Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i got called white bread the other day
    I QQ at QQers who QQ about people QQing

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Well technically they're not. There's no genuine physical, moral, intellectual or mental reason to assume skin colour automatically shapes or forms a person or what they can do. The problem with racism is that people think that way about certain groups and have created subcultures surrounding it, encouraging different (but not inherent) ways of thinking and acting.
    You mean the way You, Booshman and the pony think white people are provileged and don't deserve a fair access to education/the work market?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I know, no worries mate. Like I said, you have every right to ask for those types of questions, I am just not legally allowed to give them to you. I was just covering my butt (and yours) if that path kept getting tread. My post came across a bit more aggressive than I meant it to
    Dont give a SAT qurstion then.

"Billy has 5 apples and Tommy has 3, if Billy eats 3 apples and Tommy 1 how many apples will they have?"

How would a question like that be Black/White/Asian?
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-02 at 07:45 AM.

Deleted
    Racism is Racism no matter what ethic background the preacher is from. Racism is a disgusting, ignorant and inexcusable expression of ones beliefs whatever context it is used in, in my opinion.

this topic is so friggin old, even the dinosaurs must be getting sick of it :>

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anumi View Post
    Racism is Racism no matter what ethic background the preacher is from. Racism is a disgusting, ignorant and inexcusable expression of ones beliefs whatever context it is used in, in my opinion.
    racism is human, its not any more disgusting than hating sushi or hating on the new honda-series...
    people dislike and like things, maybe you should start accepting that and not judge everybody for it ~~

Deleted
    if you think it's impossible you simply consider the white race better and therefore 'immunue' to racism...
    ofc it;s possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post

racism is human, its not any more disgusting than hating sushi or hating on the new honda-series...
    people dislike and like things, maybe you should start accepting that and not judge everybody for it ~~
    This isnt true, if someone hates sushi the sushi will not care, if someone hates a new Honda it just means a car wont be getting sold. The idea that hating a human being is comparable to hating apiece of food or a luxury car is insulting to anyone who has been the victim of hate. A Racist defines an individual who deems his/her own race superior, it encourages intolerance, discrimination and misery in the lives of others. The irony of saying i should not judge those who judge others so extremely is blatant, i wont accept racism and never will. Im sure true victims of it will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anumi View Post
    This isnt true, if someone hates sushi the sushi will not care, if someone hates a new Honda it just means a car wont be getting sold. The idea that hating a human being is comparable to hating apiece of food or a luxury car is insulting to anyone who has been the victim of hate. A Racist defines an individual who deems his/her own race superior, it encourages intolerance, discrimination and misery in the lives of others. The irony of saying i should not judge those who judge others so extremely is blatant, i wont accept racism and never will. Im sure true victims of it will agree.
    so because somebody can get butthurt over it, means its wrong? oh please! you are pretty much criminalizing everything there has ever been in the entire universe! theres even people who are offended when you tell them that the sun does NOT orbit the earth, even TODAY! you wanna now go and tell me, that telling people about this fact is wrong because of that?!

i think you truly are overrating this whole "feelings hurt"-thing, its so easy to hurt somebodies feelings that its not even funny anymore.

racism gets wrong as soon as criminal criterias are being met. blackmailing, beating, openly discriminating people in a hurtful and life-shattering manner, and so on - but these criterias can also easily be met without any racist intend at all!
    on the other hand, not wanting to have anything to do with a certain "kind" of people is nothing bad... ofc feelings are being hurt in form off "mii mii, he wont even look me in the face when im greeting him", but thats just totally not problematic in any way. its our right as humas to be able to ignore certain people - the reasons shouldnt matter here at all. also not selling xy any goods isnt also really that big of a deal, since its already happening on a legal level by not selling kids any booze or cigarettes, in the end you, as the shopowner, are free to choose to wich people you want to sell your goods - as long as you stay legal(dont sell booze to kids! even if you want to!).

"racism" is extremely overrated and people should finally stop talking about it and just accept things how they are.
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-02-02 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I never said it automatically did. We are saying it creates and unjust enviorment and that in some cases more qualified whites/asians are turned down to fill quotas,fear of looking racist and from lawsuits.
    Asians are covered under AA.
    The thing is AA was the solution to the problem you are talking because it was and still does happen to minorities, women, and the disabled.

