Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gimain watched in shock as he watched the druid summon giant roots to tie down the Pit Lord. Damn all these magic uses He ran towards the Pit Lord dodging his wild swings, trying to break free of the roots, but they were to strong even for a Pit Lord.
    Gimain saw the adventures attacking one nasty wound, Gimain went and started hacking at it with all his strength, cutting deeper into the demons leg.
    Last edited by creedhunter; 2013-02-14 at 05:54 AM.

((We're charging up that final blow real good it seems. I guess it's for suspense :P ))
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I was just waiting for Mex. It looked like he had something in mind and I didn't want to cut him off. I'll continue even despite that soon enough.))

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((Ya I was waiting on Mex also...I haven't fell off the face of the planet yet))

((Ima just over here doin druid-y stuff, was waiting on someone else to finish him. Might have to start firin' mah laser soon though if Mex doesn't show))

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Come on guys or i'll jump in to do the dirty job ))

((Hey all. I'm so very sorry for the sudden absence - I'm kind of sick and tired of work, lol. Thank god for a weekend off! ;o ))

Lethean, followed by his risen soldiers, attacked the Pit Lord savagely and without respite. His minions jumped at the demon's legs, furiously clawing at the tough felhide, tearing it open and spilling its blood. Lethean attempted to plunge Shadowfrost into the Pit Lord's thigh, but was knocked away. The Scourgelord slammed into the ground, almost losing his grip on his runeblade.
    Growling, he pushed himself to his feet and faced the demon, who vainly tried to fight off the hundreds of undead soldiers climbing up his legs and ripping at his flesh. Lethena stood tall, letting his runeblade slowly fall as a roar echoed through the mountains. Lethean's frostwyrm dived down and snatched the Scourgelord up just as he'd finished sheathing Shadowfrost. Without hesitation Lethean began climbing up to the saddle, carefully maneuvering is way up the frostwyrm's foreleg. He swung himself into the saddle, which was adorned with skulls and small, wicked blades, and started to rise to his feet, making sure he kept his balance. As he did this he drew Shadowfrost, and far below he could see the rest of the party push the attack. As his frostwyrm flew into position, Lethean readied himself for the perfect moment. I have to time this right, or I'll pretty much end up as a nice little puddle of pulped meat on the ground. He made sure his grip on Shadowfrost was tight and waited, narrowing his eyes as the frostwyrm soared just over the Pit Lord's head, or rather forty feet above it.
    Now.
    Lethean jumped from the saddle, angling Shadowfrost so that the tip of the runeblade was pointing downward and leading. His speed increased as he fell through the frigid skies and he infused his runeblade with unholy energy, watching as the adorned blade took on a dark purple aura. The Pit Lord became bigger and bigger as Lethean neared him, and he put all his strength into holding the blade in a fixed position as he struck.
    Felblood spurted from the vicious wound as Shadowfrost tore into the Pit Lord's hide, right at the juncture between its shoulder and neck. Just as he hit Lethean released his grip on Shadowfrost and shoved backward, propelling himself off of the demon and landing in a roll. As he straightened he could hear the demon let loose a furious roar of anger and pain, and a grin spread across the Scourgelord's face.

Alex paused in his ascent as he saw the Scourgelord put his plan into motion, and quickly jumped from the demon's shoulder, sailing through the air and landing in a six-foot deep snowbank. His fur was instantly covered in white, freshly-fallen snow, and the worgen's nose twitched at the sudden coldness. He growled as he dug himself from the snowbank and watched the death knight fall like a comet, crashing into the Pit Lord and sinking his runeblade deep, inflicting what was certain to be a fatal wound. As he did this he pushed off of the demon, almost preforming the same move Alex had done moments ago. He's clever, I'll give him that, the worgen thought, flexing his claws and rolling his shoulders. Not too bad.

