LFR + Normal raid

Sorry if this is a stupid question but my guild will start raiding tonight and we'll do Stone Guard, can I still LFR it before or it'll lock me out?

Thanks!

LFR is separate from other lockouts, so you can do both.
    do what you feel.

And while it's a nice idea to do LFR before you run it in regular mode, please be aware that there are major differences in how hard some abilities hit so there should be major differences in the way you handle the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    And while it's a nice idea to do LFR before you run it in regular mode, please be aware that there are major differences in how hard some abilities hit so there should be major differences in the way you handle the encounter.

Yeah, I've watched the video on Tankspot, hopefully everything goes well, haven't been in a "real" raid since AQ40 and I was DPS not tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Yeah, I've watched the video on Tankspot, hopefully everything goes well, haven't been in a "real" raid since AQ40 and I was DPS not tank.
    As was stated, LFR and normal/heroic share different raid lockouts. Normal/heroic 10/25 are all the same lockout.

Additionally, if you are a tank be aware that in LFR people just hold all 3 dogs together and nuke them all. This does not work in normal which you have likely seen in the video. Additionally, if this is your first raid night do not be discouraged, you will wipe a lot, especially while you not only learn to play together as a group but also learn how to taunt the dogs properly.

Ditto what he said on tanking Stone Guard. It's a really nasty fight if you're an inexperienced tank. Overcommunicate. Don't be afraid to go off to another vent channel with your other tank so you can more easily ignore everything the healers and dps are chattering about that might get in the way of knowing when to taunt something.