Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

why people hate asian references in wow?

One of the reasons why people hate this current expansion is the great amount of asian references and that it doesnt "fit" in the wow universe

Northrend was based in Norse mythology, and Troll cultures are a reference of Centro American/African cultures.
    Last edited by fenixazul; 2013-01-29 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    I am people and i dont hate it.

I think you meant :

*Why some people dont like Asian themes?*

Answer :

You like it , they dont.

I puke at the idea of eating mushrooms , and there are people who would eat only mushrooms.

Its called ............... personal tastes and opinions .

10+ Year Old Account
    People have different taste in aesthetics.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    asian theme makes me feel less immersed. I'm more old school fantasy. But that's just me..i'm sure lots of people like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    One of the reasons why people hate this current expansion is the great amount of asian references and that it doesnt "fit" in the wow universe

Northrend was based in Norse mythology, and Troll cultures are a reference of Centro American/African cultures.
    because as everyone clearly knows if it isn't Ameri-centric or Euro-centric it doesn't fit in fantasy.

That's basically the reason
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    because as everyone clearly knows if it isn't Ameri-centric or Euro-centric it doesn't fit in fantasy.

That's basically the reason
    This guy forgot the /sarcasm mode on when he wrote .

Deleted
    - prehaps some people dont like it, cause they think it focusses too much on the asian market.
    - others might not like cause they are in the opinion that eastern themes dnt belong in WoW at all (which is silly, since those were always there. basic example: Night elf style building have an eastern theme too it)
    - others might not like it cause its cool too not like it.
    - endless list of possibilties that goes on and on ....

personally i dont mind it, its quite refreshing from the more western themes we saw in wotlk. or arabic themes with uldum and the way dalaran looked.
    lots of cultures have inspired blizzard in something, and the asian theme really fitted pandaria.

I for one didn't think I would like this expansion because of the Asian themes and I find myself loving it. Other then the dailies I have no problems with this expansion

"some" do not represent everyone. What you see and hear is called the vocal minority.. Personally I love it.

My problem is a full expension base on one cultures, this is like a full continent about one culture thats bugs me. (with the exeption of Dread waste)

Lets say, one zone like Uldum, it's fine, but I don't want to see a full expension base around egyptian/babylonian mythology

Deleted
    i love wow but cant stand all this asian pandaria shit (no offence intended, but i totally dislike most asian themes,architecture etc in a game; ESPECIALLY wow).
    like you said, it just doesnt fit and doesnt feel like warcraft at all... im currently sitting out this xpac and maybe the next xpac will be more WoWlike .. one can hope tho eh?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people try to keep "Asian Fantasy" seperate from "European Fantasy."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    This guy forgot the /sarcasm mode on when he wrote .
    i thought my phrasing implied it well enough.

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    My problem is a full expension base on one cultures, this is like a full continent about one culture thats bugs me. (with the exeption of Dread waste)

Lets say, one zone like Uldum, it's fine, but I don't want to see a full expension base around egyptian/babylonian mythology
    Like tbc where there was only burning legion .. my gosh the horrors.

At least in MoP we got different races in it.. demons are just demons :P.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    i thought my phrasing implied it well enough.
    Did you watch The big bang theory ?

Never underestimate someone's ability not to catch sarcasm.

Deleted
    also, the music also gets on my fekkin tits. all that jingly jangly wooshoo crap.

Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    i love wow but cant stand all this asian pandaria shit (no offence intended, but i totally dislike most asian themes,architecture etc in a game; ESPECIALLY wow).
    like you said, it just doesnt fit and doesnt feel like warcraft at all... im currently sitting out this xpac and maybe the next xpac will be more WoWlike .. one can hope tho eh?
    People literally said the same thing about the Burning Crusade though. Many people hated how it blended science fiction and fantasy motifs. Now many regard it as one of the best expansions.

So I guess its all a matter of personal preference, no?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Did you watch The big bang theory ?

Never underestimate someone's ability not to catch sarcasm.
    No. I watch good television.

And that wasn't sarcasm

Deleted
    idd it is about personal preference/opinions
    however, TBC felt very much like WOW should tho (you know all like wowy n stuff ;p).. pandaria feels nowt liek wow and has nothing in it that makes me wanna play it for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Yet in all fairness, MoP blends many motifs of the Asian continent together in Pandaria. Uldum is primarily based off a single nation. People in the west seem to forget how distinct and varied culture in Asia really is.

Seems fair too me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing topics like this "bla bla people hate mop" yet when I´m in game I see nothing of the kind (except for the daylies ofc). I wonder exactly how much there is in it - well I don´t since it seems rather clear to be a rather vocal minority...
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.