Velirra stood still, an arrow nocked and aimed at the Pit Lord's throat as she watched Lethean jump from his frostwyrm, high up in the cloudly, frigid skies, and drop down on to the massive demon, striking a vicious blow and still managing to bring himself to safety. As this happened she heard a roar behind her and turned, her emerald eyes widening as she saw Emberfire come under assault from a felguard. "NO!" she cried, watching as the felguard's huge sword sliced into her companion's wing. Emberfire loosed an agonizing cry as she struck the ground, and Velirra took aim as the felguard moved in for the killing blow.
    "Die, felspawn!" She drew the bowstring back and released the arrow, and it struck the felguard in the throat, ripping straight through the flesh and killing the demon instantly. Blood spurted everywhere as it dropped into the snow, and Velirra swiftly lowered her bow and dashed towards Emberfire. No, no no no no no...

Lethean turned back to face the Pit Lord, who roared in agony and stumbled, trying to find the shadow-infused runeblade lodged inside of him. The Scourgelord spread both his hands and raised them. Shadowy tendrils began to reach forth as he chanted in the Scourge tongue, softly, as if whispering to the wind. My lord... grant me the power to undo this... obstruction. The tendrils grew in size, reaching out and wrapping themselves around the Pit Lord's arms, legs and throat. He roared again, this time in both fear and unearthly pain as the tendrils drew his lifeforce from his soul, transfering it to Lethean. The Scourgelord absorbed the energy, a savage grin on his face as he did this, and drew forth as the Pit Lord continued to crash about, cries of rage and pain following it as it slowly crumbled beneath the tendrils.
    "NO! You cannot defeat me so easily! The Dark Lord will crush you all and turn your world to ashes! He... is unstoppable! My death will achieve you foolish lesser creatures NOTHING! I... cannot..." The ground shook as the Pit Lord fell, his malevolant weapon released from his grasp. And hovering above the Pit Lord's corpse, Lethean saw as he withdrew his magic, was his runeblade, encased in an emerald shell of magic, glowing vibrantly.

((If that was too much let me know, I'll change anything required!))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

((Finally someone killed the damned thing. I was hoping for anyone to to do it. Oh and in a strange turn of events, Lethean has been granted the power of Inuyasha's Tetsaiga :P ))

It was done. The formiddable demon was finally put down thanks to the combined efforts of strangers turned comrades. Gar let a sigh of relief slip by and relaxed his shoulders, placing his bow back onto his back. "Good job friends! We have made significant progress in our quest." Gar nodded at the druid and a small celebration took place. The death knights stood solemn as always. They had fell many adversaries in war but the others were much more unfamiliar with the chaos and were taking any chance they had to be happy.

He was suddenly aware of something. Not something that was hidden and had finally revealed itself, but more like something that should have been there and wasn't. At the end of every hunt and the defeat of a powerful foe, Darkpaw always howled in victory. It was something of a tradition for the two of them. Only when a comrade in the hunting party had fallen did he not howl.

Gar looked around for Darkpaw and saw him walk up to the fallen Dragonhawk. His head was lowered in respect and he was whimpering softly. The jet-black wolf licked the broken wing of the Emberfire and stayed by her side. Gar walked up the the stricken Velirra and said, "Huntress, I am sorry for the damage your friend has sustained. She is a fine beast and I know how it feels to have one you care for so much get injured so badly. I have been trained in the care of animals and will help in any way I can." Memories flooded Gar's mind all of a sudden. A battle against a large Kodo in The Barrens... before Deathwing. Darkpaw getting hit on his side. The anger against the beast and the love for his companion were overwhelming and he was beginning to see the same emotions in the Blood Elf. He knew to keep his distance but provide any aid he could. The only person who could truly help her pet was herself. Who else would know better?

Gar stood up, looking on at the gathering adventurers and said, "We need to find where the mage was taken to. That is our next move."

After what seemed like an eternity, the Scourgelord finally put down the Pit Lord. Tichrom relaxed nature and breathed a deep sigh of relief and fulfillment. Now there is one less monstrosity that will be harming Azeroth, and one less hellspawn between Sargeras and I. He returned a nod he received from the hunter, and then enjoyed a brief moment of happiness before the group began to plan their next move.

