Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
59
... LastLast
  1. #961
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What isn't enough, AA?
    Clearly not, but it has made epic leaps and bounds for what it is.

    I'm not advocating for more quotas in jobs, but more education to eliminate racism. The problem isn't specifically whites in work or writing tests, it's the noticeable subconscious racism involved that's being shown in sociological reports.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  2. #962
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Clearly not, but it has made epic leaps and bounds for what it is.

    I'm not advocating for more quotas in jobs, but more education to eliminate racism. The problem isn't specifically whites in work or writing tests, it's the noticeable subconscious racism involved that's being shown in sociological reports.
    I just don't feel we can ever get past racism, if racist laws and programs exist. two wrongs don't make a right, even if the intent was good, or just to get votes, or whatever.

  3. #963
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I just don't feel we can ever get past racism, if racist laws and programs exist. two wrongs don't make a right, even if the intent was good, or just to get votes, or whatever.
    It's only racist if it unfairly advantages one group over another. The quotas never do that - it's proportionate and even then, not completely proportionate. It doesn't require exactly 14% of the workforce to be black, for example.

    I also agree that something like AA shouldn't be everlasting, but when the figures stabilise closer to proportions, then we can abolish it.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  4. #964
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It's only racist if it unfairly advantages one group over another. The quotas never do that - it's proportionate and even then, not completely proportionate. It doesn't require exactly 14% of the workforce to be black, for example.

    I also agree that something like AA shouldn't be everlasting, but when the figures stabilise closer to proportions, then we can abolish it.
    With all this pathetic outcry would think that AA has given 8 out of every 10 job positions to a non-white person, or something.

  5. #965
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It's only racist if it unfairly advantages one group over another. The quotas never do that - it's proportionate and even then, not completely proportionate. It doesn't require exactly 14% of the workforce to be black, for example.

    I also agree that something like AA shouldn't be everlasting, but when the figures stabilise closer to proportions, then we can abolish it.
    It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?

    This is a good and relevant article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ction/1623487/

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    With all this pathetic outcry would think that AA has given 8 out of every 10 job positions to a non-white person, or something.
    Its wrong to judge by race.

  6. #966
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?
    This line of logic automatically assumes that those who benefit from AA are unskilled though.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    This line of logic automatically assumes that those who benefit from AA are unskilled though.
    Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain under performing people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Clearly not, but it has made epic leaps and bounds for what it is.

    I'm not advocating for more quotas in jobs, but more education to eliminate racism. The problem isn't specifically whites in work or writing tests, it's the noticeable subconscious racism involved that's being shown in sociological reports.
    What leaps would that be? As far as i am aware the number of unemployeed black people is twice as high as the rest. It clearly isn't working. Your "education" sounds a lot like Indoctrination and forced Self hate for white kids. ( i feel sorry for those you influence)
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-01 at 11:43 PM.

  8. #968
    Merely a Setback Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    26,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?

    This is a good and relevant article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ction/1623487/

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:17 PM ----------



    Its wrong to judge by race.
    Judge : Form an opinion or conclusion about.

    AA doesn't make people form opinions about the applicants lol, in fact without AA people were being JUDGE FOR THEIR RACE, and whites were often hired as they white males were often hired as women and minorities were JUDGE negatively. There is no opinion forming on race.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".
    Well please show proof that white business owners (majority of all business) do not prefer to hire white males, whether purposefully OR SUBCONSCIOUSLY, because many studies will show you they in fact DO, which leads to people wanting and needing AA. Also how do you explain white women who get jobs because of AA is it racist?

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain under performing people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".\



    What leaps would that be? As far as i am aware the number of unemployeed black people is twice as high as the rest. It clearly isn't working.
    Red Herring response. Projections and "feel good theories" aren't a viable substitute for empirical evidence either, I'm afraid.

  10. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Red Herring response. Projections and "feel good theories" aren't a viable substitute for empirical evidence either, I'm afraid.
    Replying to every post with "Red herring" and "You are an ignorant whitey" isn't appealing either.

