Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The demonic line began to break as the mortal force ascended the pathway. Arinite yelled in approval, "Yes! Keep going, he have this!" The water elementals continued the assault, still freezing the felguard reinforcements in place. Where's Aldean and the expedition? They should be here by now! Then, another voice echoed in her mind, Fear not, little human. You need not worry any longer. The mage felt an intense chill down her spine, Who is this?! She heard laughter, but only in her head. Your petty armies are run aground and lay dead in the wastes! Lord Sargeras has won! It was a woman's voice, shrill with the sound of a tortured soul. Much like that of a death knight. Neyira? More laughter, but this time it reverberated around the chamber, overcoming the sounds of battle. "You have no power here! Lord Sargeras will feast on your soul!" Hahahaa!

"Keep pushing!" Arinite screamed as she prepared her frostbolts, just as her mana was returning. We're gonna kill that demon-spawn bitch! The adventurers finally burst through and the silver light of Dragonblight engulfed them. Now, the demons began to back away, favoring the fighting to fall to their master. "As predicted! My dinner has arrived on schedule!"

A large Pit Lord stood before the opening from beneath Wyrmrest, blocking the road to Crystalsong forest. His demons gathered around him and prepared to defend him. "So...as I was saying earlier... He lifted his blade, a huge piece of demonic fel-steel, "Raw and squirming?!

The demon was suddenly engulfed with fire and smoke. Arinite looked up and saw her beloved gunship the Skybreaker above them. From it's top Aldean waved to the mercenaries below. The ship was damaged, but maintained it's safe altitude. The mage looked as the smoke cleared and the Pit Lord's minions were dead, leaving an angry fat demon. Aldean yelled from the gunship, "We'll hold off his reinforcements! You get your friends to kill the Pit Lord!" Arinite nodded and screamed,

"FOR AZEROTH!"

((Two small things Creedhunter. Firstly, my character is a tauren and not an Orc. Secondly, try to spread out your posts so they aren't a run-on sentence. It makes it very hard to read when it is one very long sentence. Keep it up!))
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

Tichrom was a little overly excited to get to the Pit Lord. Finally, a worthy opponent! He summoned a swarm of faeries to surround the pit lord, and began to make his approach.

"Allies! I will hold his attention and take his attacks away from you! Bring him down!"

Lethean emerged, panting with exertion and splattered in gore. As a voice that sounded very much like Neyira's echoed amongst the parties, Lethean let loose a fierce snarl, then heard one that sounded almost identical behind him. He turned slowly, and his eyes widened slightly as he beheld the monstrous worgen who stood before him. For the first time in many decades Lethean was shocked. Almost as if the worgen sensed this he grinned, baring his razor-sharp fangs and rolling his massive shoulders. Lethean then realized that two curved swords were gripped in the worgen's clawed hands.
    "Scared?" he asked, confidence in his deep, grave voice. "No need. I know what you are, if not by name, death knight. I know why you're here." The worgen paused, glancing behind Lethean.
    "You!"
    Both Scourgelord and worgen rogue turned, facing a female blood elf dressed in bright crimson leather armor which revealed most of her slim yet muscular torso, two elven shortswords sheathed on her hips and a pheonix bow clasped tightly in her left hand. Her long, curly brown hair hung to her waist, and at the moment her emerald eyes were affixed on the worgen. Lethean stepped back slightly, sensing a tension between the two, yet the worgen seemed incredulous.
    "Don't try to act innocent, murdererous creature!" The elf snapped, stopping inches from the worgen and undaunted by his horrific size. The worgen growled in turn, towering over the elf and narrowing his glowing orange eyes.
    "Innocent? Proposterous," he snarled in a low tone. "I should think you would hold off this sad little quest of yours for the time being!"
    "Savage," she retorted, drawing an arrow. Lethean heard a furious squawk and lifted his gaze to the sky, yet again surprised. Twice in mere moments, he thought, gripping Shadowfrost a little tighter as a huge dragonhawk descended, coming down to hover by the elf. "You sneak into our lands, spill elven blood, then retreat and think to suffer no consequences?"
    The worgen shifted his stance slightly, snarling. "Don't you have more important things to do than chase me around - especially at a time like this?" Lethean saw the elf hesitate, and wondered if she'd thought the same thing before. I wonder what has urged her to choose otherwise? Deciding this was entirely pointless - not to mention the Scourgelord's irritation at listening to them bicker - he stepped forward.
    "I'm not one to say anything - in fact, if I'd have had it my way you'd both be dead, serving me as allies in death - but I agree with the worgen." Lethean diverted his gaze to the massive Pit Lord, currently under assault by the Greys and other adventurers. "That bastard right there is impeding all of us. I vote we take him down, finish up with this farce, then go back to hacking at one another."
    Both worgen and elf glared at each other for a moment longer before, subdued and in a somewhat-mutual - if tense - agreement. The elf turned and strode towards her dragonhawk, mounting the beast and taking to the air. The worgen sheathed his swords and dropped to all fours, loosing a roar and dashing towards the Pit Lord. Shrugging, Lethean lifted his left hand and summoned his magic. The shade of a deathcharger appeared before him, solidifying into a suitable mount. He pulled himself into the saddle with one hand and gripped the reins, turnign the steed in the direction the rogue had headed off to. Don't know what I said... but whatever it was, it worked. At least for now.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

All Gar could see was the Pit Lord. Large and with impressive strength. He knew this was going to be a rough battle. He'd need to pull out all his tricks. He glanced at Darkpaw. The black wolf was snarling and baring it's razor-sharp teeth. Always ready for a battle. The Pit Lord was momentarily distracted by a swarm of faerie creatures zapping and poking at it. Gar let loose a shrill whistle and Darkpaw was instantly behind the imposing demon.

Darkpaw clenched his Jaws around the end of the large demon's tail and the monster screamed out in pain. The bite did little to slow the beast though and it began swiping it's tail all around. Darkpaw gracefully avoided tail, bounding left and dodging right. Another distraction. Gar knocked four arrows on his bow and trained them on the demon. Shouldn't be too hard to miss being that big. His arrows sailed through the air and embedded themselves in the demon's right arm. It would have been a clean shot at the head if not for the beast shielding it's face.

Suddenly, the Pit Lord began to laugh. "Foolish mortals. You attack me with such a small force? I've flattened villages and slaughtered armies larger than this by myself. Hahaha! I will devour all of your souls and serve your bodies to Lord Sargeras!" The demon reared up on it's hind legs and smashed down with it's front two. The reverberations that came along after that sent demons and allies alike off balance. This is the power of a Pit Lord.... Earthmother protect us. Another loud whistle came from Gar's lips, different from the previous one, and Darkpaw came to his side. "Stay back my friend. I do not want you getting too close to that... thing." Darkpaw whimpered for a moment but obeyed his master's command.

Gar began shooting off a volley of arrows, focusing on a small area of unscaled, unarmored torso that was revealed during the demon's couterattack. The other adventurers began their assault each doing their best to distract attention long enough for the next to land a hard blow. That was when Gar heard the howl. Being with Darkpaw all these years had grown him accustomed to the various howls of a wolf. This was similar and yet very different. It was higher pitched and sounded as though it was coming from someone who spoke the Common tongue. Darkpaw responded with a howl of his own. His tail was wagging in excitement and that's when Gar realized what it was. Worgen. Suddenly, a freakishly large worgen ran by at top speed towards the Pit Lord. "At least it looks like he's on our side." Gar winked at Darkpaw and began firing arrows at the demon, hoping to distract it long enough for the Worgen to get in a good hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pit Lord grinned maniacally, Fools! He thrust himself forward into the pathway, Do you honestly believe I fear your little swords?! The behemoth charged, intent on flattening the party. The sounds of breaking glass suddenly followed, the demon looked in shock. Puny frost magic! He wiggled in the ice, but was still unable to move.

Arinite and her elementals stood in a line, arms extended towards the giant demon. "We'll hold him in place for now! Get some hits in! Just like anything else blood loss will weaken him!" She slowly closed her hands together and fel-blood began to seep from the Pit Lord's scaly skin. Arrrrgrhhhhhhhh!!! "Watch out for the blade!"

Arinite struggled to hold the demon in place, but heard Neyira's voice again, this time louder and more direct. It seems you are the head of the snake. Arinite knew Neyira would hear her thoughts, I''m going to kill you, traitor. She heard laughter and began to falter in her focus. Well, here's your chance, Grey. The mage suddenly felt as if her body was being sucked in by the sea, she looked and saw a violet portal open behind her. She knew she would be inside in moments and transported somewhere. "Keep fighting!" She was absorbed by the violet door:

Last edited by Darced; 2013-02-08 at 01:41 AM.

The mage and her water elementals as well as the Druid and his faerie swarm were able to hold the Pit Lord in place if only for a short while. Those two are something else. Gar admired strength and hoped that their power would help the adventurers see this battle through. The Troll Shaman placed his totems strategically around the fighting allies and was throwing lightning bolts at the enemy. The rest of the adventurers continued to poke and prod at the beast and the result was fel blood being spilled all over the place.

The Pit Lord swung it's mighty weapon back and forth and was visibly mad at the FOOLISH MORTALS. The demon's focus was on the water elementals. They were his biggest threat, holding him down so the others could claw, slash, and shoot at him freely. Though every swipe of his blade or tail turned them into a harmless puddle, they almost immediately reformed and began their assault anew.

"Alright Darkpaw, now you can go back." Gar said with a slight smirk. Fighting demons always made him enjoy the killing portion of a battle. Against a wild beast, their was a mutual respect and the battle was more important than the victory. This was a different case though and Gar was relishing this moment. A certain bloodlust came over the pair and they became in sync. Gar need only glance at where he would shoot and Darkpaw responded quickly and without hesitation.

"Keep Fighting..."

He knew Gar would protect his back. Gar noticed a particular area of fel blood oozing at an alarming rate. He rummaged through his quiver and found the explosives he kept. The Tauren quickly strapped them to an arrow and gave a low whistle sounding similar to an owl. Darkpaw heard the call and let loose a loud howl. The demon glanced at the mighty wolf and swung his weapon at Darkpaw. The wolf quickly dodged and Gar released his arrow. It embedded itself in the gut of the Pit Lord right where the deep wound was and exploded.

"ARRRGGHHH!!!" The Pit Lord cried out in pain as it's flesh was burning and it's green blood poured out onto the floor. "I WILL NOT LET YOU GET TO LORD SARGERAS!! YOU WILL ALL DIE HERE TODAY!" The demon was enraged and began struggling out of the icy prison. Gar finally noticed however that their were less and less water elementals around. They were still regenerating, but at a much slower pace. He made a sideways glance over to the mage and she was gone... vanished. The violet portal was closing where she had once stood and Gar began berating himself for being so oblivious. I should have kept a closer eye on her. We NEED her. She's powerful though... I'm sure she'll make it out. I have to keep my focus on him before I can help her.

Gar cursed his inexperience with working on a team and began firing arrows again at the demon.

Alex let loose a furious howl, pouncing on the Pit Lord and digging his claws into the demon's upper right foreleg, latching on tightly. Deftly dodging the felblood raining from the demon's numerous wounds the worgen maneuvered his way up, his razor-sharp claws slicing into the thick hide wherever they touched. As he paused during his ascent, he heard the whizz of an arrow as it imbedded itself mere inches away from him, its arrowhead piercing the demon's hide. Alex glanced down and saw the blood elf lower her bow, half scowling.
    She's insane, he thought and, in a rage spun and slashed at the demon, using the massive Pit Lord as an outlet for his bloodlust.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lethean followed behind the worgen rogue, but was frozen in place when he again felt Neyira's presence. A violet portal opened behind Arinite, and immediately Lethean knew what was happening. Something took hold of him then, and the Scourgelord roared a fierce battlecry as Shadowfrost's blade ingnited in crimson flames and his eyes turned from azure to red. Lethean gathered all of his speed and dashed towards the portal, which had by now taken hold of Arinite and begun to disappear.
    "Neyira!" he snarled, diving for the portal... and had to twist so that he landed on his shoulder as he hit the ground. Quickly getting to his feet, he glanced back and saw the portal had already vanished. "Damn it!" he snapped, turning to the Pit Lord. The elf was already drawing and firing arrows, but he couldn't see the worgen anywhere. Just as he wrapped his left hand around Shadowfrost's grip, something near the top of the Pit Lord's right foreleg caught his eye. He narrowed his eyes, squinting as he tried to see the small, black figure movving quickly up the demon, then a grin broke out on his face.
    "Looks like at least more than one of us knows how to think outside the box."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The frost magic began to disappear as the Pit Lord took down water elementals one at a time. He swung to left and right, carving them into small rivers that froze mid-air. He had to ignore the little mortals that were clawing at his feet. These puny piss creatures! I have to destroy them now! He stabbed into the road and scored a kill on the last remaining elemental. In a moment the demon would be free to trample the mortals before him. Haha! I hope you have a more intriguing strategy in mind. If not, prepare to be squished!!!

