Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread is still going on.....I find it interesting how not one person yet as stated a solution to make racism go away...Or is there? People are just battering back and forth on how their race is being treated unfair. Well guess what, all races are treated unfair. I don't care how you put it that one race is treated more unfairly than the other. IT'S ALL WRONG!!! Until someone comes up with a solution where everyone is treated fairly then this argument is going no where.

Also saying removing the option of choosing your race on an application is not a solution because people still have to come in for interviews, etc. Your race will get judged by some people, sad to say, no matter the color. People will prefer you more or like you less.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think they mean "should AA also benefit women over men".

(the answer's no by the way)

((zurtle won't get in trouble for cheating if he uses my answer will he Themius))
    Everyone sits about toting racism and AA yet leaves out the fact AA has helped qualified minorities get jobs and white women get jobs as well. Yet people will say AA is racisttttt!!!! So I guess all those women that have jobs thanks to AA that happen to be white think it's racist too huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know... the hbcus have a scholarship for white students...

Also refer to booshmans previous post on what happened when AA was banned. It's quite stark as even high scoring minorities with good grades were passed over in favour of whites.
    I'm not talking about a scholarship I'm talking about quantifying to get into a collage or applying for certain jobs

why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration when they apply to a college or apply for certain jobs hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-03 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    If you worked for HR you would probably do the same after some time, when 99% of those named Shaniqua do not have the skills and qualifications you're looking for. At some point you just might not care about being politically correct, you just want to get the work finished so you can go home.

If they could identify "ghetto whites" by name, they'd probably skip those names more often than "normal names" as well.
    So what this means is we're basing what we think of a person based off their names lol. "99% of people name Shaniqua are ghetto trash while 99% of people named Emily are preppy girls from the suburbs."

Really?

Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all.

When you consider people need jobs to well... make money and survive and whites take up 90.5% of all businesses exactly what would you expect to happen with minorities when whites start to hire more whites as they prefer them over minorities?
    This is the same Chadwix, who (despite his backpedaling) believed wholeheartedly and tried to prove that the Klan isn't/wasn't ever a racist organization "because they have black members."

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    This thread is still going on.....I find it interesting how not one person yet as stated a solution to make racism go away...Or is there? People are just battering back and forth on how their race is being treated unfair. Well guess what, all races are treated unfair. I don't care how you put it that one race is treated more unfairly than the other. IT'S ALL WRONG!!! Until someone comes up with a solution where everyone is treated fairly then this argument is going no where.

Also saying removing the option of choosing your race on an application is not a solution because people still have to come in for interviews, etc. Your race will get judged by some people, sad to say, no matter the color. People will prefer you more or like you less.

Sombody give that guy a medal!

Deleted
    Everyone sits about toting racism and AA yet leaves out the fact AA has helped qualified minorities get jobs and white women get jobs as well. Yet people will say AA is racisttttt!!!! So I guess all those women that have jobs thanks to AA that happen to be white think it's racist too huh?
    Of course AA helps give jobs to members of the particular group that it helps. The question is whether AA is good for society as a whole. And we already know that it's a racist policy, because it is by definition.

Also, are you one of those loonies who think women are a "minority"?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm not talking about a scholarship I'm talking about quantifying to get into a collage or applying for certain jobs

why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    White people aren't being discriminated against. It probably has something to do with a country trying to rectify their hatred of those "coloureds" for centuries, which led to some socioeconomic issues of those groups.

Those names are HISTORICALLY BLACK NAMES. Not "stupid" names but historically black centric names that became popular in the 60s.
    The fact that they label them as stupid just shows the obvious mindset of a number of whites, when they view things that aren't Euro-fied.

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post

I have put solutions forward multiple times. The solution is incredibly simple, stop dividing people by race. Some people are disadvantaged, why does it matter what color they are? Educate people and teach them how to overcome disadvantage.

Of course AA helps give jobs to members of the particular group that it helps. The question is whether AA is good for society as a whole. And we already know that it's a racist policy, because it is by definition.

Also, are you one of those loonies who think women are a "minority"?
    right because saying "qualified minorites and women" = women are a minority.

They might, I don't know. You'd have to ask them.

...What was the point of this post?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    The fact that they label them as stupid just shows the obvious mindset of a number of whites, when they view things that aren't Euro-fied.
    Seriously... "hey that name that came out of the civil rights movements and is mostly used by blacks is stupid and ghetto and all those people are unqualified." really says a ton.

This is the same Chadwix, who (despite his backpedaling) believed wholeheartedly and tried to prove that the Klan isn't/wasn't ever a racist organization "because they have black members."
    Separatist's more so than racists, modern got racist. Give me credit though i was pulling out some weird ass links

"Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all."

Ive been using blacks as an example since the employment section of the thread. Its the best example because english is a first language, unlike a lot of other minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration when they apply to a college or apply for certain jobs hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    Bingo, Vyxn gets it.

Deleted
    So what this means is we're basing what we think of a person based off their names lol. "99% of people name Shaniqua are ghetto trash while 99% of people named Emily are preppy girls from the suburbs."

Really?
    Not we, but people who work in Human Resources. They get 1000 applications in front of them and need to pick 10 to interview withim a timeframe that would allow them to carefullh read max 100 applications.

Honestly I am not surprised at all by this topic or the white people on it. This forum has so much white male whine, it's fucking pathetic. I don't see white women whining....

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:47 PM ----------

Not we, but people who work in Human Resources. They get 1000 applications in front of them and need to pick 10 to interview withim a timeframe that would allow them to carefullh read max 100 applications.
    Right so they look at the resumes and instead of looking at their actual resume and their qualifications they see "Toynetta" and go "trash, probably ghetto. Ooh Emily, I bet she's a nice girl from the suburbs."

Honestly I am not surprised at all by this topic or the white people on it. This forum has so much white male whine, it's fucking pathetic. I don't see white women whining....
    You seem pretty mad.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ive been using blacks as an example since the employment section of the thread. Its the best example because english is a first language, unlike a lot of other minorities.
    Exactly. Immigrants will generally always be treated worse because they do not know the ways of the country they've arrived, including language. African americans aren't immigrants.

If the name is known to give you a disadvantage, would you not consider it a stupid decision to name your child that? Hence, a stupid name. Hitler is a white name, it is also a stupid name. I'm sorry you are extremely racist, but this is not a race issue, it's a naming issue.