocks named in the council of the black harvest are all named after famous players. It has nothing to do with GM's outing themselves by using their live account names as NPC names. That would just be stupid and Blizzard doesn't out their workers player characters for obvious reasons, even those of ex workers.
    hmm maybe, but a quick google search of 'site:us.battle.net kanrethad lightbringer' and he answers alot of wow us threads suspiciously like Xelnath

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Agonizing Pain — The pain from severing Deathwing's limb interrupts his concentration, stunning him and inflicting 20% of his health in damage."
    He interrupts himself so that he can lick his stump, look at the dungeon journal before throwing out irrelevant quotes.

So much for checking facts
    how do you think a kick interrupts a spellcast?

the pain interrupted his concentration. we caused deathwing pain, and that interrupted his concentration, so he stopped casting cataclysm. we interrupted him.

so much for Imnick (?) lol

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm maybe, but a quick google search of 'site:us.battle.net kanrethad lightbringer' and he answers alot of wow us threads suspiciously like Xelnath
    I'm going to have to agree with you here, reading through the responses he gives in the topics I went through. It's exactly like Xelnath started out posting here on MMO-C. I suppose there could be a second dev doing the same thing, but it'd be highly unlikely.

EDIT: BIG D'oh! Didn't Xelnath in one of his visits a while ago say we would be fighting him? (just so you know, he did) This must have been what he meant!
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-31 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with you here, reading through the responses he gives in the topics I went through. It's exactly like Xelnath started out posting here on MMO-C. I suppose there could be a second dev doing the same thing, but it'd be highly unlikely.

EDIT: BIG D'oh! Didn't Xelnath in one of his visits a while ago say we would be fighting him? (just so you know, he did) This must have been what he meant!
    Also it appears someone alt tracked him when he posted as a level 1 on his live acc to US forums as Kanrethad, but on a conspiracy note -

Ghostcrawler/Dave kosak tweeted 'All class nerfs will be done on a single server so we can compare to the norm (Sorry, Lightbringer).' while at vegas, does anyone know why they singled out Lightbringer? Or could it be the home realm of the game developers prehaps ? Maybe even in the same guild? :O dun dun dun