Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destruction is bad for raiding.....

......not

Before I proceed I must tell you

a) I am a casual
    b) Never stepped foot into Normal or HCs...simply because I did not have time commitment for that.
    c) I am currently stationed in Bangalore,India and my lag time is around 450ms to 600 ms.
    d) I am a pure destro (main/os) from lvl 10 - 90.
    Though embarrassing I must admit that I don't even know the spells of the other two specs having played this lock from Jan 2, 2013 only.

My toon : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...4uron/advanced

Having said all that, I was pleasantly surprised to do see my spec do well in LFR though ppl everywhere (wow forums/mmo/guild/trade chat) asked me to learn Aff for raiding
    a)
    -----
    http://i.imgur.com/f6F4srY.jpg

^ As you can see I scored 2nd in damage in LFR.
    ------

b)
    --------
    http://i.imgur.com/94sLbUD.jpg

^ I scored 100k+ dps on this LFR.This was my first time breaking 100k mark (even higher in dmg done than 491 ilvl demo lock behind me...though he had better burst)
    ---------

Only thing I did was micro-managing my embers/dark soul/havoc
    TLDR...destruction is not that bad for raiding
    PS : Would I have scored more dmg had I played Demo/Aff with my gear (and the same love that I have for destro) ?..Dunno
    Last edited by sauron123; 2013-01-29 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have done more dps if you didn't have that expertise enchant on your gloves =P
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

I beat people in dps in lfr while only casting Mind Sear, with your logic all Priest should only cast Mind Sear.

You see how that train of thought doesn't work?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Would have done more dps if you didn't have that expertise enchant on your gloves =P
    Isn't expertise giving hit to casters now? Think it was changed/hotfixed back in 5.0 or 5.1. A lot of mages were happy that they can have both hit and reforge into expertise to gain even more hit chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Expertise nowadays provide hit too ...even for casters too

Deleted
    That other lock probably went AFK after he did his burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    That other lock probably went AFK after he did his burst.
    Was thinking the same thing. Or he died. Either way, that's not just a better burst. He stopped attacking somehow. (Post activity? :P)

Hey guys ive never played pool or snooker except for casually playing it when im drunk. It turns out when i hold the cue the wrong way round I actually won a couple of games against my other drunk friends. I GUESS HOLDING THE QUEUE THE WRONG WAY IS OKAY.
    See this logic.
    This is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Hey guys ive never played pool or snooker except for casually playing it when im drunk. It turns out when i hold the cue the wrong way round I actually won a couple of games against my other drunk friends. I GUESS HOLDING THE QUEUE THE WRONG WAY IS OKAY.
    See this logic.
    This is you.
    no, it isn't, because playing destruction is not playing wrong. destruction is perfectly viable. it's not anywhere near optimal, but it's viable. if he enjoys destruction, I give him my respect, for he doesn't mindlessly respec to the best theoretical dps spec like most people. instead, he plays the game the enjoyable way for him. aren't games supposed to be fun?

I'm a demonology warlock, with an affliction fishing spec I use for water walking. I hate destruction. if next patch destruction turns into the FotM spec, I'll just say "screw you, I'm demo" and than /dance.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I actually agree. I switched to affliction the other day cuz im hella bored with destro. Now im doing 70-110k dps instead of the usual 50-60k. Destro is still king on trash tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, it isn't, because playing destruction is not playing wrong. destruction is perfectly viable. it's not anywhere near optimal, but it's viable. if he enjoys destruction, I give him my respect, for he doesn't mindlessly respec to the best theoretical dps spec like most people. instead, he plays the game the enjoyable way for him. aren't games supposed to be fun?

I'm a demonology warlock, with an affliction fishing spec I use for water walking. I hate destruction. if next patch destruction turns into the FotM spec, I'll just say "screw you, I'm demo" and than /dance.
    I have nothing against him playing whatever spec he wants, but sayings it not bad for raiding when he admits himself he has done no normal raids let alone heroic kind of dissolves his whole argument.

Deleted
    Trying to prove a point with logs from LFR is rarely a good idea, most of the people in there are beginners/afk/rerolls...
    And even if it wasn't LFR, beating one random warlock doesn't mean anything.

Deleted
    Afflic is supposedly better, http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/affliction. Play what you enjoy

Deleted
    Destro is viable in pve. heck it even beats affliction on some bosses for example tsulong hc. If ur just good at it u can always top the meters.

Hey guys, I can beat people in lfr with denounce. Holy paladins is bad dps for raiding... not. Hey guys, I can beat people in lfr, I am not even a hardcore gamer... Raiding is easy. Hey guys, I have never raided and don't have the time commitment but I can beat people in lfr, this makes my opinion an expert one.

Your premises do not support your argument.

Deleted
    i love destruction /demo but i find demo to be harder than destruction. question is would i earn more to learn playing demo then destruction or are they the same but destruction easier?

Deleted
    Picking a pure dps class and then locking yourself into one spec and one spec only is just bad. You should get to know all of the specs as they each have fights in which they excel. Affliction is just the best on more fights right now and is the no-brainer if you actually care about how well you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    PS : Would I have scored more dmg had I played Demo/Aff with my gear (and the same love that I have for destro) ?..Dunno
    Yes.

Btw, nobody claims that destruction is bad. Or atleast if they do, they are implying that affliction and demonology are better, not that destruction isn't perfectly viable, to the same extent as balance druids and elemental shamans are.

Deleted
    problem is some parts for me that makes me not going affliction even though i like to be as good as i can. and also why i prefer one spec.
    to begine with all 3 specs use diffrent gems/stat prios wich mess some specs up. i love affliction i find it fun and i started mop as it. but recently by posts i read the geming /reforging makes my head hurt.. when i sim myself for exempel it says am to go full mastery so i go and plugg it into ask mr robot for right gems/reforge.but it makes me go so low on haste i doubt it to be right. also recently ask mr robot saying i should go for 7% hit whats up with that...i would go for 12% as lowest. what i came up with is that it messes my head up.

if ya can help me out your free to do so
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Aqira/simple

Deleted
    AskMrRobot does what you tell it to do.