Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Keyboard turning is fine. Some people literally use just A and D though. You should be using strafe almost exclusively.

Deleted
    It's a game, people play how they like. If they want to keyboard turn then who are you to question it? Sure, suggest different methods to them but why bother getting annoyed over it? If you are truly irritated at how other people enjoy playing a game then I feel sorry for you.

I use a combination of keybinds and clicking, not really heavy on either side, have the usual binds along with a few clicks here and there, never really saw the issue of having to click everything though, sure response times may be slowed, but it's all about preference/playstyle in the end.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishrage View Post
    It's a game, people play how they like. If they want to keyboard turn then who are you to question it? Sure, suggest different methods to them but why bother getting annoyed over it? If you are truly irritated at how other people enjoy playing a game then I feel sorry for you.

Because this game revolves around playing together. When 1 or more people are useless because they refuse to play properly than they bring everyone else down with them. Sorry but that's just the truth.

Also, it's not "just" a game...it's people's time. And time is the most important thing in the world. I think people tend to forget that. (And no, doing something else with our time is not a valid answer).
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-01-29 at 04:19 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    It's pretty bad...although I got the 1800 weapon during season 6 using a trackpad no lie was hilarioussssssss and no I wasn't a dk haha

I played for over 1 year w/o a mouse....and used a laptop with a touch pad. Soooo I can feel his pain....i just didnt know any different lol
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a couple guildies that refused to bind and thought they were amazing in our raids. They were absolutely awful. The one that tanked actually used his arrow keys too. I was very polite like I always am with these types of people. I tell them to just try and learn to bind and obviously move over to the left side of the keyboard and that I'd help them learn. But some people are extremely stubborn and lazy, they think they're fine and they get offended when you try to give them advice. Those guildies /Gquit over this, lol. Not a single fuck was given.

The funniest thing is seeing these people try and get better gear, mice and keyboards, addons, etc. to up their dps or healing. They go nuts looking for all kinds of ways to get better...meanwhile the single biggest thing they can do for themselves is start binding...which they refuse to do, lmao.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I was sitting here thinking to myself "shit, am I a noob? I use the arrow keys to move" then realised that I don't (i use asdw) and a wave of relief washed over me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    You should be using strafe almost exclusively.
    Are you a crab?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruii View Post
    Not to mention most mouses today can easily keybind 6+ buttons.
    But what about those of us with very very small hands most of those gaming style mice are way too big for our hands...I am a female player with hands the size of a 6 yr kid...I kid you not...I for me to use any of the better gaming mice would not work....I don't have the reach with my fingers.....and I still do great in pvp and raiding...using arrow keys to move....I mean I got "of the Alliance" title, the 100,000 HK during LK expansion..so don't say someone using arrow keys can't pvp well...cause we can....

The only thing about keyboard turners I feel is sorry that they don't get to experience how smooth and natural WOW feels when you master it's movement mechanics. Holding down right click to strafe with the turn keys while holding down L click to change the camera back and forth is the most intuitive and effortlessly silky example of gameplay and camera control I've seen in an MMO, and it's a huge part of what addicted me to WOW originally.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-29 at 04:23 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But what about those of us with very very small hands most of those gaming style mice are way too big for our hands...I am a female player with hands the size of a 6 yr kid...I kid you not...I for me to use any of the better gaming mice would not work....I don't have the reach with my fingers.....and I still do great in pvp and raiding...using arrow keys to move....I mean I got "of the Alliance" title, the 100,000 HK during LK expansion..so don't say someone using arrow keys can't pvp well...cause we can....
    HK's aren't exactly good at measuring your ''skill' I'm just saying.

But were they any good by playing with the arrows?

I could never understand using the letter keys to move because all the keys are just grouped up without any sections for a frame of reference, and when I've been forced to use it that way in some games with bad key bindings, I felt like I was mashing my wrist on the space bar to jump instead of using my finger.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post

I really don't wanna get into it but you have to understand that someone moving with arrow keys and clicking cannot pvp well or really do anything else that well either. 100k kills just means you pvp a lot and got the HK's. I know because I'm 24k kills from Bloodthirsty. The thing is, by now you should've realized that binding is not just the better way, but the only way to be a genuinely good player. And there are plenty of mice out there you could get. But keyboards are the thing you should be most focused on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    HK's aren't exactly good at measuring your ''skill' I'm just saying.
    Then give me some bigger hands....you can't ....I have adapted to using size of my hands to get my game play done quite well....add in fact I have serve carpal tunnel syndrome from my work history in both of my hands and arthritis due to my age...I am a 56 yr Grandmother playing this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Because this game revolves around playing together. When 1 or more people are useless because they refuse to play properly than they bring everyone else down with them. Sorry but that's just the truth.

Also, it's not "just" a game...it's people's time. And time is the most important thing in the world. I think people tend to forget that. (And no, doing something else with our time is not a valid answer).

It is just a game. If said person is bringing the group down, why are you bringing that person to the group ? Using Arrow keys is "refusing to play properly"? You're proving to be the person I was making fun of on the first page. You hate leftys don't you ? Did a lefty kill your parents when you were young ? Was it a lefty Paladin ? Are you ChostGrawler ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't wanna get into it but you have to understand that someone moving with arrow keys and clicking cannot pvp well or really do anything else that well either. 100k kills just means you pvp a lot and got the HK's. I know because I'm 24k kills from Bloodthirsty. The thing is, by now you should've realized that binding is not just the better way, but the only way to be a genuinely good player. And there are plenty of mice out there you could get. But keyboards are the thing you should be most focused on.
    Then fix my hand size ....wait you can't....my finger spread is very very minimal due to my hand size...add in fact of two medical problems I have with my hands doesn't help either.....again don't judge how a person uses in game to play....what others might use might be better for game play but that might not work for everyone...we are all different are we not...try playing with hands the size of a 6 yr old kid and see how well you play...

10+ Year Old Account
    It annoys the crap out of me when I see people backpedal.. and I don't know why.

In PvE, backpedaling and clicking is somewhat acceptable but not in PvP. I've seen SO many people (99.9% of them are Hunters) die because they backpedal.

Deleted

Right, and this game also involves having fun. If I don't like doing something, I don't do it. And who's to say they are useless because they keyboard turn/click? I really doubt you are in any position to comment on how 'useless' someone is based on how they play.

I'm sorry, but it is 'just a game'. Everything you do involves time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    My girlfriend used to use arrow keys and click. One day when she went AFK to walk the dog, I went into her key bindings and unbound the arrow keys and swapped her WASD keys with the arrow keys. It took some getting used to, but after a couple of weeks she got used to it, and I got out of the doghouse.
    Heh, had it been me, I would have gone back into my keybinding menu and rebound them to what I wanted and then gone into yours and bound them to some random keys just to spite you. :P

That being said, I've always moved with my mouse and keybound important spells and my number of keybindings has just increased over the years.

OP, unless you do arenas with your cousins or something and feel they're underperforming, I don't see why you'd have an issue with how they prefer to play. You might suggest to them that you think using something else for movement and bindings works better, but if they don't want to change it won't make any difference.