"Billy has 5 apples and Tommy has 3, if Billy eats 3 apples and Tommy 1 how many apples will they have?"

The question would be based on something that people would see as common white knowledge but other groups would see as something different.
    Like who is Houdini some people will know he is the magician but some would thing about the rapper even though the spelling in different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    so because somebody can get butthurt over it, means its wrong? oh please! you are pretty much criminalizing everything there has ever been in the entire universe! theres even people who are offended when you tell them that the sun does NOT orbit the earth, even TODAY! you wanna now go and tell me, that telling people about this fact is wrong because of that?!

i think you truly are overrating this whole "feelings hurt"-thing, its so easy to hurt somebodies feelings that its not even funny anymore.

racism gets wrong as soon as criminal criterias are being met. blackmailing, beating, openly discriminating people in a hurtful and life-shattering manner, and so on - but these criterias can also easily be met without any racist intend at all!
    on the other hand, not wanting to have anything to do with a certain "kind" of people is nothing bad... ofc feelings are being hurt in form off "mii mii, he wont even look me in the face when im greeting him", but thats just totally not problematic in any way. its our right as humas to be able to ignore certain people - the reasons shouldnt matter here at all. also not selling xy any goods isnt also really that big of a deal, since its already happening on a legal level by not selling kids any booze or cigarettes, in the end you, as the shopowner, are free to choose to wich people you want to sell your goods - as long as you stay legal(dont sell booze to kids! even if you want to!).

"racism" is extremely overrated and people should finally stop talking about it and just accept things how they are.
    Somehow I get the feeling you would be "butthurt" if you were in a store and see people buying something out of it but when your time comes you are told "I don't sell goods to people like you". I wonder how harmless you would find racism if you lived and worked in a place where the majority of people would ignore you?

Deleted
    What would people define as racism? How far does it go before it's deemed as racism? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    What would people define as racism? How far does it go before it's deemed as racism? <.<
    According to some posters on this thread being white is enough to be called a racist.

According to some posters on this thread being white is enough to be called a racist.
    Can you quote someone saying exactly this? Or are you merely demonstrating that you know what hyperbole is?
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-02-02 at 04:35 PM.

It is literally impossible for a white man to be a victim of racism. Women on the other hand, can still get prejudice just because they're women.

Of course there is white prejudice. And I don't blame the minorities for hating us, because historically speaking we really deserve everything they throw at us.

If a black person kills a black person its a crime, if a black person kills a white person its a crime, but if a white person kills a black person its a HATE crime.

Also, Affirmative Action.

Racism against white people happens every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Can you quote someone saying exactly this?
    Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Whites cannot be oppressed in the western world because they, and only they have power and privilege over minorities solely because of their skin color. A lot of white people are unaware or completely ignore this fact, but it doesn't change anything. You are treated better everywhere you go simply because you're white. Racism will only start to go away when white people can accept their privilege and realize that they have a significant advantage over others because of race.

http://racism-education.tumblr.com/p...m-doesnt-exist
    Being white and not spending your time and enegry bettering the life of non-white people = racism. And people wonder why we get offended.

Oxford dictionary:

noun
    [mass noun]
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:
    theories of racism
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:
    a programme to combat racism.

/thread.

You mean the way You, Booshman and the pony think white people are provileged and don't deserve a fair access to education/the work market?

Well without AA white males were preferred, exactly what would you call that?

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 7 class periods a day in highschool. In 5 of them, I was the only white kid. February was an especially hard month
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

That's the game, funniest thing is the guy most aggressive and insulting (and bigoted) will not even be infracted for it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 05:41 PM ----------

Anyways the most telling issue with bigotry is how it gets ignored when it's not a "victim" status person.

If you achieve the mighty "victim" status in the USA, you suddenly become empowered to be a bigot.

You can use your sudden clout as a victim to get into university... once there you can create your gang tables, then when you have enough you can force the universities to tailor make your education for you. If you don't understand what that means look up Michelle Obama and see what he 4 year college degree was in, particularly her minor. She actually did her thesis titled ""Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community"" That's a thesis? Really? If I tried to a thesis on X University whites and the white community I think I wouldn't have been accepted.

It's perplexing...
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Hah, I been called a racist for not wanting to be with someone who wasn't white. :')