Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I would argue that hatred is not that complex, and fear-hatred-related racism is very present all around the world and is mainly what sparks the "oppressed vs oppressor" racism.
    "I fear you cause you stole my land and I hate you because of that". There is no upper powers sparkling this feeling, it's sent through generations and has no economical benefit.

I agree on the economical aspect of racism, interesting point. And I can clearly see the mechanics in your post describing the "building up" of racism as a tool necessary to keep society as it was.
    Those two kind of racism are clearly different between each other, but I can't get myself to think that one is "better" than the other. Or more "justified".
    We live in a (in most cases) diverse enough society and a good education is achievable by anyone.
    Falling victim of ignorance and fear (so hatred so racism) isn't justifiable at all nowadays.
    Not up here in the west at least.
    Finally someone agrees with something I say I just feel people easily tend to point fingers at the race of what is happening in today's society instead of looking at the system that made it like that in the first place. For example the argument of affirmative action. If you really want a change, don't think about blaming minorities of what is going on, blame the institution that put it in place, which consisted of primarily white people.

I also feel people are using racism that happens against them as a way to justify being discriminatory against other races. I have had people not want to talk to me because I'm black. Does that make me decide that I won't associate myself with people of their color? Hell no. Plus media plays a huge part in racism too because people seem to think how a race is portrayed on TV or in music is how all people of that color act.
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2013-01-31 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    Finally someone agrees with something I say I just feel people easily tend to point fingers at the race of what is happening in today's society instead of looking at the system that made it like that in the first place. For example the argument of affirmative action. If you really want a change, don't think about blaming minorities of what is going on, blame the institution that put it in place, which consisted of primarily white people.
    True again. But I will also blame those intelligent enough that do still defend an unjust system.

Seems like all of this could be eliminated by assigning everyone a number... say a social security number... and rank people based on merit. After the selection was made then unveil the names, gender, and race of the applicants. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Seems like all of this could be eliminated by assigning everyone a number... say a social security number... and rank people based on merit. After the selection was made then unveil the names, gender, and race of the applicants. Problem solved.
    Can we do it with lights and flashes and music like a tv show?

For example the argument of affirmative action. If you really want a change, don't think about blaming minorities of what is going on, blame the institution that put it in place, which consisted of primarily white people.
    Who elects the politicians who defend affirmative action and other entitlement programs? Politicians need votes and aren't going to disenfranchise a huge part of the voters for justice. That is political suicide.

Also blaming white people for the problems of society is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Can we do it with lights and flashes and music like a tv show?
    Sure, it's your business make it as flashy as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Who elects the politicians who defend affirmative action and other entitlement programs? Politicians need votes and aren't going to disenfranchise a huge part of the voters for justice. That is political suicide.

Also blaming white people for the problems of society is easy.
    And who said I was blaming white people for the problems of society? I was simply stating a fact that the people who were in government at the time of affirmative action were white. People seem to be blaming minorities for what is happening with affirmative action when it was the government that created it. Blaming other races for the causes of what is happening in society is also easy. If people have issues with what is going on, start reaching out to the people who are in power instead of blaming a group of people based on their race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Sounds exciting! There would be a big show when everything is unveiled lol
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2013-01-31 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    A dude unbeknownst of multiple definitions and supports discrimination, making insinuations about others' thinking capability; that's really rich.
    I love how you keep talking for me when I never said that lol. AA is called positive discrimination so the question is, is all discrimination bad? Or does some discrimination force people to look at more candidates? Some businesses tend to think so, and colleges, and politicians. Until we live in a world were people are not subconsciously choosing someone more similar to them (and remember the overwhelming majority of business are owned by whites) there needs to be something to break up that cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I love how you keep talking for me when I never said that lol.
    Yeah, because it's not like both Tiili and myself quoted that post or anything. Do you even read what you write anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I love how you keep talking for me when I never said that lol. AA is called positive discrimination so the question is, is all discrimination bad? Or does some discrimination force people to look at more candidates? Some businesses tend to think so, and colleges, and politicians. Until we live in a world were people are not subconsciously choosing someone more similar to them (and remember the overwhelming majority of business are owned by whites) there needs to be something to break up that cycle.
    Is it your opinion or a fact that its positive discrimination?

Yes, discrimination is bad. Yes, it forces skin color to outweigh equal, or even lesser skill and merits.

I was once told that Racism requires Power + Prejudice and that since white folks always had more power, they could not be victims of racism. I always find it laughable how many ways people find loop holes to commit the same crimes but excuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    I was once told that Racism requires Power + Prejudice and that since white folks always had more power, they could not be victims of racism. I always find it laughable how many ways people find loop holes to commit the same crimes but excuse them.
    It depends on how you define racism. If you define it as a systematic oppression of a certain group, then yes political power is implied. However if you just define it as bigoted views held by any individual, then no politics are necessary for an assessment.

As a white boy living in Brazil I was always preyed upon by muggers because there was common sense here that if you were white then you must be rich, a 'playboy' as they call rich boys here.

So, I think thats some kind of racism as well.

Racism is stupid and it's still here. Stop judging people by the color of their skin and don't use racism that happens against you as a means to be racist against others. Can we all be happy? /closethread

10+ Year Old Account
    I could go into detail here, but I've got something like 10k words worth of articles I need to write over the next couple days, so I'm going to spare my fingers the bloodshed here. I'm simply going to say, that I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Not being Racist, is the new Racism." Take that for what you will, I'm not going to explain myself.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

And who said I was blaming white people for the problems of society? I was simply stating a fact that the people who were in government at the time of affirmative action were white. People seem to be blaming minorities for what is happening with affirmative action when it was the government that created it. Blaming other races for the causes of what is happening in society is also easy. If people have issues with what is going on, start reaching out to the people who are in power instead of blaming a group of people based on their race.
    I am blaming politicians for creating unjust an quota system. You were the one to spout "they were white hurr durr". Maybe they had good intentions, maybe they were scumbags that just wanted to secure some votes, maybe they didn't think it through, etc. It doesn't matter what color the people that created it were. What matters is that it is unjust and should be fixed/removed.

The problem with wanting to fix/remove it is that the second you say that out loud you become a supremacist and a racist. These are the double standards we have been talking about since the begging.

Of course its possible and exists, I know some black people that are very racist against Caucasians. No one race is not racist against another race, not all people within that race obviously but sadly it will never go away totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I am blaming politicians for creating unjust an quota system. You were the one to spout "they were white hurr durr". Maybe they had good intentions, maybe they were scumbags that just wanted to secure some votes, maybe they didn't think it through, etc. It doesn't matter what color the people that created it were. What matters is that it is unjust and should be fixed/removed.

The problem with wanting to fix/remove it is that the second you say that out loud you become a supremacist and a racist. These are the double standards we have been talking about since the begging.
    I'm sorry I offended you. I'm not going to argue anymore.

Before asking this kind of silly question, look up the term "racism" in the dictionary. It's just prejudging someone based on their race (fictional construct btw, gg), it isn't white people prejudging black people or vice versa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Possible? Come be in Houston for more than five minutes and tell me it's impossible. People that say stupid stuff like that probably live in areas of the world so overwhelmingly flooded with majority white people that they don't know or understand what racism actually is.

I once had a black guy accuse me, out of three people (two of them Middle Eastern), of removing the dollar item he wanted to buy from the menu. I'll give you three guesses why he singled me out. The first two don't count.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present