They had to find the mage; that much was obvious. But how? With no portal, no mage to open one, and no idea of where she could be, there was nothing to go on. Tichrom feared that this obstacle would prove to be more challenging than the last.

Gimain let out a sigh as he watched the Pit Lord fall to the Scourgelord I wouldn't want to be fighting against him
    "So where's the drinks to celebrate this victory hey?"

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Kinda weird, but I'm ok with this.))

"All aboard!" As the pit lord's eyes lost their color, bronze drakes had settled near the victorious party and bowed. "Onto our backs! We'll take you to the top of the temple. Your friend Arinite is currently engaging the demon's commandant!" They beckoned the adventurers to climb on as another voice boomed from above. "We'll hold off the demons at the front of the temple! The Greys are no where near done!" Aldean yelled from atop the Skybreaker, which had no turned to aid the battle going on in the south. "Give that death knight a traitor's death! She deserves no less!"

Velirra knelt beside her injured friend, who squirmed in silent agony in a puddle of melting snow, which had turned the same deep crimson as her scales. A single tear slid down Velirra's cheek at seeing her closest friend in such pain. She barely even heard the tauren's offer of aid - and knowing full-well he was as skilled in their arts as she, could probably help her greatly - and was about to say something when bronze dragons flew down, saying that they had found Neyira, that Arinite was currently in battle with the corrupt kaldorei. Velirra shook her head and closed her eyes.
    "No," she murmured, just loud enough for Gar to hear. The corners of her mouth twitched upward and another tear rolled down her face as she watched the tauren's pet, a fierce wolf, reveal just how gentle-hearted he was as he lied down beside Emberfire. Her companion barely uttered her agonized hiss as she strained to move, causing her even greater pain. "Go on. They need you more than I do. I... I will tend to her and rejoin you later." She let her gaze wash over Emberfire as she began to form ideas in her head. Unlike before, Emberfire was much too large to simple pick up in her arms and carry somewhere safe; the dragonhawk had grown monstrously in size since then. What left Velirra most concerned was that her injury had been afflicted upon the same wing that had been torn years ago, and this time the damage could possibly render Emberfire grounded for much longer than mere days.
    "My friend," she whispered, very lightly tracing two fingers near Emberfire's wound. The dragonhawk seemed to have calmed down somewhat but was still very clearly in much pain. How in the name of the sun am I supposed to move her?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lethean stretched out his right hand and watched as Shadowfrost was pulled from its position high above the Pit Lord's corpse, and the Scourgelord wrapped his hand around the runeblade's hilt. He turned to the party and saw that the blood elf's pet had been severely wounded, and even now was being tended to by its master. Beside her stood another hunter, a tauren whose lifelong companion was a wolf. Just as he sheathed Shadowfrost, numerous bronze drakes soared down. One of them yelled, "All aboard! Onto our backs! We'll take you to the top of the temple. Your friend Arinite is currently engaging the demon's commandant!"
    Is he speaking of Neyira? Lethean thought, eyes narrowing. Silent as a shadow and without a word, Lethean turned and beckoned to his frostwyrm, which hovered just above the ground. Jumping and grabbing hold of the skeletal wyrm's foreleg, Lethean did the same thing he'd done earlier, climbing up the limb and settling himself in the saddle. Corrupt, under Sargeras's control and in command of hordes of demons and whatever the hell else the Titan has at his disposal - wonderful. It'll make my revenge twice as satisfying, putting down the one who stopped me from killing a former enemy and taking out half of Sargeras's forces in one shot. Although, if she had not stayed my hand back in Icecrown, Darced would have likely fallen, thus I would not be where I am now... Lethean shook his head as he dwelled on these thoughts, steering the frostwyrm towards the top of Wyrmrest.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Alex let his gaze linger on the fallen Pit Lord for another moment, then made his way back to where the rest of the party was. He immediately noticed that Velirra was kneeling beside her pet, who writhed in the snow - which had turned crimson - in obvious agony. He froze as he watched the tauren hunter and his pet, whom he'd seen earlier, approach the sin'dorei and her fallen companion and speak in hushed tones. The worgen did not move for what seemed like an eternity, then finally - and very cautiously - approached her, a roll of embersilk bandages already in his furry, clawed hand. He quietly crouched beside her and waited as she seemed to whisper to herself. Finally she noticed him, and the sadness and pain in her eyes had completely overrun any anger towards him... for the moment, at least. He gestured with his snout and she hesitantly opened her palm. He slowly placed the bandages in her open hand, blinked at her for a moment, then quickly stood and walked towards the flock of bronze drakes that had just landed, his brusque and dark demeanor back.
    Last edited by xensorlol; 2013-02-17 at 05:24 PM.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((If Neyira did not stay my hand, Darced would have likely fallen. Yeah, keep telling yourself that Mex :P Nah jk lol.))

