Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Think of monk kinda of like the 4 elements from avatar. They bend earth wind and water right now those being Niazo, Xuen and Yu-lon. The only one left they have not bent is fire which is the element of Chi-Ji. Chi-Ji represents the hope of the flame on Pandaria such is the reason that the Chi-Ji monks use fire based chi spells (on the island of Chi-Ji.

Flyingflame would be the spec name I choose for this spec. It would use fire based chi abilities and a flame burst to build chi with. the biggest problem I find here is finding a suitable AoE you could make them be in melee for AoE and do a flaming sinning crane kick but I don't think that would work to well.

Personally I would love to see it but I wonder if they will do it because it screams fire mage I would almost rather them do a melee Chi-Ji spec. Where you are using the flame of chi-ji to burn your foe's while you use your martial arts to take down the target using abilities of flame inside that rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzion View Post
    The only one left they have not bent is fire which is the element of Chi-Ji.
    Spinning Fire Blossom / path of blossoms / Fire breath says hi.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Path is saying good bye so that leaves 2 verses how many of the other types.
    Last edited by Dizzion; 2013-02-10 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cranedancer or Firedancer.

<X>dancer, really.

Chi-ji's feathers are confirmed via a Celestials quest to be favored for fletching. I imagine a Red Crane monk would be a ranged, bow-wielding monk (guns and crossbows included for gameplay reasons)

Edit: Hooooooly shit, didn't realize I'd already posted in this thread. In my defense, it's been a while.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzion View Post
    Think of monk kinda of like the 4 elements from avatar. They bend earth wind and water right now those being Niazo, Xuen and Yu-lon. The only one left they have not bent is fire which is the element of Chi-Ji. Chi-Ji represents the hope of the flame on Pandaria such is the reason that the Chi-Ji monks use fire based chi spells (on the island of Chi-Ji.

Flyingflame would be the spec name I choose for this spec. It would use fire based chi abilities and a flame burst to build chi with. the biggest problem I find here is finding a suitable AoE you could make them be in melee for AoE and do a flaming sinning crane kick but I don't think that would work to well.

Personally I would love to see it but I wonder if they will do it because it screams fire mage I would almost rather them do a melee Chi-Ji spec. Where you are using the flame of chi-ji to burn your foe's while you use your martial arts to take down the target using abilities of flame inside that rotation.
    I don't think giving this spec something to akin to fire magic is the right way to go. As I said in my OP, I think a better route would be Chi-based energy attacks.

For example;

Energy-based attacks based on chi is a staple of martial arts media and games. I was actually a little disappointed that more long-ranged chi attacks weren't available to the class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-02-11 at 01:55 AM.

Thought of an ability for the spec, Similar to killing spree.

You basicaly teleport to a random adjacent spot next to the target preforming a tiger palm or blackout kick or some sort of other melee martial artsy ability. Each time the attack is done it leaves behind a sort of colored after image depictng the attack you did, the visual would be similar to the Storm earth and fire ability.

Doesn't even have to be blackout kick or tigers palm, it could be like teleport infront of the target and do a low leg sweeping kick then teleport behind and do a high kick then to the side to do a a type of punch idk.

Stormstrider
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Starcaller

Hey, Algalon is some kind of celestial too! Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't think giving this spec something to akin to fire magic is the right way to go.
    It's not fire magic it's fire chi and lore says that the spirits help the monk use the chi of the 4 elements ( the essences) cause their chi to resemble the element they are using. That's why call upon storm earth and fire to head their call before going into battle.

So no fire magic more like red chi that bursts into the target setting them aflame or burning their spirit to a crisp.

Mist - Weaver
    Wind - Walker
    Brew - Master

Chi - Bender? Twister? Shaper? Dancer?
    Spirit - Bender? Twister? Shaper? Dancer?

Not sure really but you see we're I'm coming from. To keep it in line with the other specs it would be a noun and then a verb.