Gimain looked up at the fierce Pit LordHmmm how can we take such a beast down? never seen one in my lifetime
    Gimain sees in the distance a black figure by the Pit Lord's right foreleg. Those water things aren't lasting very long, I'll see if i can hop on his back
    and with that Gimain ran underneath the Pit Lord just dodging a hit from his massive sword. Gimain sees the Pit Lord's tail as grabs onto it. Gimain slows starts to crawl up the Pit Lords back, holding on as tight as he can while the Pit Lord is thrashing around.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I have killed one of your stature before demon, and now I will rid the world of your kind again. This world belongs to the Scourge!" Ian charged forward, followed by his death knights. The Pit lord swung his mighty blade taking out a few of his death knights, Ian however baseball slid under the blade. Once under the blade Ian wrapped a chain around the blade. "Here we go..." When the pit lord pulled his blade back up Ian followed it propelling him air borne. Once he reached the peak of his "flight" he grabbed the hilt of his sword with both hands and swung it at a downward arc over his head and came down hard into the general area of the pit lords shoulder. Fel blood spewed all over his already gore soaked armor.

Velirra noticed Ian's strategy and began placing her arrows with more intent, aiming high. With a subtle gesture directed towards Emberfire she indicated their plan, and the dragonhawk swooped in, slashing with her talons and striking the same general area. As she drew an arrow, Velirra noticed Lethean was furiously fighting near the bottom of the Pit Lord's forelegs. She watched as he came under assault and narrowed her eyes. More demons? she wondered, then saw more coming up behind the Scourgelord from Wyrmrest. Remenants!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lethean began to approach the Pit Lord, his gaze focused on the demon's foreleg where the worgen had done the most damage. Felblood poured down the limb as Lethean saw hundreds of tears in the thick, green hide. He was about to charge when a roar echoed behind him. Turning the Scourgelord growled, narrowing his eyes. A small group of felguards, terrorguards and other demons were coming up the path from Wyrmrest, thirsty for blood and vengeance. "Damn it," he snapped, gripping Shadowfrost tightly and causing both the inscribed runes and flames to glow brighter. "For the Lich King!" he cried, meeting them head-on and taking down two felguards with one devastating strike. Shadowfrost sang as it flew through the air, claiming yet more lives. He ducked under one of the terrorguard's attacks and swung, his runeblade biting deep and fatally. The ground hissed as the snow they stood in was dissolved by spilled felblood. The Scourgelord summoned his magic, asphyxiating one of the felguards before he grabbed the tentacle of a felhound. Clenching his fist and crushing it, he tossed the felhound to the side. Empowered by unholy strength he began to cut through the remainders of Wyrmrest's attackers, cutting down every last demon. When he finished he turned back to the Pit Lord, and saw Ian and Velirra working in an unseen coordination, targetting the demon's shoulders and throat. Cever, he thought, gathering his speed and dashing towards their common enemy.
    When he reached the Pit Lord he did not hesitate, sinking Shadowfrost deep into the beast's foreleg. Yet more felblood spewed from the Pit Lord's numerous wounds, adding another challenge for the Scourgelord as he struggled to dodge the downpour of burning fluids.
    The Pit Lord loosed a fierce roar as the combined assault of the party began to take its toll. His attacks were slowed, his reaction timing poor and his strikes weaker than before. We're gaining the upper hand! Lethean drew back for a moment, growling. he took a few more steps back as the ground where he'd been standing was covered in felblood, and grasped Shadowfrost by the hilt so that the blade was pointing downward. He lifted it a few more inches and plunged down with all his might, putting Shadowfrost almost halfway into the frozen ground. The earth around the blade began to die, the snow melting and the land beneath it turning grey and dry. A green mist began to ooze up from the ground as the descreation spread to encircle the Scourgelord. Almost thirty clawed, bony hands shot up from the earth as moans and growls were heard. The ground itself erupted as an army of ghouls and zombies crawled from their graves, instantly bearing down on the Pit Lord. They crawled up his legs like spiders, claws and teeth sinking into the demon's flesh. Many were mutilated by the felblood's burn, yet they still continued to press the attack. With a roar Lethean joined them, his cuts stronger than before. "Time to finish this!" I wish I still had some of my death knights, but Ian's still with us at least...
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Tichrom did not see the violet portal open up; all he saw was the death of the water elementals.That's twice that magic has failed us... Luckily, the pit lord had already sustained many wounds. As its actions slowed down, the pace of the party quickened. One of the death knights had cleared out while the others were adopting new tactics against the greater foe. It is time I joined them.

Reaching out to any wildlife in the area, Tichrom pleaded with the beasts of the land. Finish him. Put an end to he who would corrupt your home. Please, aid me in my time of need. At first, nothing seemed to happen. Gradually, though, a dull roar could be heard; a stampede was coming. A swarm of the beasts of Dragonblight enveloped the pit lord, giving aid to the heroes where they could.

"He's nearly finished! Fight on, my friends!"

Gimain stopped half way up the Pit Lord's back watching the battle as he saw the death knight summon what appears to be undead and zombies What kind of magic is this to bring forth the dead He climbed to about the neck of the Pit Lord as he slowly started to hack the back of his neck, feeling him getting weaker and weaker

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ian saw Lethean call forth the army of the dead and watched as they ran about the pit lord ravaging his weakened body. Ian turned back to the wound that he was working. He unleashed a fury of rapid blows aguemented by frost to prevent him from being caught by the burning blood. He ran frigid winds into the gash cooling it off allowing the dragon hawk to dive in and fight with him. Between the dragon hawk and the wildlife, Ian only assumed was the work of the Druid, he could regenerate his runic power and catch his breath. Once the wound was a deep festering gash, Ian gripped his katana and began channeling all the death around him. His blade exploded with energy, as the runes lit up and souls of the damned and living a like flocked to it "death to the living and glory to the lich king!" Ian plunged the rune blade into the wound then while gripping his sword jumped off the pit lords shoulder. The blade ripped and tore through flesh as it slowed Ian's decent down the pit lord. The wound had grown from the top of his shoulder, down his side to the top of his hind leg. It was raining fel blood. Once Ian hit the ground he collapsed to a knee. Channeling all that energy took a toll on him. Hopefully he gave the others heroes the opening they needed to finish the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gigantic demon was sustaining heavy damage and his eyes widened to their extreme. No! I will...not fall....to....losers!!! He flapped his wings at that moment, knocking the adventurers back. Free to attack he raised his sword and began to channel a bright green spell. Some of you...worship...death. Now.....you get to relive it's....dormancy! The area around the Pit Lord became engulfed in fel fire. A bubble enveloped around him, making a shield of flames. Again he raised his sword and approached the adventurers. The demon walked in agonizing pain and his shield was waning. It looks....like I'll make do with....cooked!

The combined assault was working. Their were wounds all over the large demon and fel blood soaked the gound beneath. The death knight summoned the undead and they pushed through intense pain, attacking through a sea of burning fel blood. He throws his own soldiers into harms way... What respect do these death knights have towards their own comrades? Gar was disgusted by this notion, but could not let it get in his way. The only thing that matters is stopping Sargeras. We're all going to have to do things we don't want to.

Darkpaw zipped back and forth across the front lower section of the demon, working on the large wound they had given it earlier. The demon suddenly flapped it's imposing wings and instinctively Gar made a low, shrill whistle. Darkpaw was instantly at his side when the fiery shield began to form. The demon was being reckless. Swinging it's large sword to and fro, paying no heed to what he was hitting. He just moved forward, towards the adventurers. The Pit Lord had a crazed look in it's eyes. The madness that controlled him had taken over completely. The sustained blood loss had weakened the demon... but it did not seem to notice. The Pit Lord kept on yelling out at the party as if it were in full strength. The beast will simply die of exhaustion soon... but a single strike from it could still prove deadly.

The beasts of Dragonblight were always a sight to see. Their majesty and strength were admirable. Now, they were nothing more than burnt flesh and smoldering fur. Gar could see the anger begin to spill over in the Druid. One as close to nature as he would surely feel the loss of so many lives and take it very personally. "Tichrom! Huntress! We need to focus on slowing the demon down! Let them deal the finishing blow." Gar pointed at the four melee based adventurers in the front lines. He loaded a slick trap into his launcher and hoped the others would follow suit. Gar fired with trained precision to a spot right in front of the demon's right front leg. This NEEDS to work.

Gimain felt the Pit Lord raising up, he quickly slide down the Pit Lord's back and off his tail just in time as the shield surrounded the Pit Lord. pew that was a close one, don't want to be flame grilled dwarf that's for sure
    Rolling away as he regrouped with the rest of the party as they saw the Pit Lord trying his best to take them down with him.

Tichrom felt every one of their deaths. Every creature that fell, he felt in his mind and his soul. It was maddening; the druid was losing control. Just before he slipped away into a mad rage, he heard the hunter's voice behind him, calling him back. The pit lord had to be slowed down. Falling back to the hunter, the Tichrom began to channel powerful energies, focusing his anger into the nature around him.

Giant roots shot out of the ground and began to constrict the demon. Driving rain blew into the pit lord's eyes, blinding him. More faeries began to swarm. The demon's strikes became more frantic and random, he was clearly growing weaker.

"FINISH HIM! STRIKE THAT MONSTER DOWN WHERE HE STANDS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    NOooooooo!!!! I will not...be beaten! Lord Sargeras! Aid me!!! He knew such aid wouldn't come; his lord paid no mind to weaklings, even through loyal faith. The demon was terribly wounded and was unable to call for help. He now awaited the finishing blow. Damn...you....Azerothians....