(( ;D Gotta keep the morale going!))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Gimain watched as the bronzes drakes landed and shouted all aboard.
    " Damn this do I really have to climb on and fly again?" Walking towards the bronze drake, hmm how do I mount this thing, he tries jumping on but fails, he stops and watches the other mount, he climbed up the foreleg leg and onto the saddle. "Now listen here drake I'm not found of been in the air so the faster we get there the better" The bronze drake taking off, Gimain holding onto the reins hard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not one hundred percent trusting of the bronze Ian whistled for his frost wyrm. He flew next to Lethean and asked,"are you going to be able to kill her when the time comes? I know you have a history but if you can't finish the job I will. She would have been gone already had the Mage not interfered the last time."

Gar nodded in solemn respect. He would not let another touch Darkpaw even if help was offered. More importantly, though, was the mission at hand. Gar was well aware before coming that there would be casualties. His heart ached for the huntress but there were bigger problems to deal with. With a soft whistle from Gar, Darkpaw gingerly arose from his seat next to the fallen Dragonhawk. He nuzzled the beast gently and trotted off to his master and friend.

The pair wandered to a larger bronze drake and held on tight. Darkpaw was a large wolf and it was difficult for the two of them to stay on for long. "We must hurry dragon. I fear for your back." "HahHAHaa!! We bronzes are much stronger than we appear Tauren. If I had the room, I could fly all of you up at once!" At least he's in good spirits. Gar smiled and together, they took off following after the two Frostwyrms.
    Last edited by dangelo37; 2013-02-18 at 07:44 AM.

Tichrom could only imagine the pain that the huntress must be feeling; he saw her turn away aid offered by the tauren, and thought it best that he leave her to tend to her wounded companion herself. It pained him to leave a beast in such agony, but it was obviously something the huntress wanted to deal with on her own.

Respectfully declining the bronze drake's offer of a ride, the druid shifted into a swift bird and took flight, keeping pace with both the frostwyrms and the tauren-bearing drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arinite struggled to hold off against the voidwalkers. Neyira summoned many, but was no longer needed once portals began to open across the terrace. "What was that about you killing me? I thought the Greys were more durable than this!" The mage gripped her stomach as she cast her summonings. Water elementals heeded her call and fought against the ever growing horde of black demons. One kick and I'm nearly out of commission! I'll hand it to the death knights, they're built to last.

Her elementals began to fall more frequently and Arinite felt her mana reserves fading. I-can't...die yet! Just then, streams of emerald colored energy smashed into her minions and they were rejuvenated. The combatants turned in surprise as bronze drakes and frostwyrms blocked their view of the sky. Arinite remained focused as the Wishdoctor set his totems near her. "We be gettin' da rest mon. Ya do good." She stood determined, "No way am I taking a rest now. Just help me kill her."

Neyira's eyes narrowed as she spotted Lethean atop his prized mount. Well, things finally got interesting.