  11. #971
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,788
    Of course, it's possible. You should ask Mandarin and Cantonese speakers how many offensive slang words they have for the white man. In Cantonese alone, there are about 26.

  12. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Replying to every post with "Red herring" and "You are an ignorant whitey" isn't appealing either.
    And yet, I still remain accurate. Unlike yourself.

  13. #973
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And yet, I still remain accurate. Unlike yourself.
    http://www.martindale.com/members/Ar...edDecision.pdf

    The Supreme Court ruled that the city of New Haven, Connecticut, engaged in unlawful race discrimination when it discarded the results of a firefighter promotional exam because the city feared a lawsuit by black candidates who failed the test. Ricci v. DeStefano. In doing so, the Supreme Court introduced a new standard into Title VII discrimination cases dealing with employers’ use of tests and other mechanisms for evaluating candidates for promotion, hiring or layoffs – the “strong basis in evidence” test.
    It's enough to wave the race card and the employeer will cave in and very conciously throw the white guy under the bus. It doesn't sound good, it sounds pretty terrifing.

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    This line of logic automatically assumes that those who benefit from AA are unskilled though.
    No, no it does not.

  15. #975
    And yet, that doesn't prove that those who benefit from AA are automatically unskilled. Which was my statement. Try to keep up.

  16. #976
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?

    This is a good and relevant article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ction/1623487/
    Why would a company be forced to promote someone that is less experienced and less of an overall asset because of skin color? What are you are doing is assuming that everyone that maybe got in because of AA has less experienced and is less of an overall asset. So because they are not white we must automatically assume they are not as a good of a worker.

    Or we can not be ignorant and use an example were both people are both good workers and the only difference is race.

    As for your article the girl is suing on the belief that she was not chosen because she was white. Not because she found out she was but that she has the belief that her qualification are better than most of the non-whites that are in the school.

    And while they do use AA for the most part they what sounds like a fair plan.

    The school uses a "Top 10 Percent" plan, through which students in the top 10% of their high school graduating classes are automatically admitted to the state university of their choice. That has helped schools boost racial diversity, primarily because most of the state's public high schools are segregated by race and ethnicity.

  17. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Why would a company be forced to promote someone that is less experienced and less of an overall asset because of skin color? What are you are doing is assuming that everyone that maybe got in because of AA has less experienced and is less of an overall asset. So because they are not white we must automatically assume they are not as a good of a worker.

    Or we can not be ignorant and use an example were both people are both good workers and the only difference is race.

    As for your article the girl is suing on the belief that she was not chosen because she was white. Not because she found out she was but that she has the belief that her qualification are better than most of the non-whites that are in the school.

    And while they do use AA for the most part they what sounds like a fair plan.
    The quote you posted isn't the only way they select students. And no, I didn't state non-white workers are automatically worse than the white ones. The fact is, this does happen, and shouldn't. Race just plain shouldn't be a deciding factor, I don't care if that helps whites or blacks more.

    They are forced because they must do so in the name of "diversity." The same thing is happening right now in the NFL. (Or possibly about to happen)

  18. #978
    Merely a Setback Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    26,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The quote you posted isn't the only way they select students. And no, I didn't state non-white workers are automatically worse than the white ones. The fact is, this does happen, and shouldn't. Race just plain shouldn't be a deciding factor, I don't care if that helps whites or blacks more.

    They are forced because they must do so in the name of "diversity." The same thing is happening right now in the NFL. (Or possibly about to happen)
    What do you do about the fact that RACE IS A DECIDING FACTOR, for people that hire others? With or without AA. WHITE MALES are preferred over women and minorities.

  19. #979
    Black Unemployment in 1972: 11.2%
    Black Unemployment in 2012: 14%

    Clearly Affirmative Action is helping.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

  20. #980
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Black Unemployment in 1972: 11.2%
    Black Unemployment in 2012: 14%

    Clearly Affirmative Action is helping.
    I'm not really a fan of affirmative action, but this is a really dumb comparison to make because those numbers say nothing about about the state of the economy at all, or about population growths, which both can affect those numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •